forum

Ayane - Azurite no Hitsugi

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Fushimi Rio
Reply to Mao's post is finished. If there's anything that I need to do in the requalification progress, please tell me.
Currently what I know I can do is just waiting for discussion from unknown people until an unknown date. That's not really pleasing, right?
Left
DQ is done too easily. I saw same one before in Karia's map, quite uncomfortable at this.

Actually I think difficulty is fine in this map.
1. 00:30:960 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - same with imoutosan, song gave.

2. 01:33:561 (2,3,4) - I could hear obviously and tension is super high, so looks cool for me tho

3. 01:47:954 (1,2,3,4) - yea 01:39:630 (1,2,3,4) - we 01:42:405 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - have 01:47:954 (1) - so many introductions. + white NC. At point he gave so many stuffs for readability, we can't say more about it. It's the highest extra, for pro players like 1k or higher. Reading is also ability, isn't it? What's more important here is how this pattern is well blended with song, which i think it's nicely done.

but just fixing looks ez for reQF sad thing
Topic Starter
Fushimi Rio
I have already given up easy qualification after my 3rd map lol
Now I just want to show that there are much more methods to make quality maps, not only those common patterns...

Oh, and rank 1k is a little too high for the diff imo. I thought players around 5k would enjoy it more.
Fia
DQ is always done that easily from long time ago lol
LMT
Hi I think the offset is a bit early, I would say if you moved them 20-25ms forward it would sound better.

Map is really cool though, good luck!
Topic Starter
Fushimi Rio

LMT wrote:

Hi I think the offset is a bit early, I would say if you moved them 20-25ms forward it would sound better.

Map is really cool though, good luck!
Fixed and updated. Thanks for help!
Topic Starter
Fushimi Rio

Lasse wrote:

map discussion 👀

things brought up before:

the only thing that bothered me a bit was the movement on 00:32:781 (6,7,1,2) - the transition just felt much harsher than the others, making it a bit painful to snap to the highest spacing stream in the whole part
I think you could rotate the whole stream a bit, something like http://lasse.s-ul.eu/pMc2Jujb.jpg ?
Personally I prefer make the former transition softer... Current placement is easier for mouse players to catch the stream though.

01:48:301 (2,3,4) - actually kinda agree with mao here, but not cause of readabilty, but because the high spacing 1/6 jumps seems so sudden and the intensity overall seems quite similar to your lower spaced 1/6 stuff, so I think this could be reduced. compare to 01:53:850 (2,3,4) - which makes sense cause it seems more intense overall with the strings
01:53:850 (2,3,4) - as stated above, spacing itself makes sense to me, though I think the back and forth patterning for this is a bit harsh here and seems like a weird choice movement emphasis wise, how about moving (2) to do something like http://lasse.s-ul.eu/0NUzn38H.jpg or similar?
Reduced these spacings a bit. Changed the second pattern's placement.

other points:
01:30:960 (2) - rhythm here seemed a bit unfitting to me as you suddenly have everything (vocals, string, drums) on the slidertail and barely anything on head?. something like http://lasse.s-ul.eu/pdJoKard.jpg might be nice?
Changed to similar rhythm like 01:25:426 (2,3,1,2,3) - since they have same double-downbeat rhythm.

minor things, but 01:44:833 (1) - shape stood out in a strange way compared to your other visuals, I think something more curvy would work better
Yeah it was intended to be straight to make it stand out here... Curvy shapes seems too simple imo

also 01:56:971 (1) - stacking this on 01:55:757 (2) - instead would be cute
Fixed and adjusted this pattern a bit.

hs suggestion: how about replacing drum-hitwhistle with the default soft-whistle so you can put it on the piano sounds you emphasized in the stream part?
ummmm sounds nice, but I still prefer emphasizing drums here.
Lasse
alright I think 9 days should be enough to let people voice their opinion..

