forum

LMFAO - Sexy and I Know It

posted
Total Posts
show more
Ashton
Hi sorry for butting in...

If your trying to get someone to pop a bubble for Subjective Reasoning I don't think it's the best way to go.

DTM9 Nowa wrote:

I completely against such an idea.

I'm not saying that your suggestion is bad, if anything it was good, but because the map is bubbled I honestly don't think that a subjective opinion is a well enough reason to pop the bubble. Especially if the mapper already gave a reason as to why he denied it.
Nowaie

CanadianBaka wrote:

Hi sorry for butting in...

If your trying to get someone to pop a bubble for Subjective Reasoning I don't think it's the best way to go.

DTM9 Nowa wrote:

I completely against such an idea.

I'm not saying that your suggestion is bad, if anything it was good, but because the map is bubbled I honestly don't think that a subjective opinion is a well enough reason to pop the bubble. Especially if the mapper already gave a reason as to why he denied it.
I'm not trying to get it popped. I got poked by my friend who came up to me with this "problem" and we talked about it for a while which lead to me writing here in the first point. It's not my job to bubble/qualify/pop anyway. I just wanted to give opinions about that pattern which to me feels somewhat incorrect since I like to follow music as accurately as possible. I do personally question little bit the overall reasoning for the denying because it was quite over the top defensive (there was even reasoning for something that I believe no one had suggested) and I think a simple "I prefer my own way" would've worked better. Subjective opinion definitely is not enough for a pop (with few expections) at all unless the mapper agrees on whatever is suggested

So yeah... I'm fucking retarded anyway xd

Anyway it's bubblun's map and not mine so it should represent bubblun's view of the song after all. He is completely free to deny it if he wants to
Ashton
well i mean, he already denied it so there's no reason to continue to say that his way of "defending" it was bad?? If you say that he can deny it and you'd be totally fine why do you go ahead and say that?? W/E
_handholding

CanadianBaka wrote:

I'm very sure MrSergio would gladly rebubble minor changes brought about by any modder

anyways drama over. The default soft finishes in the kiai time don't really suit the song, cos like they are no finishes in the song. I replaced them with drum finishes and it sounds much better imo. What do you think?

DeRandom Otaku wrote:

grats on bub and gl with qual
Topic Starter
Hollow Delta

Kisses wrote:

CanadianBaka wrote:

I'm very sure MrSergio would gladly rebubble minor changes brought about by any modder

anyways drama over. The default soft finishes in the kiai time don't really suit the song, cos like they are no finishes in the song. I replaced them with drum finishes and it sounds much better imo. What do you think?

DeRandom Otaku wrote:

grats on bub and gl with qual
Yea re-bubs shouldn't be an issue, i'd just like to receive the least amount of re-bubs as possible.

About your suggestion, I tried it, but I don't exactly agree.

Lets take this section for example: 00:59:217 (1,2,3,4,5) - Drum finishes on every note except the last one, which is a soft finish. Reason I did this is because the last note is the strongest note of the pattern. Putting drum finishes on all notes wouldn't give proper exaggeration to the notes that are strong. The soft finishes exaggerate those stronger notes better, hence why I mapped it like that.
I know this map has had a bit of controversy so far, but hopefully I've made sense with why I've done <blank>
Ashton

Kisses wrote:

minor changes

that's the point I was literally trying to make.

Why rebubble a map for minor changes? Also, what drama. If your saying that replying to / modding a map is drama your sensitive.
Yuii-
Hello there!

I have gone through DMT9 Nowa's post and while I do have to agree with his reasoning, it apparently seems to have a small timing error. Not because of the timing itself, but rather the drummer's fault, mainly. The second hit is slightly off, so I guess it's "fine" to just simplify for rhythm for the sake of it? Probably yes. Supporting you on that.

The real reason for the pop is because I feel like there are a couple of things worth fixing before this map gets pushed into the ranking section, hope you don't mind. I promise you these are not hard to deal with!!

I would probably go with -3 to the current offset (138), seems more accurate.

Combo color 1 feels actually a bit off? Seems like. I would have preferred light blue, to be fair, it seems more fitting. Your call!

