Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Larto

Lanttu wrote:

EvianBubble wrote:

Theme = WTF
lol agreed.

I actually sent my song choice already but then I started to think again... Umm, the songs didn't have to be from osu, did they? ;_;
Of course not.
Jarby

EvianBubble wrote:

Theme = WTF D<
Might have to do some searching for this LOL :P
rust45
Man, I have the perfect song for this theme. Oh well, good luck to the rest of the contestants.
Ekaru

Jarby wrote:

EvianBubble wrote:

Theme = WTF D<
Might have to do some searching for this LOL :P
This, this, and this. Unless you thought that the theme meant that you had to find a song from 1010 or earlier, but that would just be ridiculous.

Just sing something from The Beatles or Queen if you really can't find anything.
Powerdrone
Double post what
heintsi
Go Go Lanttu! :D Really good singing and clear pronouncing of japanese.
Also good luck to everyone else participating this :)
EvianBubble
Lol you guys, what I meant was "most of the music I listen to is publisehd 20xx, and I don't know that many songs from 19xx" ... I guess my post was kind of vague but I have no idea how you interpreted it XD
Anyway I found some good songs but my voice range is so small lol D;
Sleep Powder
EDIT: oh nvm...I got it

Before 2000 right?

I'm pretty satisfied with my score...even though I almost got eliminated.
I was really inconsistent with my singing. My consistency was the biggest issue that there was.
I thought I had a decent voice and performed decently. Next time I'll probably do better since now
I have more time to practice and perform smoother than my last.
Nekoroll
My two cents:

I find it strange that so many people's results have such strikingly polar opposite ratings from the judges. To be frank, I think there needs to be more strict guidelines on what to look for in a person's singing that defines it as unacceptable, awful, bad, okay, good, and flawless (in respects to rankings of 0-2-4-6-8-10). I don't think I would give anyone a 10 unless they were absolutely great and you have no flaws to point out. I find it even more strange to give multiple people rankings of 10. Are you saying that you wouldn't say that a certain 10-ranked singer sang their entry better or worse than another 10-ranker?

All in all, I agree most with Ephemeral's ratings (not to single you out or anything, Eph). I find that they adhere best to the guidelines with no bias involved or anything else that might affect a score.
Sleep Powder
@ Nekoroll

I agree with Ephemeral's ratings too. They felt like the most trustworthy of scores. Most of the scores (not just 10's) made it seem like everyone else wasn't taking the scoring very seriously. 10's should rarely be given unless it really was a flawless performance.

why was I here again...oh yea~

Ekaru's singing reminds me sooo much of Barney and Friends lol
Nekoroll
The quantity of each rank given by each judge:

I sort of see a problem with this.
Sweagen
WOO the results are up! This is awesome! I got in! :)

And the theme is pretty easy to find a song for too... :D

@ Nekoroll: Yes, I think there's way too much variety from the panel and there need to be clearer parameters for the grades...

I mean I got a 3 ... I don't think I was that bad, and I think animask should have been higher and a few other people too (I can give examples when I finish listening to these lol) :(

Edit: Ahhh I've listened to at least half of them and the judges are EVERYWHERE. It's like there's 1 or 2 judges on each person who voted completely differently...

In later rounds of Osu idol they usually provide commentary so we can see why they voted why they did, right? Because right now there's a lot of mixed reactions... :lol:
KoromoAmae
The judges are wildly varied, but we don't know if any of them actually know anything about music or not, so it's hard to judge their judgments.
Nekoroll
Voting for Mogsworth to be a judge. :V lol
Sleep Powder

Nekoroll wrote:

Voting for Mogsworth to be a judge. :V lol
He could be like Simon from American Idol~
Jarby
I thought ranking them from best to worst on a per judge basis was a better idea. Oh well.
Lizzehb
Mogsy SHOULD be a judge because he actually knows music stuff.
ztrot
herp done derp
Curisu
lol@Theme :lol:
NoHitter
Wow music before 2000.
heintsi
I'd know many songs to sing before 2000's cause it's music I listen to lot, but I'm not singing cause I can't hit high notes at all anymore so I leave it to you who can do it.
I thought of suggesting some songs to sing to help people choosing their songs, but I guess we aren't allowed to suggest songs to contestants so I'm not doing it.
So what I'm gonna do now is to repeat myself and wish you guys good luck once again :D
KoromoAmae
I agree that the "mario kart grand-prix" style grading of season 1 was better than this iteration.

