forum

Cage World Cup

posted
Total Posts
show more
Sn0wball Ninja

Updates

All Players PP ranks have been updated and are now final for the duration of the tournament

The following Players have changed their Division Ranking due to their updated PP Rank:

Jeff_21 from Fourth Division to Third Division

Stedoss from Fourth Division to Third Division

Ketsu from Fourth Division to Third Division

xViviD from Third Division to Second Division

Ashina Izu from Second Division to Ultimate Division

StreaminDemon Second Division to Ultimate Division

All of the above players will receive a message in their inbox to ensure they are notified of the new changes.
Topic Starter
LukeCage
GOOD DAY,

PLEASE IGNORE ALL PREVIOUS TIME SHCEDULES
PLEASE FOLLOW THE BELOW ONLY

OPEN DIVISION CHAMPIONSHIP TIME SCHEDULE

ROUND 1 :
DATE:9th DECEMBER 2016
CAT:10:00pm
CST:2:00pm

ROUND 2:
DATE:10th DECEMBER 2016
CAT:10:00PM
CST:2:00PM

FINAL ROUND:
DATE:11th DECEMBER 2016

OTHER DIVISIONS TO FOLLOW WITH TIMES SOONEST
Lick
What are the FreeMod rules? Are we forced to pick a certain amount of mods, and which ones are allowed?
Topic Starter
LukeCage
Free mod is basically each individual can choose there mods to there liking. It can either give an advantage or seriously cripple there chances
Lick

LukeCage wrote:

Free mod is basically each individual can choose there mods to there liking. It can either give an advantage or seriously cripple there chances
but in scorev2, max score is 1m at all times, right? what difference does a mod do?
Topic Starter
LukeCage
Good Day,

Free Mod is simple. Once the map is chosen the majority that chose the mods will make all members play those mods
ZeroxPlaysOsu
So like are we all playing at the same time? If we play at 3pm est, does everybody else also play at the same time. Is there a specific lobby to be in? Is there a ref that needs to be there for us to start playing?
lolol234
please sign me up!
Sn0wball Ninja

mus1cholic wrote:

please sign me up!
Unfortunately, as stated above, registration is now closed and we cannot accept any further entries.

We look forward to having you next time though! :)

Apologies, rules are rules.

Click Hard!
something
Can I still join?
:D
Bartek22830

welweirdman wrote:

Can I still join?
nope
Topic Starter
LukeCage
Good Day,

It has come to CWC Staff attention that many players believe that they are better than there Division. Please COntact Lukecage By asking on this forum for a Trial map so that you can be moved up to a higher Division. This is finalized by Tomorrow at 7pm CAT
Decolan
I would like to move up a division
Topic Starter
LukeCage

Decolan wrote:

I would like to move up a division
Decolan ,

Thanks for your Query

We have given you maps to show your skill and you have proved that you are indeed required to go up one Division.

Good Luck in Fourth Division
Sn0wball Ninja

welweirdman wrote:

Can I still join?
Regrettably, registration has already closed for this tournament.

However, please feel free to join our future tournaments.

We look forward to having you join next time!
Topic Starter
LukeCage

LukeCage wrote:

Good Day,

It has come to CWC Staff attention that many players believe that they are better than there Division. Please COntact Lukecage By asking on this forum for a Trial map so that you can be moved up to a higher Division. This is finalized by Tomorrow at 7pm CAT

Players moved up so far

Decolan from OPEN TO FOURTH
-Stoney
i do realize that the mappool for the ultimate division is not final nor complete yet
but i just want to point out here that the currently only map in the nomod pool "DragonForce - Soldiers of the Wasteland"
is an incredibly difficult map and already hard enough to just get a pass on it.

please consider picking less stamina/stream heavy maps for the pool.

just a little feedback from my side ;)
Topic Starter
LukeCage

-Stoney wrote:

i do realize that the mappool for the ultimate division is not final nor complete yet
but i just want to point out here that the currently only map in the nomod pool "DragonForce - Soldiers of the Wasteland"
is an incredibly difficult map and already hard enough to just get a pass on it.

Good Day,

We take your request into concideration.

We have 7 Map testers which most are less than 1000pp and are able to pass this said map with S rank. We however were already looking to change this said requested map.

Thanks for your feedback
mulraf
how will you decide which maps we are actually playing from the map pool?
like in the osu world cup there are bans and picks for everyone but i guess with that many people that won't work too well, so how are you gonna do that :?

p.s.: in the third division a map link is wrong. the same link is in there for 2 different maps :x i think it was moonlight cookie or somethin
-Stoney

LukeCage wrote:

-Stoney wrote:

Good Day,

We take your request into concideration.

We have 7 Map testers which most are less than 1000pp and are able to pass this said map with S rank. We however were already looking to change this said requested map.

Thanks for your feedback
i highly doubt that any person with only 1000pp is able to remotely get close to even pass half of the map unless its someone who plays offline and doesnt give a damn about pp. its a 7 star, 10 minutes, 200 bpm stream map with lots of deathstreams. you are either trolling or thinking of a whole different map.

Edit: I just checked the mappool again and it seems to be complete now. the dragonforce map got replaced so there is no issue anymore :D
Sn0wball Ninja
OPEN DIVISION STARTS TODAY

Don't forget to play all your matches within the given time frame.

Good Luck to all!
Topic Starter
LukeCage

LukeCage wrote:

GOOD DAY,

PLEASE IGNORE ALL PREVIOUS TIME SHCEDULES
PLEASE FOLLOW THE BELOW ONLY

OPEN DIVISION CHAMPIONSHIP TIME SCHEDULE

ROUND 1 :
DATE:9th DECEMBER 2016
CAT:10:00pm
CST:2:00pm

ROUND 2:
DATE:10th DECEMBER 2016

FINAL ROUND:
DATE:11th DECEMBER 2016

OTHER DIVISIONS TO FOLLOW WITH TIMES SOONEST
Hi all

Please make sure if you are in open division to please add Lukecage and Jeff_21 as a friend and inform them you are making it. YOu can also confirm your time to the staffs time for starting as to make sure you are not late.
Topic Starter
LukeCage
45Minutes notice for OPEN DIVISION
Sn0wball Ninja

Updates

CwC 2016 Open Division Day 1 Results:

Eliminations:

lethal_osu <---- Eliminated due to No Show
Doritos5591 <---- Eliminated due to No Show
[ Megamii ] <---- Eliminated due to Lowest Score on Day 1

Current Standings:

Fazbunetto 1st Place
ZeroxPlaysOsu 2nd Place
MC01 3rd Place
iocuz 4th Place

Congratulations to all participants!

We look forward to tomorrow!
Topic Starter
LukeCage
Good day all,

Competition has been postponed till the new year January will have the first fourth division games played then third then second then ultimate. I have unfortunately been involved in a series of robberies thus making the last one a physically damaging one. Please forgive this move. All open division players will be judged tonight on final round as apprised to Sunday. Good luck jeff_21will be referee for the night
Propower_old
i'll join :)
Chordsy
I'm in

Alaeck
Rank 45k
Perando
can i join ? sign me up if i can join!
llSkyBluell
I Want to Join!!!
Sn0wball Ninja

Updates

Open Division Finals Results:

1st Place: Fazbunetto 9 832 556 Total Score
2nd Place: iocuz 8 766 539 Total Score
3rd Place: ZeroxPlaysOsu 8 766 012 Total Score
4th Place: MC01 8 751 015 Total Score

To all those still requesting to sign up, unfortunately registration still remains closed for this tournament.
Please feel free to sign up next time however, we are very excited to have you!
Topic Starter
LukeCage
MrBaurpro has passed trial from fourth to third. I am currently online for the day if you feel you want to trial for a higher division
ZeroxPlaysOsu
When is the next instance of the tournament gonna be? And when will the winners receive their prizes?
Topic Starter
LukeCage
Prizes will be handed out for open division tonight
MC01_old
Did I get kicked out from tournament because of 4th place? I'm asking, because I'm not sure, will I ever play it.
Sn0wball Ninja

Updates

Division Ranking Updates:

MrBaurpro from Fourth Division to Third Division

If you wish to try and rank up from your current Division, please contact a member of Staff
pavelbere
Hi, i want join
ZeroxPlaysOsu
Hey, it's been like 2 days since the winners have been announced for the open division and we still haven't received our supporter rank. What's happening?
Topic Starter
LukeCage
Zeroxplaysosu please let our accounting department do it in there time.