seems like you didn't adjust the custom break snapping at 00:19:876 - on some diffs when you changed offset, check start and end of the break on diffs that use it

misure's diff and normal should probably use more fitting combo colors instead of the ones from pinkheart's diff, since the bgs are different

should be fine to bubble after this, considering the set got dq'd because of the top diff and things have been discussed
Topic Starter
Fushimi Rio
I forgot it again orz
Fixed and updated with new combo colors in lower diffs.
Lasse
bubbled

p/5871131 first bubble was before bn split, so it can also be qualified by t1
Nao Tomori
by lasse's request, and ofc my own volition

[istoria]
00:25:079 (1) - this change felt a bit lacking in impact. since things like 00:24:038 (1,1) - came with sharp angle changes, this one isn't as distinguished. you could create a bigger angle change here to differentiate this part a bit? since 00:24:992 (6,1,2) - still feels like part of 00:24:732 (3,4,5,6,1) - section

00:27:853 (5) - didn't see a reason for this angle change either, normally it's placed on a sound in the song but here seems kind of random?

00:55:079 (7) - feels kinda useless as a note, there's nothing here really and the part is quite calm so filler rhythm is not that useful imo (if you implement this, you did it one time earlier on the same pattern. so change that too? 00:46:755 (4) - )

01:25:946 (2,3) - ctrl g here could be better to follow the vocal? since 01:24:905 (1,2,1) - etc are following vocals too, could be nice to follow it here

01:40:339 (1,2) - this jump itself played awkwardly to me. due to the visual dissimilarity to 01:38:778 (1) - i personally could not read it as a 1/8th jump; if you think it's an issue, you could simply bend the slider a bit more to look like the other one, since it's a similar slider then it would be more expected.

01:50:397 (1,2) - didn't really see use of kicksliders on drums before - why here?

01:54:385 (2) - well, i could tell why it's so big, but even then imo since there is not a big sound at this place having it as a similar spacing to 01:55:079 (4,5,1) - felt a bit too big to me - https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/8382290 is my suggestion here.
[xtra]
00:49:009 (6) - missing nc?

01:26:119 (5) - imo deleting this and replacing 01:25:946 (4) - with a slider would work better, due to the lack of vocal on 01:26:119 -

01:35:657 (4,5,1) - considering there was never a stacking slider pattern before, this felt pretty unexpected. how about unstacking it to make it similar with other patterns in the map?

[insane]
01:26:119 (5,1) - blanket? to prove i looked at the diff
[normal]
00:21:264 - rip custom break?

00:30:281 (5,1) - an overlap of this size might be a bit hard to see - maybe bring the 1 out from under 5 a bit?

pm when you respond
KaedekaShizuru
Thank you Lasse &Nao, but my PC boomed before and the new have not already, so all handed over to imouto.
:o :o
Topic Starter
Fushimi Rio
I always have to fix others' maps

Naotoshi wrote:

by lasse's request, and ofc my own volition

[istoria]
00:27:853 (5) - didn't see a reason for this angle change either, normally it's placed on a sound in the song but here seems kind of random? This plays similar as an oval stream. However oval looks not fit so I made a slight angle here.

00:55:079 (7) - feels kinda useless as a note, there's nothing here really and the part is quite calm so filler rhythm is not that useful imo (if you implement this, you did it one time earlier on the same pattern. so change that too? 00:46:755 (4) - ) 00:46:755 (4) - catch a vocal there, so remove it will make that part a little weird. In this case, keep 00:55:079 (7) - for consistency feels better imo.

01:25:946 (2,3) - ctrl g here could be better to follow the vocal? since 01:24:905 (1,2,1) - etc are following vocals too, could be nice to follow it here Well, actually not that nice imo... Since mostly I followed drum in kiai, which is opposite to rhythms with syncopation, skipping this redline feels awkward.

01:50:397 (1,2) - didn't really see use of kicksliders on drums before - why here? 01:50:570 (1) - is intended to emphasize the string. Changed the former one to a circle.

[normal]
00:21:264 - rip custom break? Yeah, because of ar5.5 default break is shorter than custom.

pm when you respond
No reply = fixed. Thanks for help!
Nao Tomori
qualified

changed some really minor stuff.
Topic Starter
Fushimi Rio
cant wait to see success rate
Left
!! gratz
UndeadCapulet
wb