forum

The O.C. Supertones - I Can Be Your Friend

posted
Total Posts
show more
wkLeon

m980 wrote:

Your SB load rate is above 5.0x half the time. "totalwhite.png" is on the screen for the most of the sb. It's never seen except for the intro and the last play section. Why is it there behind everything?

SB load goes up to 15.0x (which is 3 times the recommended cap). To be fair, this SB is VERY busy. I'd tone it down a bit, but whatever. 15.0x is pretty hectic though.
I noticed that most of the load hikes happen when an object is scaled way larger than the play screen (mostly during closeup shots).

Suggestions:

00:47:721 - replace zooming osu-land with fading in total white.
00:20:983 - at countdown 1, use a separate bitmap and clear the other two.
00:35:617 - create zoomed in versions of the backgrounds the size of the play screen and use it instead of scaling the original.
01:58:184 - see above about the osu-land
wmfchris
[SB] Excellent work, though SB load is too heavy for me.

[iNiS980]
1:18:071 (1,2)down 2 grids? Though this is fine for me.

[Choppin']
0:58:622 (3) left 1 grid
2:21:381 (3) ^

[Squeezin']
0:29:036 (4) up 1 grid
0:30:691 (4) down1 grid

^ grid refers to grid lv 3.
I'm not so familiar with authentic mapping of solo maps, and the spacing mod is based on the usual spacing in the diff~ I you think that keeping them can be more authentic just ignore them~

star~
gyt
[Squeezin']
02:08:347 (4) - add clap?

[Choppin']
02:13:933 (11) - add finish?

Cool storyboard! Star
Topic Starter
K2J
Just a quick reminder: the SB Load value is most accurate when testing a map, since it won't display all four layers at once. A lot of places go over 5.0x in the Design tab, but it's a bit better during actual playtime. Also, as I mention below, and as peppy mentioned when introducing this feature, I'm using this as a guideline. If you are actually having trouble with the beatmap, please let me know in detail where and what is happening.

m980 wrote:

Your SB load rate is above 5.0x half the time. "totalwhite.png" is on the screen for the most of the sb. It's never seen except for the intro and the last play section. Why is it there behind everything?

SB load goes up to 15.0x (which is 3 times the recommended cap). To be fair, this SB is VERY busy. I'd tone it down a bit, but whatever. 15.0x is pretty hectic though.
Make sure you full download; the .osb has not had that persistent totalwhite since a few weeks ago. Unless you and I are thinking of different ones. I originally had it because when I saved, the .osu's background instruction was removed (a reported issue) and thus the space that was assumed to be black was actually the default beatmap background.

I'll try to tone down the overlap a bit, when possible. To be honest, I made most of these decisions right before the SB Load factor was added, so I tried to cut corners on filesizes whenever possible, instead.

My crappy Dell (with an integrated graphics card) can run the entire map just fine. If people are still legitimately having problems, I will consider upping the filesize in exchange for performance.

[Choppin']
02:37:519 (1,2,3,4) - I changed my mind. This is too anticlimactic (and dumb).
Fine. Maybe some other map. I'm still adamant about this being a viable technique, despite everyone's complaints, but I'll concede that it doesn't fit this map.

WikiLeon wrote:

00:47:721 - replace zooming osu-land with fading in total white.
*sigh* No longer zooms...

00:20:983 - at countdown 1, use a separate bitmap and clear the other two.
I originally did this, but I cut it because of filesize concerns. A few layering issues (the "Are You Ready?" image still appearing after 2 appears) fixed this to be below 5x.

00:35:617 - create zoomed in versions of the backgrounds the size of the play screen and use it instead of scaling the original.
I'll consider it, especially during the rocket blasting off sequence, but I won't have time today.

01:58:184 - see above about the osu-land
Uh, fade white over it instead? No, but I'll make it smaller...

wmfchris wrote:

[SB] Excellent work, though SB load is too heavy for me.
What issues are you having, and what kind of hardware do you have? What areas are most detrimental to your playing? This is very important - I might be able to get a handle on how high I can get the SB Load to go to if I know how its affecting others' computers.

[iNiS980]
1:18:071 (1,2)down 2 grids? Though this is fine for me.
m980 has told me jumps like this are OK in higher difficulties, though I personally didn't use them in my difficulties, sticking to the "right next to each other if 1/2 a beat apart" guideline, which is why you might have gotten confused. Left as is.