During the first 30 seconds of the map, you have no hitsounds. At all. Well, I'm lying, you have 5. The intro of all the difficulties feels extremely empty and with no kind of feedback whatsoever to the players after clicking the notes. I doubt this was done intentionally. 00:00:602 (3,6,3,4,5) - stuff like that cannot be ranked with no hitsound whatsoever.
I appreciate a lot the fact that you did not silence sliderslides, I would be sad, otherwise. That was a great detail. But please, do add more hitsounds to the intro and on the rest of the map, it doesn't seem appropriate to have this song unhitsounded.

(Everything posted below is referred to the Insane difficulty).

On a side note, 00:13:179 (1,1) - 01:05:679 (1,2) - do not have hitsounds, seems like a mistake, actually. These should have, especially the second pair.

01:00:487 (5) - 01:02:333 (5) - 01:04:179 (6) - etc. Finish hitsound overshadows the music way too much, it seems quite unnecessary argue. I would even say the volume is too loud in general, but I will mention that later on. Could you consider other variation for this? drum-hitwhistle; drum-hitfinish; normal-hitwhistle; soft-hitwhistle; drum-hitwhistle.

01:06:602 (1,2) - I would actually merge them into one 1/2 slider instead of this. It's taking too much protagonism 01:06:948 (3,4) - when (2) does not feel worth clicking at all, if you ask me.

Some other comments:

Volume is way too high, or that's what I find it out to be. Try 75% instead, let me see what you think about that.

Could you try a lower AR? 8 or 8.5 seem more fitting than 9 if you ask me. BPM and mapping style would be more benefited with something lower.

00:03:256 - 00:10:641 - I do get the consistency of your patterning, but I really cannot understand why would you undermap these beats. They are so audible, they are there and you not mapping them just feels... weird.

00:44:448 - Personal mostly, but isn't the intensity of the drums getting louder as the music goes on? I feel like you could have mapped them in many different ways, or rather, something more consistent. Decreasing the spacing on 00:47:217 (1,2,3,4) - , for example, doesn't seem right, either. The music isn't getting any calmer, so why would you decrease the spacing? Kinda ruins the momentum a little bit.

00:51:371 (1) - Do you need the NC here? :P

[]

Feel free to call MrSergio back after you have made some changes into it, and tell him to take a look at the mapset again, if possible.
Good luck with further processing!
Topic Starter
Hollow Delta
Thank you for the mod. I'll reply to you after school.
Irreversible
Passion:

00:06:833 (1,2,1) - This has almost the same spacing but there's like no reason to do that. Tbh, the rhythm here kind of seems broken anyway.. I guess adding a 1/2 00:07:064 - slider here could help that a lot, and you'd get rid off the weird antijump
00:22:756 - You excessively follow the vocals but having a slider end on the 1/4 where instruments are breaks your rhythm once again.
00:26:102 (1,2) - I'd place that further away cause it seems slightly misleading.
00:26:910 (6,7) - That definitely has not enough spacing in between, again, misleading spacing. Additionally, 00:27:256 (7) - extending that by 1/4 sounds way more natural.
00:29:679 (1) - I don't know many, another really unnatural placement.. With that slider you already go to the bottom but I feel like the part restarts and thus needs feels something fresh, like an up-movement. 76 88 to give you an idea, obviously that might be 2 much.
00:29:679 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - Also, these could really build a pattern, if you mark them all you can see that it's a bit arbitrary spaced
00:34:756 (4,1) - Why that antijump??
00:46:294 (1,2,3,4) - why increase of spacing
00:47:217 (1,2,3,4) - why does it decrease
00:51:833 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,5,6) - Can you explain me why you've decided to go into sliders 00:53:217 - ? If the answer is vocals, then why is 00:52:756 (1) - NC'd? Or why 00:51:833 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12) - does this look like no real pattern?

You can do soooo much better, I believe :x That this was bubbled really baffles me.
Topic Starter
Hollow Delta

Yuii- wrote:

Hello there!

I have gone through DMT9 Nowa's post and while I do have to agree with his reasoning, it apparently seems to have a small timing error. Not because of the timing itself, but rather the drummer's fault, mainly. The second hit is slightly off, so I guess it's "fine" to just simplify for rhythm for the sake of it? Probably yes. Supporting you on that.

The real reason for the pop is because I feel like there are a couple of things worth fixing before this map gets pushed into the ranking section, hope you don't mind. I promise you these are not hard to deal with!!

I would probably go with -3 to the current offset (138), seems more accurate. I'll give this offset a shot.

Combo color 1 feels actually a bit off? Seems like. I would have preferred light blue, to be fair, it seems more fitting. Your call! I was going for Tropical colors, and blue would've blended with the sky, which is why I didn't choose that.

During the first 30 seconds of the map, you have no hitsounds. At all. Well, I'm lying, you have 5. The intro of all the difficulties feels extremely empty and with no kind of feedback whatsoever to the players after clicking the notes. I doubt this was done intentionally. 00:00:602 (3,6,3,4,5) - stuff like that cannot be ranked with no hitsound whatsoever. I did originally have hitsounds throughout the whole map, but around the time I uploaded this I had BN say it was over done. I didn't really know how to fix it so I just removed them. I can add the hitsounds back though.

I appreciate a lot the fact that you did not silence sliderslides, I would be sad, otherwise. That was a great detail. But please, do add more hitsounds to the intro and on the rest of the map, it doesn't seem appropriate to have this song unhitsounded. idk why I would mute the slider bodies. lol

(Everything posted below is referred to the Insane difficulty).

On a side note, 00:13:179 (1,1) - 01:05:679 (1,2) - do not have hitsounds, seems like a mistake, actually. These should have, especially the second pair. I'm gonna put a whistle on the spinner. Reason I didn't put hitsounds on the second pair was because I wanted to transition into the second half of the kiai, but that idea might just get scrapped anyway.

01:00:487 (5) - 01:02:333 (5) - 01:04:179 (6) - etc. Finish hitsound overshadows the music way too much, it seems quite unnecessary argue. I would even say the volume is too loud in general, but I will mention that later on. Could you consider other variation for this? drum-hitwhistle; drum-hitfinish; normal-hitwhistle; soft-hitwhistle; drum-hitwhistle. Your variation doesn't make any sense, because the finishes are all placed on the same sound, why would I change it? Maybe I just don't understand, but until then I'm keeping this the same.

01:06:602 (1,2) - I would actually merge them into one 1/2 slider instead of this. It's taking too much protagonism 01:06:948 (3,4) - when (2) does not feel worth clicking at all, if you ask me. Hmm, good point. I'll try that.

Some other comments:

Volume is way too high, or that's what I find it out to be. Try 75% instead, let me see what you think about that. Yea I agree, at least for everything before the Kiai. The volume of hte Kiai fits the intensity. idk if I'll try 75% but I will fix it.

Could you try a lower AR? 8 or 8.5 seem more fitting than 9 if you ask me. BPM and mapping style would be more benefited with something lower.
I tried everything between 8.5 and 8.9 and it seemed too slow. Sticking with 9.

00:03:256 - 00:10:641 - I do get the consistency of your patterning, but I really cannot understand why would you undermap these beats. They are so audible, they are there and you not mapping them just feels... weird. I mainly did it for variation. It also makes the transition to the claps at 00:06:599 (4,1,2) - more anticipated.

00:44:448 - Personal mostly, but isn't the intensity of the drums getting louder as the music goes on? I feel like you could have mapped them in many different ways, or rather, something more consistent. Decreasing the spacing on 00:47:217 (1,2,3,4) - , for example, doesn't seem right, either. The music isn't getting any calmer, so why would you decrease the spacing? Kinda ruins the momentum a little bit. Fixed.

00:51:371 (1) - Do you need the NC here? :P Yes I do, because it's an un-anticipated death stream. lol

[]

Feel free to call MrSergio back after you have made some changes into it, and tell him to take a look at the mapset again, if possible.
Good luck with further processing!
I was thinking about popping the bubb myself anyway due because I started having second thoughts, but coincidentally you pop it as I'm sleeping lol. I'm gonna get a few more mods before I call Sergio back.
Thanks for the mod.