Technically we have till the end of the tournament to produce prizes. Like on many other competitions a prize giving as you could say

Thanks for your patience. Open division is one part of this cup and currently you seem to have the only issue.
Seeing as you decided not to message me personally I'll have to answer this here publicly.
Akisame-
Start Date : 16th DECEMBER 2017, 8pm CAT ;
16th DECEMBER 2017, may be 2016? Fix it pls
-Miruru-
Wonna go!
Sign me in tournament please!
Deda_Petya
I wanna join too!
Xa1ner
Sign me up) :oops:
Terton
I would like to join in the fourth division
Nikjee
Sign me up,please.
Chokeriox
Sign me up, please.
Zazalalka228
Sign me up, please.
Third Division
koteyka20
it is possible for the tournament. sign me up as Third Division
ImNuclear
Sign me up!
Topic Starter
LukeCage
OPEN DIVISION IS COMPLETED

NO MORE SIGN UPS IT HAS CLOSED ALREADY
Topic Starter
LukeCage
General Information
OPEN DIVISION

Start Date : 4th DECEMBER 2016, 8pm CAT
End Date:12th DECEMBER 2016 00:00

FOURTH TO SECOND DIVISION

Start Date : 16th February 2017, 8pm CAT
End Date:29th February 2017 00:00

ULTIMATE DIVISION

Start Date : 2nd March 2017, 8pm CAT
End Date:TBC

Tournament Type : Standard
Cowbrowncow
I have 4,060pp, I'd like to sign up for the 2nd Division :D
Topic Starter
LukeCage

Cowbrowncow wrote:

I have 4,060pp, I'd like to sign up for the 2nd Division :D

Not sure if you are reading the posts we have been making several times
Scarlet Evans
I would like to sing up to 4-th division :)
1,857pp (#78,794)
https://osu.ppy.sh/u/4745779
- Ruby -
1002pp osu standard player sign me up for fourth division please :)
poppasanas
I would like to sign up in this tournament in fourth division #86281 1726pp
Enns
I want join :)
zz-e

LukeCage wrote:

People have trouble reading. That skill is even harder than DT.
ALFAPomidor
Want to join if possible(third division)
Scarlet Evans

LukeCage wrote:

Be on 30min before the match, and add your enemy to your friends list
There are no maximum Players
Disqualifications may happen if you are 10 minutes late
Does it mean being 10 minutes late for the match or 10 minutes late for appearing 30 minutes before the match?
I mean, if someone was to appear 15 minutes before the match (which is 15 minutes late in regards of having to be 30 minutes before the match), would that person be disqualified?
Scarlet Evans

zz-e wrote:

LukeCage wrote:

People have trouble reading. That skill is even harder than DT.
But why would he completely close registration for a tournament that is going to start in like 2-3 months, while he clearly stated that there must be at least 10 people per division and there's only 9 people in 4-th division right now? Isn't this a little to fast, to close registration few months before the actual tournament starting, with barely (or even not) hitting the requirements? Also, some of these people can even stop playing till that time...
Aeo
Second division still available?
Topic Starter
LukeCage

zz-e wrote:

People have trouble reading. That skill is even harder than DT

But why would he completely close registration for a tournament that is going to start in like 2-3 months, while he clearly stated that there must be at least 10 people per division and there's only 9 people in 4-th division right now? Isn't this a little to fast, to close registration few months before the actual tournament starting, with barely (or even not) hitting the requirements? Also, some of these people can even stop playing till that time...
Good Morning,

THe Registration Phase has ended. We cannot open it up again. Please wait for the next tournament.

TOURNAMENT REGISTRATION PERIOD HAS ENDED.
My Angel Tohka
I want to join in the Third Division , if it possible
My Angel Tohka
:<

LukeCage wrote:

zz-e wrote:

Good Morning,

THe Registration Phase has ended. We cannot open it up again. Please wait for the next tournament.

Sn0wball Ninja

Updates

An Introduction Video to the Cage World Championships:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1m6Vx2fiNs

Enjoy :)
zz-e

Scarlet Evans wrote:

I agree with you, but that is the decision made by the staff.

LukeCage wrote:

zz-e wrote:

Good Morning,

Now you make it sounds like I said all that :( I was on your side..
Scarlet Evans
So there are indeed only 9 players in 4-th division, which means no rewards for them at all, as it's below 10 people? Good way to motivate them and stir up competition >_<

Well, I wish everyone fun and good luck! I will try to keep an eye on this subforum more often, maybe next time I will make it on time *_*
Akisame-
how can i get into 2nd division from 3rd?
Sn0wball Ninja

OshinoShinobu wrote:

how can i get into 2nd division from 3rd?
Contact LukeCage and ask him if you can play our Trial Maps for this Division.
Should you pass with high enough scores, you will advance, regardless of your current PP Ranking.

