forum

Anime Suggestion Thread

posted
Total Posts
show more
WhisperOfLight
Hello everyone! Can you suggest me something like Higurashi no Naku Koro ni (When They Cry) or Elfen Lied (like psychological horror or detective)?
EneT

Vse_Bude_Dobre wrote:

Hello everyone! Can you suggest me something like Higurashi no Naku Koro ni (When They Cry) or Elfen Lied (like psychological horror or detective)?
I suggest watching Monster but it's pretty long with 74 episodes.
If you want to watch something shorter and you're into the gruesome, bloody shit then you may probably like Rin: Daughters of Mnemosyne.
WhisperOfLight

EneT wrote:

Vse_Bude_Dobre wrote:

I suggest watching Monster but it's pretty long with 74 episodes.
If you want to watch something shorter and you're into the gruesome, bloody shit then you may probably like Rin: Daughters of Mnemosyne.

Thank you!
Osurne
I have seen "The legendary Gambler Tetsuya", Kaiji, akagi, any other gambling anime like these? I enjoy these shows a lot actually
PremiumShiny
There's alot of hype over ReZero, and in my opinion, watch the freaking S out of it. You wont regret it
KapengBarako
Y'all need to watch Heavy Object.
Navizel

PremiumShiny wrote:

There's alot of hype over ReZero, and in my opinion, watch the freaking S out of it. You wont regret it
>tfw I did
It's a tryhard Steins;Gate. Subaru is unlikable.
EneT

Navizel wrote:

Subaru is unlikable.
Dat episode when he's whining like a lil' bitch to the white haired girl lol beta fag
Rurree
While I may not watch anime anymore, my favorite anime still haven't lost their charm. I'd recommend it to anyone, but frankly, it's not for everyone. Gintama, Nodame Cantabile, and Shirobako I think are the only shows that are easy to watch?

Agatsu
new game
FadillSan
Anyone here watch Love Live ? :D That's good anime for me :D
FadillSan
A is also a great anime, berceritakan about a guy Arima Kousei pianist who stopped playing since his mother's death. Until the arrival of a girl violinist Miyazono Kaori finally made Arima play the piano again. This anime has a sad ending. :'(
Caput Mortuum
I need psychogical anime pls

No edgy mc pls

I'll die if i can't find any
Thanks
Asaiga

Mein Gauche wrote:

No edgy mc pls

Thanks

Agatsu wrote:

new game
Agatsu
agree ^
Navizel
how is new game psychological
Caput Mortuum

Asaiga wrote:

Mein Gauche wrote:

No edgy mc pls

Thanks

Agatsu wrote:

new game
Looks like i'm going to die soon
Asaiga
You don't question anime.
Caput Mortuum
OK since I've ran out of psychogical supply

I want some mature romance pls. No need to be adults, just don't be cringy :C
CrusTi
Any one who wants to watch something modern, fresh, and funny here are 2 Anime Series which should be no surprise to most of you:

One Punch Man: https://myanimelist.net/anime/30276/One_Punch_Man?q=One
Psycho Mob 100: https://myanimelist.net/anime/32182/Mob_Psycho_100
Tifa
Kumiko Oumae
qq
SilverBlade128
Just finished watching Kimi no Na Wa and I really recommend it to everyone.

Just a movie tho but yeah, really worth watching.

https://myanimelist.net/anime/32281/Kimi_no_Na_wa
Eidea

SilverBlade128 wrote:

Just finished watching Kimi no Na Wa and I really recommend it to everyone.

Just a movie tho but yeah, really worth watching.

https://myanimelist.net/anime/32281/Kimi_no_Na_wa
I feel like watching more anime movies versus series these days since they tend to have a larger budget and given that the choices of anime lately are not my taste.

But I agree with you 1000%. There's a reason why this is the top-rated anime on MAL •ᴗ•
KatouMegumi
Hey guys. I'd like to have mtf genderswap protoagonist school animes.
Could you recommend any?
Navizel
TSF Monogatari Yamada-kun and the 7 Witches and Kokoro Connect maybe? Birdy the Mighty has one body two genders type of thing as far as I know but I haven't seen it yet but might as well try.
The Gambler

Navizel wrote:

TSF Monogatari
God knows how that show went...

Also plenty of manwhas of that genre to go around, though that's more of a "Manga Suggestion Thread" post.
Adder

Fizzn wrote:

Could you recommend any?
Ranma 1/2
Ore Twintails
Nyaruko san (around ep 8, 9 or 10 of season 1)
Kamfer
Adder

Fizzn wrote:

Could you recommend any?
Sora no otoshimono
Strike the blood
Fairytail
Oinarisama
Noucome
Date a live (??)
World god only knows (??)
Kao
Behold. Ultimate. Recommendation. Anime.

