forum

An option to keep your default hitsounds? [Denied]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
iobham
While some maps sound rather nice with their custom hitsounds, others force you to use hitsounds that don't sound, well... strong enough. I tend to use the Elite Beat Osu! sounds because you can definitely hear if you have hit something or not.

I'm basically asking for a feature or mod that lets you use the hitsounds of the skin you've chosen over the ones that the map uses.
Guy-kun
>anything that involves overriding beatmap themes
peppy, come and say no.
rust45
Not to mention depending on what hitsounds they are overriding, it may sound bad when you listen with your sounds.
mm201
nope.avi

Try deleting dsmn's hitsounds and you'll cry.
Ekaru

MetalMario201 wrote:

nope.avi

Any map that relies on custom hitsounds to sound good will make you cry when you delete them, especially if they use more custom hitsounds than your skin uses.

While I would like to get rid of that annoying hitsound some mappers use every other beat that sounds like a loud slap, there's nothing you can do aside from sucking it up and modding more.
Topic Starter
iobham
Oh well. I guess I'll just avoid maps that insist on using that damned default whistle.
NotShinta

MetalMario201 wrote:

nope.avi

I tried.

Why ya wanna wanna hurt me so bad.
Claudia_old
EBA hitsounds?

oh god.
Topic Starter
iobham

E-Hooker wrote:

EBA hitsounds?

oh god.
Is there a problem?
Firo Prochainezo

E-Hooker wrote:

EBA hitsounds?

oh god.
EBA hitsounds are the best, shut up.
ShaggoN
Hmmm...custom hitsounds never annoyed me from what i remember. I usually like them. But if it's making your play less fun, then you can remove them from song folder...
...until osz2 comes of course. :cry: