forum

Edgy 16 Y/O Makes First Forum Post (Hello!)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
eggy
Hey there! The name's TrueAegi and as the title suggests, I am 16 years of age and have played osu! for 3-4 months...kinda. I've had an osu account for a year but never really got into it until September of this year and to be honest, I didn't expect to still be playing this game up to this day. Despite the amount of setbacks I've had while playing (i.e skill walls, lack of motivation, me being an edgy nonce etc.), I still find a lot of enjoyment from playing osu and have made a couple friends through that experience.

I was first introduced to osu! from a Pewdiepie video (I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing, you be the judge) and safe to say, I found the gameplay exciting. It was unlike any other rhythm game I've seen at the time and so I created my account and dabbled into it for a few days. My first online map that I downloaded was a 4*. You can guess how that went down. But as time went by, I became somewhat better and fast forward to now and now I've reached a 1000pp recently (somebody get the party poppers!) and now just got my first 50pp Mania play. (which isn't that big of an achievement in hindsight but let me dream :P)

All in all, osu! has provided me with tons of entertainment and has helped me cope with IRL stuff that was wearing me down and no words can describe how much I enjoy and greatly appreciate osu. Thank you for reading and again, hello osu forums! Hope this wasn't too much to read lol. :P

Have a great day. :)

P.S: Still not that great at this game lol.
Caput Mortuum
Welcome, and congrats for getting the amount of pp I tried to reach in almost half a year :p
Jyn
Hi Aegi! As you may have noticed, there are many different sections of the forums:

Help is the place to go whenever you have an osu! related problem that needs fixing, or if you want to help others with their own issues.

Feature Requests Is the place to suggest features that you want to see implemented into the game, or the place to support other feature requests, but please note that this is a supporter-only feature!

Skinning is the place to discuss skins, and you can also view completed skin requests here.

Development, is where you can discuss projects to move osu! forwards.

Gameplay & Rankings is a place where you can discuss your scores, strategies, really anything about playing osu!.

The "Other" section on the osu!forums is a place to discuss or post things that are unrelated to osu!, (e.g. anime, manga, art), which are all individual topics.

There is also a "Beatmap" section on the osu!forums where you can view completed beatmaps, post your beatmaps and ask for help, or discuss/announce beatmap projects.

The Announcements section is a place where things like contest results and ranking charts are announced.

Welcome to the forums!
Topic Starter
eggy

Eraser wrote:

Welcome, and congrats for getting the amount of pp I tried to reach in almost half a year :p
Thanks! Granted, I still have a long ways to go before considering myself good at this game but hey, it's progress. :P

Jyn wrote:

Hi Aegi! As you may have noticed, there are many different sections of the forums:

Help is the place to go whenever you have an osu! related problem that needs fixing, or if you want to help others with their own issues.

Feature Requests Is the place to suggest features that you want to see implemented into the game, or the place to support other feature requests, but please note that this is a supporter-only feature!

Skinning is the place to discuss skins, and you can also view completed skin requests here.

Development, is where you can discuss projects to move osu! forwards.

Gameplay & Rankings is a place where you can discuss your scores, strategies, really anything about playing osu!.

The "Other" section on the osu!forums is a place to discuss or post things that are unrelated to osu!, (e.g. anime, manga, art), which are all individual topics.

There is also a "Beatmap" section on the osu!forums where you can view completed beatmaps, post your beatmaps and ask for help, or discuss/announce beatmap projects.

The Announcements section is a place where things like contest results and ranking charts are announced.

Welcome to the forums!
I appreciate the guide there, man. Should make navigating the forums a lot easier, thanks! :D