forum

[duplicate] [invalid] New Mod idea: "invisible"

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Haxwill
A new difficulty increaser mod that i've been thinking of, which i will call invisible (abbreviation IV).

What is it? How does it work?

The circle itself is turned completely invisible except for the number. The approach rings are still visible though.
it's basically the opposite of hidden. Hidden makes Approach rings invisible, and the circle visible (even though it fades to help timing), while this mod makes the circle invisible, along with the rim, and the approach rings visible.

on sliders, the circle becomes invisible but the rims of the slider are still visible

I think it should go for the same muiltiplier as hidden does- 1.06x

it looks like this (the triangles are from previous circle's scores)

Benefits of this mod

1.)our difficulty mods are mostly reliant on reaction, memory, speed, etc. This mod requires timing and memory, since you won't have the approach rings, you have to try to remember when to tap/click, then tapping it correctly.

2.)Hidden is really hard for FL, but is very easy for DT. meaning that someone who already has a DT fc could do it with hd in very few attempts, whereas someone with a FL fc-it would take tens to muiltiple hundreds of attempts (depending on the difficulty) for them to fc it with hidden. With this mod, Fl players can use invisible as an alternative for hidden, making flashlight a more useful mod, and encouraging more people to use flashlight.

3.)[mostly a run on of 2] because invisible would make the circles invisible, hidden won't be useful with invisible, so unless they(the DT players) spend a lot of time with it, it wont be enough to trump FL again.

4.)Like most mods in osu!, it may start out being difficult, but once you start playing it and getting used to it, it will become easy to use.

5.)Some players don't like to use hidden (myself included), they can choose to use invisible instead of hidden, since it is the same muiltiplier (unless it's changed from what i recommend). That includes when using no mods, dt, hr, fl, ez, ht, SO or whatever.

Pictures

TRY IT YOURSELF

My friend Sepia was nice enough to create a skin that portrays how invisible would basically act like Invisible [IV], you can download it here and play it yourself, i'd like to hear your feedback :)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/da08zzyyri6mn ... k.osk?dl=0
Topic Starter
Haxwill
Quick update on the skin-if you're going to use the skin.

message from sepia- in the skin folder you should have a text document you can open in notepad thats titled skin
open that and the row that says "HitCircleOverlap:" delete that whole row

thanks for taking the time to do that.
o x
Duplicate of this which was marked invalid. Try searching your request before posting so that we can reduce duplicates, thanks!
Topic Starter
Haxwill
not really, that person didn't really explain it. he didnt have pictures, example of gameplay or anything.

And he said everything except approach circles are invisible. in mine numbers, sliders, spinners, are still visible

Cawub wrote:

Duplicate of
this
which was marked invalid. Try searching your request before posting so that we can reduce duplicates, thanks!
o x
Just because the user never added screenshots of gameplay doesn't mean it isn't a duplicate. If you insist it isn't than it will be a duplicate of this one. If you watch the video it is the exact same thing as you are requesting except there are no numbers.
Topic Starter
Haxwill
Keeping the numbers and follow points in sure does make quite a difference doesn't it.
o x
I don't think it makes enough difference to not be marked as a duplicate. Even so your idea makes the mod easier than the one that people were saying already made it easy.
Topic Starter
Haxwill

Cawub wrote:

I don't think it makes enough difference to not be marked as a duplicate. Even so your idea makes the mod easier than the one that people were saying already made it easy.
Even so, i don't see any reason why this shouldn't be a mod, they could even make it work the way they did with fade in and hidden on mania.
Nathanael
Still the same gameplay.
Topic Starter
Haxwill
still don't see why "those ideas" were bad in the first place.
Caput Mortuum
I'm not against this, but
p/5574193