forum

sakuzyo - AXION

posted
Total Posts
show more
Bara-
Is there a need to discuss such subjects (unrelated to the map itself) in the map's thread?

Edit: 12000th post \^_^/
Grim Rapper

Hula wrote:

All i'm saying is, don't deny everything, cos this is the 2nd time now and you'll only end up going around in circles.

And monstrta you're the guy who tried to dq my mapset cos a quirky normal cos you don't like me. Don't try to take some moral high ground here about mindset towards dqing
LOL good job on giving a personal opinion when it isn't necessary, and telling everyone to be polite when you're not using polite language
I thought this is a Beatmap Submission Forum thread, not reddit that's full of children's mouth full of inappropriate language
Please mind your manner as an England player, and for yourself before everyone knowing you as "Mapper who knows everything"
And think before you talk, cuz it's working every time

Peace
headphonewearer
How about raising the OD of AXION_REBORN to maybe 8,6 - 9?
Topic Starter
Flower
Why? OD8 is already ok for bpm 160.
headphonewearer

Flower wrote:

Why? OD8 is already ok for bpm 160.
idk I just found it weird that Skystar's diff (which is easier than AXION_REBORN) has higher od
Kibbleru

Hula wrote:

All i'm saying is, don't deny everything, cos this is the 2nd time now and you'll only end up going around in circles.

And monstrta you're the guy who tried to dq my mapset cos a quirky normal cos you don't like me. Don't try to take some moral high ground here about mindset towards dqing
i would kindly suggest just to leave the thread alone, ur not making a very good impression of urself :(
Mazzerin
maps don't make much sense, but I don't care, they're fun, reminds me of Pomuta's Lindwurm (except this was made before Lindwurm), gl with this next time
Hollow Wings
so far, no one pointed out exact issue from the current map's set after disqualification.

then this map is ready to be requalified.

i don't see any necessity argue like this need to be countinued.

nothing ought to be fixed until someone came up with modifies, not personal complains.

this map nearly changed nothing as it used to be, just because it's ok already months ago.

give a clear propose to stop this map qualifying, otherwise, don't easily start mess.

works required from dq post are all done now, waiting for next progress at once.

anyone is welcomed to mod the map ofc, issues will be fixed if you find some.
Karen
Rebubbled
-Kanzaki
I got some stuff to tell about gameplay as a player most likely. There are parts really annoying to play.

AXION_REBORN:

00:21:400 (1,2,3) - I feel like music changes on 1 not on 2 as you NC'd but i didnt get why you space 1 to 2 instead of 9 to 1, visually doesnt seems cool either but not really important tho.

00:21:962 (5,6,7) - Also you could make this one same as the 00:21:400 (1,2,3) - ctrl c this and ctrl g.

00:31:618 (5) - I am totally against these maybe you thought it will work like this but it plays like this. Yea its pretty challenging not really telling you to change but check if you didn't meant or you did to flow it like on the second picture.

01:21:400 (1,2,3,4,1,2,1,2,3,4,1,2,1,2,3,4,1,2,1,2,3,4) - On these part why is the jump on 4 to 1 you simple could put 1 and 2 upper and somewhere closer to 4 and you also break the flow there which makes here super hard.

00:54:400 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - And these kind of parts are pretty challenging as well where star difficulty cant understand what flow is, my suggestion is you can make them flow a bit better while you keep your style and SR same like this

Generally what i see when i look at this diff is it plays like 7+ star map but it is 6.71 and is short so i won't retry.
Skystar

-Kanzaki wrote:

Generally what i see when i look at this diff is it plays like 7+ star map but it is 6.71 and is short so i won't retry.
you have to keep in mind that a map's star rating being underweighted/overweighted or not has little to no impact on map quality. star ratings shouldn't even be involved when you're discussing map quality.
-Kanzaki
Who said i discuss maps quality? I said i tell about gameplay and as a player

If you ask about quality i think it looks cool, but cant say it plays cool.
Skystar
and gameplay is an important part of map quality, lol
Lasse

-Kanzaki wrote:

00:54:400 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - And these kind of parts are pretty challenging as well where star difficulty cant understand what flow is, my suggestion is you can make them flow a bit better while you keep your style and SR same like this
not being properly reflected by sr (under-/overrated) should never be a reason for changing a pattern or whole part
sr/pp is an incredibly flawed algorithm and shouldn't influence mapping related decisions

pattern is nice, though I don't get why 00:54:962 (3,4,1) - is consistently spaced when 00:54:400 (1,3,1,3) - all have much higher spacing?
Topic Starter
Flower
I'll check this when I have time. I don't really understand why I'm never free though there're lots of spare slots on my uni schedule.

P.S. When you feel star difficulty is distorted you'd better complain to keyboard crasher tom about it instead.

P.S.S. Lots of thanks for using pictures for explanation.