Good Luck!
Topic Starter
LukeCage
Absolutely correct those with less Than ten players will not be rewarded and the prizes carried over to the next competition. We decided to let those who did register in time play for the badges and have a champion to hold there crown for the next tournament. After all the prizes are bonuses it's the victory that counts
Dragontail

LukeCage wrote:

Absolutely correct those with less Than ten players will not be rewarded and the prizes carried over to the next competition. We decided to let those who did register in time play for the badges and have a champion to hold there crown for the next tournament. After all the prizes are bonuses it's the victory that counts

Can I do trial maps, 4th division is too easy
Sn0wball Ninja

Quadtail wrote:

LukeCage wrote:

Can I do trial maps, 4th division is too easy
For best results, kindly message LukeCage directly to set up a Trial Map session
Scarlet Evans

LukeCage wrote:

So first, as rewards are optional and just being bonuses, in one of posts on first page you brag about how CWC tournaments have prize pools like $3500, $900, $1500 etc., then you don't even care for one of divisions to at least have the very cheap month or two of supporter ($4/$8) to make the players feel really rewarded for winning their matches, but quite opposite, make them feel discriminated for lacking a player of two, as one was pulled out and the other one advanced to next division in time?

Well... you definitely have a right to do this, as an organizer, but I mentioned this before and just now again, as I don't think it really feels right to do so. More like a greedy move to either save few USD out of these thousands you are mentioning above or you just don't really care too much about (lower rank-(?)) players and their spirit.

Good that I didn't made it in time to participate, things like this often tilts me >_<
Topic Starter
LukeCage
Scarlet Evans We probably will gift the players a prize anyway for first second and third.

Bringing this to our attention was great. Thanks and we will most likely still give the prizes for fourth division. Open division prizes have already been given

So we have never thought any less of the lower bracket players. some of our systems in place are on testing setup and with bringing a problem to light we are able to fix it. All division will be paid out as promised. Thanks
Scarlet Evans
Thank you! I am really glad to hear this ♥ Good luck with everything!
Topic Starter
LukeCage
Seems someone hacking and destroying the map packs for the tournament is a good idea.

Unlucky for them It will be taken further. IP address logs work wonders for people who believe they are better than.

Members of the public if you have a list with the maps as they where for your division we urge you to assist us quickly so we can get it back to normal.

osu! Staff will be informed of the outcome.

CWC Staff apologizes for this and will rectify it as soon as possible
Saltystick

LukeCage wrote:

Seems someone hacking and destroying the map packs for the tournament is a good idea.

Unlucky for them It will be taken further. IP address logs work wonders for people who believe they are better than.

Members of the public if you have a list with the maps as they where for your division we urge you to assist us quickly so we can get it back to normal.

osu! Staff will be informed of the outcome.

CWC Staff apologizes for this and will rectify it as soon as possible
I think to stop this from happening again you should change the doc setting to view only, and give powers to the map selectors and CWC staff
Scarlet Evans
I don't know what happened and if it's already fixed, but as you use google docs, you can go into
File --> See revision history
and be able to see history of changes http://puu.sh/t0Z6I/09aba2408a.png

Hope it works, I don't really use google spreadsheets so I don't fully know how they works.
Topic Starter
LukeCage
Only map selectors had rights and staff

Seems one guy whic we know who it is decided to be a tool
mulraf
you still need the maps :?
i have them all in a collection for the third division. not 100% suree which were combined with which mods though

nomod:
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/756752
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/832841 (cwc staff favorite thingy)
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/1102400 (double points awarded)
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/866256
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/903567

doubletime:
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/163398
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/655683
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/724675

hidden:
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/674080
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/893468
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/554519 (not 1000% sure, might've been freemod, but 99% sure)

hardrock:
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/1104741
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/915068
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/323875

freemod:
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/250577

not sure anymore:
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/757505 (hidden or freemod?)
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/872657 (hidden or freemod?)
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/830360 (hidden or freemod?)
Topic Starter
LukeCage
Good Day,

Due to multiple people pulling out we cannot set a new date with the people left. For now tournament is suspended till March 25th a new forum will be opened up for this and structure will be changed
Lick

LukeCage wrote:

Good Day,

Due to multiple people pulling out we cannot set a new date with the people left. For now tournament is suspended till March 25th a new forum will be opened up for this and structure will be changed
Because of this i will also leave. Remove me from the list please.