Irreversible wrote:

Passion:

00:06:833 (1,2,1) - This has almost the same spacing but there's like no reason to do that. Tbh, the rhythm here kind of seems broken anyway.. I guess adding a 1/2 00:07:064 - slider here could help that a lot, and you'd get rid off the weird antijump Reason I increased the spacing here was because the claps made the beat more intense, that anti-jump has the same purpose as well. Also, I can't add a 1/2 slider here because nothing is held.
00:22:756 - You excessively follow the vocals but having a slider end on the 1/4 where instruments are breaks your rhythm once again. I don't exactly understand. There are no vocals where you sent me to, so I had to map the instruments so the intensity was consistent. The slider is mapped to a held sound that ends on that blue tick, so I don't know what else I'm supposed to do.
00:26:102 (1,2) - I'd place that further away cause it seems slightly misleading. Not quite. Take the spacing here 00:24:484 - you have 1/2 spacing on the timeline, and you can measure it based on the dashes the circles of the same color create, which is 2. 00:26:099 (1) - This is 3/4 ticks away instead of 1/2, so it's 3 dashes away instead of 2. You could argue that the intensity of the song takes place as well, but this part doesn't seem any more intense than another, so I'm gonna space it based on the timeline unless otherwise.
00:26:910 (6,7) - That definitely has not enough spacing in between, again, misleading spacing. Additionally, 00:27:256 (7) - extending that by 1/4 sounds way more natural. I explained why I chose this spacing already, but extending 7 makes sense.
00:29:679 (1) - I don't know many, another really unnatural placement.. With that slider you already go to the bottom but I feel like the part restarts and thus needs feels something fresh, like an up-movement. 76 88 to give you an idea, obviously that might be 2 much. While you prove a valid point of introducing something fresh, this part of the song as already been played, so it's fresh relative to this section, but not to the general song, so I don't need a new pattern. Reason for this placement is because the sharpness of the turn better compliments the uniqueness of this beat. I moved the pattern down a bit so the spacing is wider as well to better compliment that beat.
00:29:679 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - Also, these could really build a pattern, if you mark them all you can see that it's a bit arbitrary spaced You're right. I'll try to improve this.
00:34:756 (4,1) - Why that antijump?? The anti-jump is because it's a unique sound. Simply increasing the spacing wouldn't be the best compliment.
00:46:294 (1,2,3,4) - why increase of spacing I already fixed this with Yuii's mod. The drums are getting more intense, so I re-did this part to better compliment that instead of this sudden shift.
00:47:217 (1,2,3,4) - why does it decrease ^
00:51:833 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,5,6) - Can you explain me why you've decided to go into sliders 00:53:217 - ? If the answer is vocals, then why is 00:52:756 (1) - NC'd? Or why 00:51:833 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12) - does this look like no real pattern? I placed that NC there because there was a vocal there. While you could argue 'But the vocals don't start here' that's correct, but this is where the vocals line up with the 4/4 measure, and is a good spot for me to prepare the player to start listening to the vocals. Also, I don't understand how this stream isn't a pattern? When I was mapping this stream I took 2 circular sliders and ctrl+f and lined them up.
You can do soooo much better, I believe :x That this was bubbled really baffles me. Yea this set isn't quite ready yet. It'll get there though.
Thanks for the mod.
Fatfan Kolek
[Easy]
  1. Okok, there is not much to say, but I think your rhythm choices here lack variety. You only mapped to white ticks in the whole diff, therefore this map seems kinda boring? I don't know, but to me it feels a bit undermapped even for an Easy difficulty.
[Normal]
  1. 00:44:445 - 00:51:830 -
    This is also too undermapped for a Normal difficulty. The song gets kinda intense here, so I'd suggest you chose a more dense rhythm choice here, for example like this starting from 00:44:445 https://puu.sh/uaARn/70969d0696.jpg
Your Kiai part is very good btw, it has a nice rhyhtm choice there. Wish you would've used patterns like these before. :D

[Hard]
  1. 00:01:061 (3,4,1) - Mhh, flow is kinda meh here. I don't like playing 3 notes in a straight line, maybe make a sharper angle from (4) to (1)?
  2. 00:06:599 (3,4,5) - This is visually not very appealing. So you want to emphasize the claps, right? I suggest you chose a rhyhtm choice that makes it easier to emphasize only those. I'd do it like this, deleting (3) and placing a repeatslider instead of a normal one. https://puu.sh/uaBXF/c5371f1cde.jpg
  3. 00:17:214 (2) - Make it a short 1/4 repeatslider for better vocal emphasis. https://puu.sh/uaC4E/ddc4810bdc.jpg
  4. 00:58:061 (1,2) - Spacing too high here compared to the rest of the map.
[Passion]
  1. 00:06:830 (1,1) - NC Spam? Also you forgot to put a clap here. 00:07:061 (1) -
  2. 00:19:061 (2,3) - Too high spacing in my opinion.
  3. 00:42:138 (1) - Inconsistency with the NC
  4. 00:58:061 - Put something here like you did in the Hard difficulty.
Ashton
smh

