forum

Ni-Sokkususu - Shukusai no Elementalia

posted
Total Posts
show more
Deterioration
Kneesocks difficulty is extremely overmapped and makes no objective sense (Pretty much one of the ranking criteria for >2014).
Same for the Extra difficulty. And the Insane (Should be extra (With a few tweaks)).
Estonian Bear
Anyone got link to pre-mod-revival old Kneesocks? It felt a little better and more fun.
xxdeathx
Estonian Bear

xxdeathx wrote:

http://puu.sh/nz2A1/1f207d64e8.zip
Thank you, kind sir. :)
_DT3
So, is this map still a thing or is it dead?
AbsurdDive
oh my god please get it ranked!!!

i tried it back when this was just a couple of seconds long and i loved it

i need this map :)
DodgeOh
Great job so far! I'd love to see this map ranked, and with a finished hard difficulty, as Insane is a bit too much for now.
Poruteri
元に戻せカス
Topic Starter
ryza
mod

fappy30 wrote:

thx for the mod bby
[Kneesocks]
I was actually surprised how well this played, aside from the last 15 seconds because I couldn't play it at all. Did you make the ending harder?
I can maybe mod this again once I'm less terrible.
  1. 01:56:571 (3) - I wouldn't make this a 1/4 slider. It goes into the silence there and it plays really awkwardly. I actually tend to agree but I also like the pattern and don't really like the alternatives. No change unless I or someone else can come up with a better alternative.
  2. 02:54:997 (5,1) - This played weirdly to me, but changing it is difficult because if you increased the spacing it could get mistaken for a 1/2. Maybe make 2:54:997 (5) a 1/2 slider that goes up and move 02:55:350 (1) down more? I like emphasizing the break in the vocal here. It adds some variance to the rhythms used in the map
  3. 03:05:232 (1) - I would move this much farther away from 03:05:056 (3). Maybe somewhere on the right of the screen. You're making people run all over the screen before and after that part, so having a stop in the middle of it is weird. all of these last 3 were fixed when I remapped the ending
  4. 03:12:821 (3,4,5,6,1) - Holy shit
  5. 03:13:173 (1,2) - I'd make these 1/4 sliders so you continue to go with the violin. You could even make these stacked 1/4s and lower the distance a little on 3 if you wanted, because of how insane 03:12:821 (3,4,5,6,1) is.

In other news, I finally figured out how I want to map the ending of Kneesocks so I'm resurrecting this (again). Hopefully this time I can take it all the way ;o
DeletedUser_4329079
nice
_DT3
Yay for revive :)
moP
Glad your continuing you map :D
samotoda
I feel like the ending is kind of meh, there is not really any special characteristics like the old one: noticeably the spaced heart stream which makes people go: dang. That's the only thing I don't like about it.
Topic Starter
ryza

samotoda wrote:

I feel like the ending is kind of meh, there is not really any special characteristics like the old one: noticeably the spaced heart stream which makes people go: dang. That's the only thing I don't like about it.
spaced heart stream is cute but I couldn't really find a way to implement it properly without breaking flow. maybe i'll try to find a way to add it in but was the really a defining characteristic of the map?
Aeril
03:05:762 (4,5,6,7) - plays so weirdly and hard to hit >-< otherwise this is a much better ending imo (mostly just the really odd way it changes direction makes it hard to hit with the instant change to the other direction on 03:05:850 (5) - )
Frc
And the ending is worse every time this map is updated
Marawishka
S P A C I N G 2 S T R O N G A T T H E E N D

Anyways this is one of the funniest maps I ever played, it is a challenge for my skills :D I hope it gets ranked someday.
AltMirrorBell
when :(
YayaBunWa
Aye, why ain't this being ranked? Such a sick map, I fricking love it D:

Rank bancho plz
Kazuha91

YayaBunWa wrote:

Aye, why ain't this being ranked? Such a sick map, I fricking love it D:

Rank bancho plz
cause it's just fun to play, but still (after years) isn't mapped in a rankable way; and by that i don't mean spacing and technical stuff only, cause it has a pretty ugly pattern too xd (the [kneesocks] and extra diffs).
COME ON SON, YOU CAN DO ET! and remember, it's not 2014 anymore :P
xxdeathx
Thanks for adding the 2014 Kneesocks diff back.

Can't wait for this set to have a scoreboard.
RLC
maybe i should kill some of the 1/4 circle jumps in my diff so it's easier to dt
Synchrostar
2014 KNEESOCKS BABY
thanks
Parshey

_derp wrote:

Kneesocks is love, Kneesocks is life
Estonian Bear
Does anyone have the old version? I lost it again T_T