forum

youtube plugin

posted
Total Posts

Do you want a [youtube] tag to embed youtube videos into posts?

Yes
64.52%
No
35.48%
Total votes: 31
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
devkit4384
Is it possible to add a youtube bbcode so videos can be viewed through the forums instead of going through links

example [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/blabla345h[/youtube]
Echo
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
RemmyX25

Echo wrote:

I would rather we keep the forum cleaner.
I agree... despite my best interests.
LuigiHann
The code exists, actually. But only admins can use it. :P
Echo
I never knew that.
An64fan
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
LuigiHann

Echo wrote:

I never knew that.
Peppy used it here: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=581
peppy
EiJi
Make it hidden by default, such as the 'spoiler' tags. Click a button and it shows the video on the forum.

My two cents of the month.
An64fan

EiJi wrote:

Make it hidden by default, such as the 'spoiler' tags. Click a button and it shows the video on the forum.
I personally don't see this as required. Embedded videos only load the video box into the post anyways. The video itself doesn't actually start loading until you decide to click in the box.

RemmyX25
Alright, I'm going for my original side on this:

Go for it.
Pokebis
Wojjan
I can only think of us, whose computers aren't that fast. If 3 people put a video on the same page, my computer (don't know if you guys ever experience it) tries to load all 3 video's at the same time, killing my Osu! and my PC.
I'd stick with the link.
Saturos

Wojjan wrote:

I can only think of us, whose computers aren't that fast. If 3 people put a video on the same page, my computer (don't know if you guys ever experience it) tries to load all 3 video's at the same time, killing my Osu! and my PC.
I'd stick with the link.
Not quite sure why that'd be the case, unless you were trying to stream them at the same time. They do not attempt to load until you tell them to.
Wojjan

Saturos wrote:

Wojjan wrote:

I'd stick with the link.
Not quite sure why that'd be the case, unless you were trying to stream them at the same time. They do not attempt to load until you tell them to.
So I'm the only one with that problem, it seems :/
I'll look into it.
ThePassingShadow
peppy

Added, and testing.