If this turns into a series of competitions after this one (which I hope it does), I think a screening for the judges needs to be required. Ask them what their music background is, how knowledgeable they are, and so forth. The competition should be open to anyone, but judging should be left to those who have a definite understanding of music performance.

I'm not questioning the current judges yet, since we've only done one round, just stating my opinion that if this continues into subsequent seasons, we need to have qualified people doing the judging.
Powerdrone

KoromoAmae wrote:

I agree that the "mario kart grand-prix" style grading of season 1 was better than this iteration.
KoromoAmae
Oh by the way, Powerdrone, you were the most surprisingly good entry in round one. I'm curious as to your singing background, so please enlighten us. I'd rate you as a final round competitor at this point, solely based off the preliminaries.
Powerdrone

KoromoAmae wrote:

Oh by the way, Powerdrone, you were the most surprisingly good entry in round one. I'm curious as to your singing background, so please enlighten us. I'd rate you as a final round competitor at this point, solely based off the preliminaries.
Oh wow, really? I'm hardly good at all, honest xD

My life story...
I've loved singing ever since I was little, but I've never gotten any lessons. I always auditioned for the school musicals in elementary, I remember singing "Copacabana" for one of them haha. I never got any big parts though. I continued with performing arts in grade 7 and 8, landing a role with a solo in the grade 8 musical "Honk! jr." It was so much fun! I did choral in grade 9, and I loved the class, but I felt like my singing really wasn't very good at that point. I had auditioned for the musical, and there were only a few other guys that did too, and I got this tiny useless part with barely any lines. I know I really shouldn't have felt bad, but I did...

Anyways, in Grade 10 I dropped choral because it became Triple Threat. I can't dance for my life, and it was a full year course, so I decided against it. I started taking drama and I love it so much. I had the highest mark in drama last year <3 But yeah, I always thought my singing wasn't good enough because I never got any large roles in the musicals. I guess I assumed it was my singing because I got the lead for drama last year.

Sorry that was so long.

tl;dr My only background in singing is my performing arts classes in school. I can't play any instruments.
Sleep Powder
I agree with KoromoAmae, Powerdrone is very excellent at singing and a possible final round competitor.

I know I'm not very good at singing. I've noticed that I lack control in my singing. Pronunciation and notes are
messy and all over the place. If I manage to control my singing more I might have a chance too...maybe.

(Also, I finally found my song~ I won't say what it is...but just know I'm preparing to practice the song a bit first)
eee
I think the theme is AWESOME!!!
you guys better deliver!
Sweagen
I think I have my song... :)

Now to sing it over and over until it's good...
EvianBubble
Whenever I sing I sound so LG ... OTL
Phyrearms
LG = Lawful Good? :)
EvianBubble

Phyrearms wrote:

LG = Lawful Good? :)
LG = Little Girl orz
Lanttu
Urmmmm, just wondering, is it possible to change the song I chose to sing? No, I still haven't recorded anything but I sent the PM about the song some time ago. ;_;
Topic Starter
Larto
Of course.
Natteke
I support Garven-United.
Powerdrone
I support me and my terrible singing.
Cheery
Wow aren't I late. :(
Krisom
I'll step back, sorry.

Main reason is that my microphone is not working properly and (by example) everytime I hold a note it seems that my voice fades away when I'm actually trying to sing louder. Well, that and much more microphone shit. I tried to get another one but failed, so yeah, sorry.
Haneii
;~;
Sleep Powder
I wish I had more free time to practice more...I just went with a decent recording which I saved in case I couldn't practice enough of what I originally planned.
Garven
Well, we've got our five eliminated. Next round~ :/
show more