[Choppin']
0:58:622 (3) left 1 grid
2:21:381 (3) ^
All similar areas fixed, thanks.

[Squeezin']
0:29:036 (4) up 1 grid
0:30:691 (4) down1 grid
Both fixed.

gyt wrote:

[Squeezin']

[Choppin']
02:13:933 (11) - add finish?
Eh, I don't know about these. Left as is for now, but I'll think about it.
wmfchris
What issues are you having, and what kind of hardware do you have? What areas are most detrimental to your playing? This is very important - I might be able to get a handle on how high I can get the SB Load to go to if I know how its affecting others' computers.

Ahh~ I feel sorry that I mislead you, I have no problems while testing the maps and I do not know much about SB...
Mr Gaddy
Instant-star.
wkLeon
Ummm... what happened to the popcorn meteor in [Veggin]?
Topic Starter
K2J
Er, I'll fix that... Thanks.
aRiskOfRain
General;

That 1 sounds awfully loud compared to Sam and 2.

Veggin';

01:18:483 (2) - Unsnapped note. :<

Squeezin';

Choppin';

Some unsnapped notes over here too, boss.

All my support.
Topic Starter
K2J

DiamondCrash wrote:

General;

That 1 sounds awfully loud compared to Sam and 2.
OK, I'll reduce it. Make sure that you're taking the pan effect into account, though.

Veggin';

Squeezin';

Choppin';

Some unsnapped notes over here too, boss.

All my support.
Are you referring to unsnapped in time or unsnapped to the grid? I didn't see either. I moved them back off and back on to both the grid and the timeline; see if that fixes it...
aRiskOfRain

There's a resnap all notes button in the timing menu.
Topic Starter
K2J
I thought I had already done that from the timing panel, but whatever. See if it's fixed now, because I'm not seeing a difference.
[Strike]
awesome SB! automatic star!
Fight69
XepherX3
Woohoo get this ranked already

:posted from the iphone 5 prototype:
djyellow22
rank plz

star
Card N'FoRcE
Why i never noticed this was completed.

StarStarStarStarStarStarStar
Lunah_old
Oh god, rank this awesome shit <3
Kuroneko-sHerald
Must be ranked XD
Tatsuo
I found nothing wrong. Have a star and more good sir~
+ Support
dNextGen
rank plz
Behon
Geez, it's gotten to the point where K2J is publicly announcing he's going to let the map die because nobody will bubble or anything, and mods are STILL ignoring this. What, are there 200 Touhou/Miku songs you'd rather look at?
Jako87
Some serious stuff here :D
Lilac
Yeah, you deserved it.

If people want to nazi the SB, pop it, otherwise it's good enough for a rank.
James2250
hahaha why did I never see this
Larto
I can be your rank.

Also, I just lost the game.
Claudia_old
grats on ranking brah
Fight69
OMG YES !!!
Topic Starter
K2J
Woot!

Thanks for everyone's support. I was kinda fading there, so I really appreciate it.
rust45
Holy shit holy shit holy shit, I'm playing this as soon as I get home.
Lilac
Finally.

Good work on awesomeness and going down in osu! mapping history.
Sallad4ever
let's make this the most played map :)
James2250

Sallad4ever wrote:

let's make this the most played map :)
And highest user rating too!
Sinistro
Congratulations, this is an excellent creation :)

I only wish I weren't in the army all this time so I could have nazi'd the storyboard to death personally.

Still awesome ;p
Fight69

2 people cannot be our friend ;~;
Zerostarry
Brilliant :)
Topic Starter
K2J

Fight69 wrote:

The song is "I Can Be Your Friend", not "You Should Be My Friend". ;)
Arusha Shuna

Fight69 wrote:

antisocials
Derekku
Sorry that I didn't get to nazi the SB like I said I would (guess I'm in the same boat as Sinistro), but since I don't see any issues, I guess it wouldn't have mattered. xP

Congrats and nice job!~
Soaprman
so, is there any reason I now have "Agents Are Go.osu" in my map list? (viewing via edit mode) I almost want to map it...

edit: it fills "BanchoBot" in as the artist. what....
show more