-Kanzaki wrote:

I got some stuff to tell about gameplay as a player most likely. There are parts really annoying to play.

AXION_REBORN:

00:21:400 (1,2,3) - I feel like music changes on 1 not on 2 as you NC'd but i didnt get why you space 1 to 2 instead of 9 to 1, visually doesnt seems cool either but not really important tho. The pitch is raised at 2, therefore, I put a higher spacing. But you make some point as well. I will not hurry to push my thing to rank soon and will consult some pro mappers later.

00:21:962 (5,6,7) - Also you could make this one same as the 00:21:400 (1,2,3) - ctrl c this and ctrl g. Same

00:31:618 (5) - I am totally against these maybe you thought it will work like this but it plays like this. Yea its pretty challenging not really telling you to change but check if you didn't meant or you did to flow it like on the second picture. Yes that's totally how I expect players to play. The 3/4 drum in the music is some absurd stuff and I would like to recreate it in the map.

01:21:400 (1,2,3,4,1,2,1,2,3,4,1,2,1,2,3,4,1,2,1,2,3,4) - On these part why is the jump on 4 to 1 you simple could put 1 and 2 upper and somewhere closer to 4 and you also break the flow there which makes here super hard. Both BMS and Cytus (I don't want to talk about Cytus though, the fumens are crap) fumen have a vertical duple on 1 and 2, and I think this is the way to emphasise it.

00:54:400 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - And these kind of parts are pretty challenging as well where star difficulty cant understand what flow is, my suggestion is you can make them flow a bit better while you keep your style and SR same like this Skystar addressed this, and I agreed. Besides the suggestion in the picture isn't my style though

Cheers

Edit: I asked some fellow mappers and they say it's ok, and I like to keep current pattern, so yeah I'll keep

Lasse wrote:

pattern is nice, though I don't get why 00:54:962 (3,4,1) - is consistently spaced when 00:54:400 (1,3,1,3) - all have much higher spacing?
Imo 00:55:150 (1,2,3,4) - is some "fall in steep downhill" part which leads to an acceleration of 00:55:900 (1,2,3,4) - , therefore making a low spacing makes sense for entering such a notification pattern.
sahuang
When can we do this again
Zyl
This wasn't ranked? :?:
Karen

sahuang wrote:

isn't it bad to say this when you're a bn
sahuang

Karen wrote:

sahuang wrote:

isn't it bad to say this when you're a bn
maybe yes o.o
why not ask bara for heart?

Let's do it. Bara-'s quite busy now so I will take it xd
sahuang
Hopefully everything's good this time!
Ambient
holy shit gratz
Flask
飛機上有7人, 包括你和其他6位知名音樂遊戲mapper. 試問這架飛機會墜毀幾次?
Side
Just let this through to ranked already...

These last 26 dqs only led to months of minor changes, many pages full of opinions and little discussion about the map and surely many purges.
Bara-
Woow
Gratz!
_DT3

_DT3 wrote:

OMG
raririn
安全起飞
WORSTPOLACKEU
Slystar's Expert

01:18:681 (2,3,4,5,1) -
Is this really going through?
Topic Starter
Flower
I'm not at computer. Will look at this right back.
no plz not again

Edit: This pattern may look weird, but in real play it's totally different from the same pattern in Dopamine. It can be read easily from first play, so I think this is fine. And this is also confirmed by the replies below.
MillhioreF
It's a pretty damn awkward pattern, but it still plays all right if you can get past the difficulties with reading it.

Honestly I think it's less awkward than 50% of the highest difficulty
Kaifin

WORSTPOLACKEU wrote:

Slystar's Expert

01:18:681 (2,3,4,5,1) -
Is this really going through?
as a both a mapper and someone who can all of the diffs adequately including Skystar (1 miss score right now as it's qualified) this pattern is completely fine both playability wise and rhythm wise, there isn't anything really questionable about this random pattern tbh

if this specific pattern bothers you, what about 01:27:962 (4,5,1)? the only difference between the two is 1:27:962 is less forceful flow wise so you're less likely to notice it, its the exact same rhythm

just my two cents, its a perfectly fine pattern and there have been no complaints regarding it (unless i didn't scroll back far enough)

not liking something or not being able to play something properly doesn't make it bad, good luck with the set Flower i really hope this isn't the 80th dq

also the last diff is SICK very interesting flow and interpretation of the song
Ideal
finally this mapset is fully ranked holy
gratz
SuperBox
恭喜万年大坑被rank
WORSTPOLACKEU
Congratz!
Low
congrats on breaking out of jail :D
Bara-
Ohhh finally

Congratz Flower, you deserve it!!
Asphyxia
Nice set :)
Yohanes
Grats!
4x (?) requalification was all worth it!
Topic Starter
Flower
Thanks to all!
Enon
Finally :D