forum

Need help timing beatmaps

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
okay lol
I've been getting into beat-mapping recently, and although I have some pretty awesome songs to work with, I've kind of hit a barrier that approaches with every song I try to map... I can't time songs... EVER :?
The song I'm currently trying to map is Vybloom - Another World, and I gotta say, making a beatmap on 1/16 gets frustrating REALLY quickly. >:(
Now obviously I've tried to learn to time, and I've read the wiki section on it like a hundred times, but still it seems I'm unable to time this song properly. If anyone happened to have some all-inclusive advice on timing songs (or could time it for me) that would be absolutely amazing :D
This is a link to download the song in case there's anyone who wouldn't mind timing it for me... https://soundcloud.com/sirchillicious/vybloom-another-world
Xinnoh
You can find the timing and offset help forum here. You could also ask in #modhelp chat from in game.
Upload the beatmap using File -> Upload Beatmap in the editor so that people can download the map from your profile, almost no one is going to download the mp3 of the song to do it.
If you want some advice on how to time, there is an incredible amount of resources online to help you. Here is the Osu! Academy's video.

Hopefully this helps.
Mun
Someone lock this, it's definitely in the wrong place. Sinnoh said all that needed to be said.