forum

At what time would you consider leaving osu!

posted
Total Posts
show more
Caput Mortuum
when i'm bored, irl problems, blabla.. a few months ago I left this game for a whole month :>
but then I got back here anyways
InabaYap
This is a game.
As a player who plays for the sake of playing, I quit when I want to, and come back when I want to.

If you are a mapper though, you are creating (game) content, for free, the noblest form of art. This of course comes with all the implications and that is where "community" comes in. You would become invested and attached and this is where it becomes psychologically similar to drastical changes in life like quitting a career. The same applies when you play competitively (however silly that sounds) where the talents, effort, interest and all that jazz you slap on every aspect of life get argued about.

Deal with it. Don't hesitate to seek help (talk to a confidant or if serious enough, professionals etc) in dealing with it.

Like many things, gaming might be a huge part of our lives but ultimately it's as big as what we make it to be.
ithgyu
when im good, and satisfied with the level that I am at, until then I will always be playing to improve.
Runiel
When i don't enjoy game anymore
winber1
can't leave

the waifus are calling
-Makishima S-

Cannot leave, there is always space for improvement.
Deadpulse
If peppy closed osu forever, that's my time to leave XD

Or you know... if i die...
DeathHydra
After I beat Cookiezi
Edgar_Figaro
I honestly don't have a clear cut answer to this question. I still from time to time go back and play old games that I played as a child for the nostalgia trip. I imagine there will be a time when I am no longer active in the community/playing but as far as flat out quit? Probably when I can no longer come back for nostalgia as the game servers are gone.

Also for all the people that say they will quit when life interferes. Granted I may play less due to things. I play alot less games now that I am an adult and working full-time than I did when I was a kid. If I get married and have kids I'll probably play less still. But gaming is a hobby that I enjoy and I hope that my life never becomes so busy that I can't make time for a hobby.
WingSilent
Eventually, I'll leave the game if i have something more interessing to do than mapping everyday.
But this is not occuring my mind right now. \o/
Endaris
When everyone else moved on and I don't feel like being part of the community anymore.
I never really quit a game that has a lot of community interaction so far, multiple were discontinued though. Even if the game was ruined by developers I would still stick with the community for a long time without playing any longer.
I don't see osu! being taken down anytime soon - especially not with peppy's plans to make a part of osu! open source and introduce a bountysystem for it - and while I've already lost touch with some people I got to know when I joined there are still new relationships growing that I enjoy.
Looking at it, I'll probably be here forever even though taking (long) breaks has always been an option for me on any game.
KupcaH
One week ago
Gigo
I think I won't have to "consider" leaving osu!, it will just happen naturally at some point. I mean, there are some games which I like very much, but there were times when I looked at the shortcut on my desktop and thought "Wow, I can't believe it, but I haven't played that game in almost a year!? After all, this was one of my favorite games, but I just sort of... forgot about it! What the hell happened?!?"

Perhaps something similar will happen with osu as well.
Yuudachi-kun
Everything ranked now sucks so Im just playing Sm converts in 4k

Haven't played std in 5.5 months
o x
Once I feel like I gave back to the community enough and helped out as much as possible, then I will consider leaving osu!

Safe to say I will stick around for much longer
BikerBoy1225
I have never played a gave for as long or with as much dedication as I have Osu! I am just waiting to see where this road takes me. (so not any time in the foreseeable future)

2023 update, went back to csgo for a couple years, back lol
I Give Up
When game is no fun any more.
Xyrus_old_1

KukiMonster wrote:

When game is no fun any more.
KtkC
I thought I'd play Dota, CS, Starcraft, Smash bros, forever, at the time

I play none of those now, they just fade out of your routine and it's not necessarily predictable.

Comes with discovering things in life, yknow?
Rurree
I never stress about stuff like that because I always play whenever I feel like it. Never really called it quitting, more of an hiatus. So yeah, I'll probably never quit, will just have moments where in I wouldn't play it for a long time, since forever is quite a long time.
pandaBee
When peppy took my fingers away.
Sayorie
When I'm dead. Which is soon.
Pituophis
When I get a life, so never.
N0thingSpecial

Pituophis wrote:

YawaH
when vr comes in and take over our screens, mouses, & tablets
Worm_old_1
when theres no more circles for me to click
LoliPantsu
if i get a girlfriend
im here forever
JSE
When I get 10,000pp.

In other words, never. :P
I Give Up
winber1
the pros of giving up: no school, no homework, no work, no academic stress, on your computer all day, can eat hot pockets

idk sounds pretty good
Ronja
never

ToRMeNToR_84
I quit a long long time ago when I got tendonitis. I also lost interest when Tablets became very popular. I was a mouse player and thought most new maps were impossible to play for my style. I miss it a lot though.
Mints
When I get bored of it and Noone to chat with ingame anymore
Spirit_Dreamer

slandotski wrote:

when vr comes in and take over our screens, mouses, & tablets
Actualy that will be moment of "leveling up" osu! Imagine the potencial of moving the cursor and click-ing with just your mind.You won't be physicaly restricted anymore.You will be as fast and precise as your mind actualy is!
Also the opportunity of having new functions in VR.May be going to 3D to make it more complicated and fun (ahhh 3D sliders lol xD )
Grassgrow
as long as it stays fun for me, why would there be any other reason :P
Cindelina
when i get a boyfriend (aka never)
Meah
soon
Kasumi-sama
We're all here forever anyway.
DeletedUser_2188855

N0thingSpecial wrote:

Pituophis wrote: