forum

Increasing slider velocity mid-slide? [Denied]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Zetta
I'm not sure if this would be more rage inducing than helpful but what if sliders were able to adjust their velocity mid song?

Say, you're sliding along at a steady pace, then a little storyboard warning comes up or something saying "Oh btw, this section of the slider is slower/faster"

I'll try to explain it better but I'm bad at this "words" thing. When a mapper create a slider that is tangled up near one end then straight near the other, it creates a sort of slowing effect. This change would eliminate the need for the tangled slider and save mappers a lot of hassle figuring out the correct length needed/etc

Best example I can find is this http://osu.ppy.sh/s/16904 near the beginning of the song.
Feno_old
This would piss people off to no end if there's no way to tell that the speed is about to change.
At the same time though, I'm sure it could be pretty cool if used well.
Now, the only need I see for the tangled up slider if is the vocals or something go like "whooooOOOOAaaaah" (Best way I could explain it), and then a loop in the slider just fits with the music.
Support I guess xD
Topic Starter
Zetta

Feno wrote:

This would piss people off to no end if there's no way to tell that the speed is about to change.
Mappes could always put in a que in the storyboard like they do when there's an incredibly fast slider or a weird looking slider.
Jarby

Feno wrote:

You would be able to tell if there were several slider ticks on the slider. But sliders like this should glow or something, fuck storyboarding.
mm201
No support. A warning should NEVER be required if the mapper is doing it right.

The tangledness of the slider is a good enough visual cue, so just keep doing it this way.
RandomJibberish

MetalMario201 wrote:

Most true thing I have ever heard srs
Zekira
Mashley
You're kidding, right?
Topic Starter
Zetta

Jarby wrote:

Feno wrote:

You would be able to tell if there were several slider ticks on the slider. But sliders like this should glow or something, fuck storyboarding.

A glow effect would be pretty good actually. Sort of at the start and end of the bit that's being sped up or slowed down.

Blue = slow
Red = fast
Luneko
Nah,
This would be to annoying q.q
James2250

KillerRind wrote:

Nah,
This would be too annoying q.q
Derekku
Pretty sure this has already been denied before.

It would just be counter-intuitive and confusing. The only reason I don't say about current speed-changing sliders is because:

MetalMario201 wrote:

The tangledness of the slider is a good enough visual cue, so just keep doing it this way.
Topic Starter
Zetta

Derekku wrote:

Pretty sure this has already been denied before.

It would just be counter-intuitive and confusing. The only reason I don't say about current speed-changing sliders is because:

MetalMario201 wrote:

I guess you're right. Though the tangleyness does sometimes cause me to lose a slider tick and effectively lose my combo but I'll deal with it. :>
mm201
...then I'd expect the sudden speedup to cost you more than a tick :P