forum

Problem with osu! timing for all skins! Please help <333

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
JumpStream
This is actually my second post on the forum, and I just downloaded osu! yesterday. I had no clue such a huge and amazing community existed!
I was an offline stepmania player for years and it is amazing to see a rhythm community such as this. The only thing I'm having an issue with is the timing for songs. I could AAA some pretty difficult files in SM, but seem to have an issue even maintaining a 300 note accuracy in osu. I am running a Stepmania style theme with a DDR layout, but was having the same problem with even the standard osu! theme.

What I would like to do is know how exactly to fix the timing. I recorded my results down from an osu! song and that probably can dictate everything.

I will also include a video of Judge 4 (standard) on stepmania comparing directly to an osu! song picked at random. It is really an issue for me going forward so if anyone could help me I would be eternally grateful.

Here is the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9y0v5-Q ... e=youtu.be

Here are five SS results from a song with the timings. All were done with sound off!

-10.36ms - 9.28ms avg
-7.52ms -13.07ms avg
-10.76ms -13.76ms avg
-8.83ms -9.40ms avg
-9.40ms -7.64ms avg

Any help would be truly appreciated and thank you guys for being the community that you are!
Blazy_old
You can try playing with song offset, it is in options. You can try to move your judgment line(?) too, this one is in skin.ini in your skin folder.
Topic Starter
JumpStream

Blazy wrote:

You can try playing with song offset, it is in options. You can try to move your judgment line(?) too, this one is in skin.ini in your skin folder.

What would you suggest for a starting point to slightly offset? I'm kinda nervous to mess something up to be honest.
pexium
You can always change it back to default (0). Don't worry about messing anything up, just play around with it, see what works :)
Check this too: https://www.reddit.com/r/osugame/comments/39rv8m/really_brief_explaination_on_offset/
BitCritterSpyro
Also, if you find an unranked map, changing its initial offset in the editor can help you reach a better accuracy, and also help the map become more accurately timed in general, not for just your sake, but for many others. All you'd need to do, if you actually change the offset via the editor, is post on the beatmap's thread about your suggested offset nudge.