forum

spectate mapping

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +4
Topic Starter
Deppyforce
hi xd
you can spectate people playing, but it doesnt work when you spectate beatmap editing people so i came up with this idea of ''spectate mapping'' because
- this would directly helps ''irc modding'' to see how did the mapper changed stuff according to modder's suggestions
- spectators can give the mapper a quick opinion about a pattern or something and doesnt have to make ''1 suggestion mod post'' thing that doesnt really deserves a kudosu
- you can discuss about a thing in the map without making like 3-4 posts in thread just discussing on this exact part of the map
- some newbie mappers / players that want to learn how the editor works
- some people that wants to livestream mapping but they cant because their pc is low-end and twitch streaming lags for them

for some mappers that doesnt want anyone to spec them and steal their mapping techniques or the mappers that wants privacy to concentrate on mapping, i think there should be these options:
- allow only mutual to spectate mapping , kinda like blocking non mutual pm
- disallow everyone to spectate

yea thats it
Sandy Hoey
I swear this is a duplicate
o x
t/108829 is what you are looking for. The feature they explain would allow spectating.
Topic Starter
Deppyforce
the difference is you dont invite people to a room, my request is that people should be able to spectate any mapper whenever they want instead of waiting for mapper to invite them or give them permission to join a room (that thing sounds more like a multiplayer room, this is not)
also this is just ''watching'', spectators are not allowed to edit the map by themselves in any case

btw i didnt see that thread lol im sorry if this counts as duplicate
o x

Deppyforce wrote:

the difference is you dont invite people to a room, my request is that people should be able to spectate any mapper whenever they want instead of waiting for mapper to invite them or give them permission to join a room (that thing sounds more like a multiplayer room, this is not)
also this is just ''watching'', spectators are not allowed to edit the map by themselves in any case

btw i didnt see that thread lol im sorry if this counts as duplicate
This is the same request as you and was marked as duplicate. t/373390
Topic Starter
Deppyforce
rip
Pawsu
Just support Live collaborative mapping, yeah.
Make sure you use the search function before creating a request.