revive the map and the instant you revive it update it, it doesn't even have to have any changes

if you don't it will fall into graveyard again
Topic Starter
Hollow Delta

CanadianBaka wrote:

smh

revive the map and the instant you revive it update it, it doesn't even have to have any changes

if you don't it will fall into graveyard again
Yea I figured that out now lol
Topic Starter
Hollow Delta

Fatfan Kolek wrote:

[Easy]
  1. Okok, there is not much to say, but I think your rhythm choices here lack variety. You only mapped to white ticks in the whole diff, therefore this map seems kinda boring? I don't know, but to me it feels a bit undermapped even for an Easy difficulty.
Yea with the way this song is, it's hard to include anything interesting without the difficulty sky rocketing.

[Normal]
  1. 00:44:445 - 00:51:830 -
    This is also too undermapped for a Normal difficulty. The song gets kinda intense here, so I'd suggest you chose a more dense rhythm choice here, for example like this starting from 00:44:445 https://puu.sh/uaARn/70969d0696.jpg
Your Kiai part is very good btw, it has a nice rhyhtm choice there. Wish you would've used patterns like these before. :D The undermap is what makes this part more of a buildup, it puts more emphasis on the kiai.

[Hard]
  1. 00:01:061 (3,4,1) - Mhh, flow is kinda meh here. I don't like playing 3 notes in a straight line, maybe make a sharper angle from (4) to (1)? I don't think this is an issue as it's not perfectly in a straight line.
  2. 00:06:599 (3,4,5) - This is visually not very appealing. So you want to emphasize the claps, right? I suggest you chose a rhyhtm choice that makes it easier to emphasize only those. I'd do it like this, deleting (3) and placing a repeatslider instead of a normal one. https://puu.sh/uaBXF/c5371f1cde.jpg I like it, done.
  3. 00:17:214 (2) - Make it a short 1/4 repeatslider for better vocal emphasis. https://puu.sh/uaC4E/ddc4810bdc.jpg Done.
  4. 00:58:061 (1,2) - Spacing too high here compared to the rest of the map.
^

[Passion]
  1. 00:06:830 (1,1) - NC Spam? Also you forgot to put a clap here. 00:07:061 (1) -
  2. 00:19:061 (2,3) - Too high spacing in my opinion.
  3. 00:42:138 (1) - Inconsistency with the NC
  4. 00:58:061 - Put something here like you did in the Hard difficulty. Fixed all except this, they're different concepts so they don't need to be the same across diffs.
Bergy
I figured I'd give my own opinion on this due to the recent controversy.

Personally, I like this map. I like the fact it's patterns are creative, yet simple. It plays really well, but like most of you will agree that's not the most important aspect of the map.

I think what Okorin said about the map 'trying to be the same everywhere' when the song itself isn't the same throughout was a good statement. But personally I think the simplicity of the map is what makes it so special.
Topic Starter
Hollow Delta

Bergy wrote:

Personally, I like this map. I like the fact it's patterns are creative, yet simple. It plays really well, but like most of you will agree that's not the most important aspect of the map.

I think what Okorin said about the map 'trying to be the same everywhere' when the song itself isn't the same throughout was a good statement. But personally I think the simplicity of the map is what makes it so special.
lol what a nerd
Ashton

Bergy wrote:

:thinking:

OOOOOH

10/10
riffy
'ello

[General]
  1. Is it just me or does the mp3 kind of cuts off in a pretty rough way?
  2. You don't need widescreen support if you don't have a storyboard.
  3. Mind commenting on the Circle Size choice? I'd personally never use anything smaller than 4 on Easy/Normals. So, how about 3.8/4.2/4.6/5 as circle size values for each diff? till pretty tiny, yet reasonable and more natural.
  4. A break in a song that is one minute long? That feels redundant
[Easy]

• I can't quite agree iwth the spacing choice here as it makes the sliders feel considerably faster creating a rather unbalanced and choppy feel during gameplay. Try to increase it to something around x0.8 or higher, so that SV/DS are more balanced. This will also prevent 1/1 snapped objects from overlapping, which will make the kiai a lot prettier.