Caput Mortuum
God spoilerbox that plox

Edit: if you haven't watched Terror in Resonance go watch it right now
45Traeath
Guys, the more I think about it, the more I feel like I found an absurd reason to watch "DRRR!!". (I won't say why "absurd" because............ Yeah, I shouldn't XD)

Give me plausible reasons to watch it before I do and drop it afterwards; because the summary couldn't attract me into it. (More exactly, I feel like "why not", but I'm sure I will not watch it with a serious mind.)
MildCholester
The one with the japanese boy and say he MM instead of respond the his friends he say mm
he must come together with the friends and say mm when the enemy is threatening them because they will got to try hard and fight they
Rwyta
Oh god I just have the urge to make a Boku no Pico joke in this thread
LaryRose09
^Don't lmao

Also did anyone suggest Yuri on Ice yet?
https://myanimelist.net/anime/32995/Yuri_on_Ice
45Traeath
I'm still not helped though.
(And even by that time, I haven't watched it yet.)
kloudX
Does anyone know a anime that talks about time travel and this kind of stuff? I don't know nothing like that, unless steins;gate. :|
Kao
Main Source: https://myanimelist.net/anime/9253/Steins_Gate/userrecs

kloudX wrote:

Does anyone know a anime that talks about time travel and this kind of stuff? I don't know nothing like that, unless steins;gate. :|
Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu
Source: https://myanimelist.net/recommendations ... 9253-31240
When someone you hold dear is met the fate of losing their life, and you have the ability to go back in time to that moment to try and save them, do you have what it takes to do it? In Steins;Gate, science is used to create a time a machine, rewinding the clock and changing the course of fate and time by saving the one life (or two) In Erased, it is a slightly more chaotic as there is no science involved, only a lingering sense of guilt and the ability to rewind the clock before a drastic event occurs.
These parallel lines were what drew me to Erased, and I wasn't disappointed. It did remind me of Steins;Gate with the aspect of time traveling to save a loved one. Changing the course of the present and time itself by making that one change and saving this one life, no matter the outcome. Hence, if you have enjoyed those elements in one of those anime shows, you will definitely enjoy watching the other.
Mirai Nikki
Source: https://myanimelist.net/recommendations ... 9253-10620
-Both protagonists use their cellphones to change the future
-Both protagonists try to change the outcome of a future event to protect their loved ones
-Both include a female and male lead that try to interfere with "fate"
-Both have a complicated plot which plays with your mind

*P/S: Keep in mind that Mirai Nikki is a lot more twisted if you like that aspect.
Boku dake ga Inai Machi (ERASED)
Source: https://myanimelist.net/recommendations ... 9253-31043
Beginning with the obvious, both Re:Zero and Steins;Gate were animated by the same studio, White Fox and both main protagonists have time traveling related abilities.

Now for the juicy stuff, both Okabe and Subaru are quite different from the usual anime protagonist and aren't meant to be self-inserts for viewers. They both must overcome obstacles to save the ones they love and both feature thrilling story lines and engaging characters that break the mold of most anime tropes like Tsunderes (with Steins;Gate's Kurisu) and Moé characters (Re:Zero's Rem). The authors want you to see the MCs go through very difficult (and sometimes gory) hardships in order to reach their goals. In a nutshell both are:

- Animated by White Fox
- Time Traveling Related
- Have fresh Non-Self Insert Protagonists
- Mold Breakers of Anime Tropes

and both anime titles have a thing for colons and semi-colons.
Luqanted
o lmao I just realized that Re:Zero & Steins;Gate were animated by the same studio tf ^
LaryRose09
Okay I don't know if I should suggest an anime when I'm still in the first season, but I felt like I had to.

Initial D: (Description from MAL) Takumi Fujiwara is an aloof, spacey high-schooler who does delivery runs in his dad's Toyota AE86 in the dead of night. Despite working at a gas station and having friends who are car nuts, he doesn't know a single thing about cars.
Takumi is introduced into the world of street racing and his natural talent draws attention from all across Gunma. Will Takumi face the challenges or back out from the call of the mountain passes?
  • First Stage (26 eps)
    Second Stage (13 eps)
    Third Stage (movie)
    Fourth Stage (24 eps)
    Fifth Stage (14 eps)
    Final Stage (4 eps)
Genres: Action, Cars, Drama, Seinen, Sports (it also has comedy)

It's a pretty good anime and enjoyable if you're, like, a car addict. I'm not one but when I finished the first episode I couldn't stop watching haha.
Also, I wouldn't recommend watching it if you're picky with art styles.
show more