forum

Multiplayer Spectate

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +2,855
show more
Chirimu-Chan
There is already the "Tournament Client", which is able to spectate a whole room (with the correct configuration even 16 players at once). The thing is, its not public and the staff is not going to release it.
Xenocidel

Chirimu-Chan wrote:

There is already the "Tournament Client", which is able to spectate a whole room (with the correct configuration even 16 players at once). The thing is, its not public and the staff is not going to release it.
How about requesting access to the Tournament Client like how League of Legends does it, with Tournament Codes given out through application/request? Also, from what we've seen with OWC, spectating an entire room is really unreliable and laggy.
Green Platinum
I feel this should also come with an ability to abstain from playing for the round too. Allowing you to spectate but also not slowing the room down due to you being afk.
Venumidas
I still don't get why you would hide that Client in puplic, make it supporter only or something like that, hiding it is just stupid since it's one of the most requested things(6 year+ ago and now) why would you hide something like that?

I can see no single reason why you would ever do that, makes no sense.

Also, if it "should" have any problems, then it would be easier to get a lot of problems fixed when going puplic"cutting Edge - possibly(supporter only)".
Chirimu-Chan

Venumidas wrote:

I still don't get why you would hide that Client in puplic, make it supporter only or something like that, hiding it is just stupid since it's one of the most requested things(6 year+ ago and now) why would you hide something like that?

Also, if it "should" have any problems, then it would be easier to get a lot of problems fixed when going puplic"cutting Edge - possibly(supporter only)".
Because to make the Tournament Client work in public/ semi-public, MANY fixes have to be made. That would take a lot of time. I think the Staff simply has other prioritys.
Venumidas

Chirimu-Chan wrote:

Venumidas wrote:

Because to make the Tournament Client work in public/ semi-public, MANY fixes have to be made. That would take a lot of time. I think the Staff simply has other prioritys.

Yes, the best way to fix something is to not let anyone test it. - Still makes no sense.
Danshi_old_1
If this isnt implemented im gonna cry..
Venumidas
Let's bump this because I still didn't get a answer that makes any sense after 4-5 months.
suffofaked
Great idea, Vouching
Hakisak
has this not been done yet? I would find it pretty useful.
[AirHDHR]
+2 votes. Good idea!
[ Scarlet Red ]
I would like it if it was... osu! world cup format-like. And why would more than one cursor be a bad thing? idk... I mean you'd see everyone playing their way... I think it'd work with all the cursors and not just one.

I do suppose this idea either way, though.
non one c
This would be great!
+2 votes!
[All-A]
Yeah this sounds really cool!
I would love for the tournament client to be released, and be able to see all players at once like in the osu world cup, but it seems like the client isn't going to be public any time soon. This option is the next best thing, and it has my support!
Shadow
Would love to see this.
Ambrew
Would also love to see this. Hope it's something that can be available to everyone not just tournament hosts.
Plush
I just requested this feature until I finally realized that the thread is here. Deleted my new request! Please make this happen :) I voted twice. For me it's not about viewing a single cursor, why not have all 4? Use different colors for all :D and we'll be complete. And for me it's not only spectate, why not also multiplayer replays?
Colin
Cool feature
-[S]ikariio]-
Wow, nice idea m8 10/10

+1 sup.
Tae
Yes please
Kyousuke
bump +1
Luddy

Sir Minelli wrote:

I'm not sure if this was posted already or not. I couldn't find it on search.

Anyways it basically works like this:

When on multiplayer lobby, you check the current games that are being played. You right click the tab, and an option will appear saying: Spectate game.

You will then spectate the entire game, not just one single player. But every player and their respective scores.

This can be really nice for tournament purposes.

Edit: When you go to the spectate screen for example when on "head to head", only the cursor of the player that is currently in first place will appear. It WILL change if someone else takes the first place so...

You will have the option to click on a players score tab and the cursor will change to that player's instead.
If you do so, if someone else takes the first place, the cursor won't change to that player. You will have to click that players tab if you wish to see him.

This way we don't see the 8 cursors going all over the place.

For tag it works the same.

Works only for osu! standart.
This sounds awesome! I would also really like it so that way if I spec a friend in the Bancho menu who is currently in a multiplayer lobby, it will bring me to the multiplayer spec version, so I can see how he is doing and what other players scores are, without having to ask them what place they got after they are done from my curiosity.
naiza
would be a great way to properly watch tourny's ingame!
Tanomoshii Nekojou
BUMP + A STAR!!! :3
spectating in #multiplayer must be added!!! ;w;
Button option for 'multiplayer spectate' must be shown from the lobby/list of multiplayer rooms...

right click multiplayer room > options: join // multiplayer spectate
wonjae
the tournament client already accomplishes this, but as most people dont have the client and its usually just given away for a limited amount of time for certain people, i can see this request being helpful.

I guess the problems for this would be maybe bancho not being to handle sending game info and developing it.

Another problem is people like me who dont use fullscreen and use a small window, having my screen divided upon maybe 4 people may be hard to look at or keep track of.
YukiPlays
+1 support from me this sounds funny would be great to see a real multi spectate
Trost
take all 50 of my stars
ReesanVaine
Sure. that would be cool