Sorry, but I don't really see this difficulty as a working part of the spread. The Circle Size and unbalanced slider velocity/distance spacing make it pretty hard for beginners, while simple 2/1 based rhythm make it too simple for more skilled players. I just fail to see any kind of target skill group that would need the difficulty. If I were you, I would try to reduce Circle Size and increase spacing, this way you would end up with a relatively neat Easy.
[Normal]
  1. 00:11:214 (1) - minor - shouldn't the red nod be aligned with the slidertick? You've done it with all the previous sliders, so it would make more sense.
  2. 01:00:138 (3,4) - 01:01:984 (3,4) - I would rather use reversed 3/4s, like this one 01:11:214 (3), for the whole kiai. This way the difficulty increase (in comaprison with the 1/1 part) will not stress players too much. Please keep in mind that 3/4 is a non-standard snapping and it can get very confusing.

The 3/4 gaps combined with the patterns that overall look rather unpolished (examples: 00:29:676 (1,3) - the curves follow nothing, which makes them look pretty awkward, 00:40:753 (1) - the only slider of this kind, looks out of place) make me feel like the difficulty was done in a rush. Perhaps, spending more time tesplaying and polishing it is the answer you should be looking into.
[Hard]
  1. 00:06:138 (2,3,4) - this is the first time jumps are introduced in this set, making them look exactly like the 1/1 snapped objects is a tryicky thing. Try to go for something less spacious with 1/2 jumps.
    Note: the same would apply for 1/4 jumps, which can easily be misread as 1/2 beats. For instance, 01:06:599 (1,2,3,4,5) - 01:08:907 (2,3,4,5,6) -

I feel like you went too hard with those 1/4 beats, considering that Normal used 1/1s with some 1/2 sliders Hard felt somewhat overdone. Keep the 1/4s for kiai and use less of them in the non-kiai parts, so that the spread is more even.
[Passion]
  1. 00:02:445 (3,5) - the slidercurves don't follow anything in the music and feel pretty inconsistent. These sliders (unlike straight/arc shaped ones) create a glitched feel or slodown a player, which adds some extra emphasis. Being inconsistent with them makes the patterns feel random. Try to consider some other shapes or explain what part of the music these sliders represent, if I am missing something.
  2. 00:28:291 (4,5,6) - try stacking (5,6) and then leaving extra space between these two, so that the 1/4 jumps are consistent.
    Note: 01:06:945 (2,3) - and probably a jump here for consistency. Basically, I generally feel unhappy with the way 1/4 patterns are spaced, as they are often easy to misread as 1/2s or they are spaced in a pretty inconsistent way. Then, there are also patterns like 00:55:061 (5,6,1,2,3) - that appear just once and feel untidy.

The difficulty overall feels very unpolished to me. As a matter of fact, that general untidiness bothers me even more than th usage of spacing does.
The set in generals feels like it is not quite ready yet and it is just the overall untidiness and a lot of minor and unsignificant things that ruin the overall impression.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Best of luck!
Topic Starter
Hollow Delta

Bakari wrote:

'ello

[General]
  1. Is it just me or does the mp3 kind of cuts off in a pretty rough way?
  2. You don't need widescreen support if you don't have a storyboard.
  3. Mind commenting on the Circle Size choice? I'd personally never use anything smaller than 4 on Easy/Normals. So, how about 3.8/4.2/4.6/5 as circle size values for each diff? till pretty tiny, yet reasonable and more natural.
  4. A break in a song that is one minute long? That feels redundant
[Easy]

• I can't quite agree iwth the spacing choice here as it makes the sliders feel considerably faster creating a rather unbalanced and choppy feel during gameplay. Try to increase it to something around x0.8 or higher, so that SV/DS are more balanced. This will also prevent 1/1 snapped objects from overlapping, which will make the kiai a lot prettier.

Sorry, but I don't really see this difficulty as a working part of the spread. The Circle Size and unbalanced slider velocity/distance spacing make it pretty hard for beginners, while simple 2/1 based rhythm make it too simple for more skilled players. I just fail to see any kind of target skill group that would need the difficulty. If I were you, I would try to reduce Circle Size and increase spacing, this way you would end up with a relatively neat Easy.
[Normal]
  1. 00:11:214 (1) - minor - shouldn't the red nod be aligned with the slidertick? You've done it with all the previous sliders, so it would make more sense.
  2. 01:00:138 (3,4) - 01:01:984 (3,4) - I would rather use reversed 3/4s, like this one 01:11:214 (3), for the whole kiai. This way the difficulty increase (in comaprison with the 1/1 part) will not stress players too much. Please keep in mind that 3/4 is a non-standard snapping and it can get very confusing.

The 3/4 gaps combined with the patterns that overall look rather unpolished (examples: 00:29:676 (1,3) - the curves follow nothing, which makes them look pretty awkward, 00:40:753 (1) - the only slider of this kind, looks out of place) make me feel like the difficulty was done in a rush. Perhaps, spending more time tesplaying and polishing it is the answer you should be looking into.
[Hard]
  1. 00:06:138 (2,3,4) - this is the first time jumps are introduced in this set, making them look exactly like the 1/1 snapped objects is a tryicky thing. Try to go for something less spacious with 1/2 jumps.
    Note: the same would apply for 1/4 jumps, which can easily be misread as 1/2 beats. For instance, 01:06:599 (1,2,3,4,5) - 01:08:907 (2,3,4,5,6) -

I feel like you went too hard with those 1/4 beats, considering that Normal used 1/1s with some 1/2 sliders Hard felt somewhat overdone. Keep the 1/4s for kiai and use less of them in the non-kiai parts, so that the spread is more even.
[Passion]
  1. 00:02:445 (3,5) - the slidercurves don't follow anything in the music and feel pretty inconsistent. These sliders (unlike straight/arc shaped ones) create a glitched feel or slodown a player, which adds some extra emphasis. Being inconsistent with them makes the patterns feel random. Try to consider some other shapes or explain what part of the music these sliders represent, if I am missing something.
  2. 00:28:291 (4,5,6) - try stacking (5,6) and then leaving extra space between these two, so that the 1/4 jumps are consistent.
    Note: 01:06:945 (2,3) - and probably a jump here for consistency. Basically, I generally feel unhappy with the way 1/4 patterns are spaced, as they are often easy to misread as 1/2s or they are spaced in a pretty inconsistent way. Then, there are also patterns like 00:55:061 (5,6,1,2,3) - that appear just once and feel untidy.

The difficulty overall feels very unpolished to me. As a matter of fact, that general untidiness bothers me even more than th usage of spacing does.
The set in generals feels like it is not quite ready yet and it is just the overall untidiness and a lot of minor and unsignificant things that ruin the overall impression.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Best of luck!
I've decided I'm going to remap most of the set, but I appreciate you looking at it so I'll give you fair replies.

General
I"ve had mixed feedback about this, so not quite sure how to approach yet.
lol I'll fix.
The circle size was because I wanted it consistent through all 4 diffs, yet I didn't want to change the cs of the last diff, so I instead increased the lower diffs as I figured since the easy diff had basic rhythm, I'd try to make it worth playing at least. I like your suggested sizes, but I might just completely remap every diff.
It seemed right at the time...
Easy
When I mapped this diff, I really had no idea what I was doing. I couldn't find ways to make it interesting, so I went with this rhythm. The sv was a mistake as well, as at the time I didn't view it as an issue.

Normal
Yea, it should.
You're right.
The earlier diffs were rushed because I didn't want to map them in the first place, I just wanted to rank this.

Hard
I wanted to spike up the sr, but it shouldn't be there I agree.

Passion
Simply done for variation. I could keep the same circle - double - circle rhythm consistent though, not a problem.
Hmm, I don't see a reason to do so, and I don't think it looks any better (Or worse) than what I initially mapped.
I think it's pointless going through each little detail, but the consistency issue with the 1/4 jumps aren't an issue as when I did use a 1/4 jump, it was either circle to slider, or slider to circle. The slider's hitbox is larger than the circles, and they didn't seem like an issue to the test players either.
Ashton
if you would like I can map the hard or sth
Topic Starter
Hollow Delta

Canadian Baka wrote:

if you would like I can map the hard or sth
The cut might pose problems, so I won't allow you to go through the effort.
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.