forum

2 skins in one? (osu!mania)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
picel
I'd like to know if there's any way I can use a skin for 4K and a different skin for 7K, but without needing to change skins everytime.
o x
Sorry but it's not possible! The way note skins work you aren't able to have separate note skins for separate keys.
Topic Starter
picel

Cawub wrote:

Sorry but it's not possible! The way note skins work you aren't able to have separate note skins for separate keys.
Oh :( Ok then, thanks anyway!
O2MasterFX

Cawub wrote:

Actually, it is possible. You can change mostly everything in mania skin now. Skin version must be 2.4+ in order to work

Look at the wiki page to learn more.
-yuo-
As O2 masterFX said it is possible, I did it with my voez skin. (The skin changes when playing 8k or higher)

It's all about the naming of the files and file pathing in the skin ini.

I'll come back later in an edit later for a detailed description, in the meantime check out the VOEZ skin (link in sig below) and see if you can figure out how it works. See you then!

Hi again, Here's how you do it.

Show Me!
Currently, your lane sprites are named so that they are automatically added to all keycounts. Using file pathing, you can adjust which sprite to refer to when in a specific key count.

FILE PATHING
Pathing is basically an adress to computer files. Pathing in the skin.ini for mania looks like this:

KeyImage0D: mania-keyb1D.png
KeyImage0: mania-keyb1.png
KeyImage1D: mania-keyb2D.png
KeyImage1: mania-keyb2.png
KeyImage2D: mania-keyb2D.png
KeyImage2: mania-keyb2.png
KeyImage3D: mania-keyb1D.png
KeyImage3: mania-keyb1.png

KeyImage4D: mania-keyb1D.png
KeyImage4: mania-keyb1.png
KeyImage5D: mania-keyb2D.png
KeyImage5: mania-keyb2.png
KeyImage6D: mania-keyb2D.png
KeyImage6: mania-keyb2.png
KeyImage7D: mania-keyb1D.png
KeyImage7: mania-keyb1.png

As you can see, I've set my key images to:

• mania-keyb1.png
    mania-keyb1D.png
    mania-keyb2.png
    mania-keyb2D.png
    mania-keybS.png
    mania-keybSD.png
1,2 and S represent which lane the key is for, and the D at the end of half of them represent the key image in the 'pressed' state.

Back to the code, I've specified these files to the actual keys in osu. e.g. lane 0 must be keyb1 and lane 0 must be keyb1D when pressed.
I've done the same with all the other lanes in this 8K setup.

FILE PATHING WITH FOLDERS
You can put all your key images for different key counts in folders too, to make things neater. But when you do, a more complicated file path must be used.

Instead of just specifying the name of the image you want to use, you must also specify where it is.

Here is how to do it.
KeyImage0: NewFolder/mania-keyb1

The above code tells osu to look inside the "NewFolder" folder and then use the "mania-keyb1" image inside it.

If folders inside folders are used, simply add more "/"s.
KeyImage0: NewFolder/FolderInsideFolder/mania-keyb1

CODE NAMES
For a list of what controls what
e.g: "KeyImage1:" specifies the image used for the Key of lane 2

see the detailed sheets in this forum here t/186787.
(its under the skin.ini tab at the bottom of the window if you haven't used google docs)

SIMPLIFIED
1: Grab your skin you want to use for a certain key count
2: Put them into the skin you want to modify. Either rename them to something unique or put them into a folder inside this skin.
3: Modify the skin.ini accordingly using the pathing methods above. Make sure you type under the correct keycount. (look for "Mania Keys: 7")

I hope you succeed :P
cpli
if you require a skin that does exactly that i can even give you a few with a stepmania like skin for 4k and the yugen or SKINWITHOUTNAME skin for everything else
-yuo-
i edited the previous post.

This comment was to notify the thread owner by email