gratz
N0thingSpecial
W E W L A D S
Doj
OMG YOU DID IT KISSES CONGRATULATIONS M8TY <333333333
Topic Starter
_handholding
Thanks guys! :3

I'd also like to give a big thank you to MrSergio and Sylphi for your amazing GDs. I couldn't have done it without you 2!!
Seijiro
Just to make clear: beatmap threads are supposed to be used for beatmap related stuff. If someone has something else to say take it to a PM, not on this thread.
Let's hope people will start using the their brain, because I'd rather avoid starting a killing spree for dumb stuff. Thanks.
Narcissu
great

btw the bg not august, sakura in march
HappyRocket88
Oh, NathanKiss! Congratulations for your first! >w</ Really well deserved!

I'm sorry for not being able to mod your map in the past. QAQ
Shiranai
Kiss me kiss me baby~
Oops wrong lyric, grats nathan <3
CaffeAmericano
owo finally :) gratz!!!
Topic Starter
_handholding

Narcissu wrote:

great

btw the bg not august, sakura in march
I didn't think about that Oo, I actually just used it because it was given to me by a friend

@HR88; Mako; Caffe
Thankyou :3
Topic Starter
_handholding
Double post because I wanted this to be separate

Someone told me that the mp3 quality is slightly poor and has a lot of clipping in it, I don't know a lot about these things so I don't know. Should I consider changing it?
Rizen
I'm concerned with the quality of the audio file used, there's quite a bit of clipping compared to a copy of the audio file I have managed to cut with a higher quality source (top is my copy, bottom is current one in mapset)

Not only does the current audio file in use have quite a bit of clipping, it's also 189kbps (not the usual recommended 192kbps) and the need of a second red timing point could be because of a poorly cut audio file

here's a copy of a higher quality audio file. Offset will be off so if you do choose to switch, you will also need to change the offset of the timing points.

It's a lovely song so I want it to be played with the highest quality audio possible :P
Underforest
imo can be changed
if you apply rizen's mp3 offset is -183 (move 56ms more), remember to snap preview point and bookmarks (if needed), a second line will be no longer needed with this mp3
Lasse
actually the mp3 rizen provided sounds worse..
and it's also more like ~128kbps quality wise judging from this
while the current one is better in that regard (frequencies go way higher)

for comparison, this is how a lossless file of the full version looks like when encoded to a 192kbps mp3:
http://i.imgur.com/SeKgMXT.jpg
Rizen
Ok I tried again (I'm no audio engineer)

take two

This time, I'll list my procedure:

Acquire 256kbps version of the song off yar har fiddle dee dee
Import song to osu to obtain necessary offsets to cut the song
Import song to audacity, cutting the song at the offsets, and re-encoding down to 192kbps

I previously used a source file off a mapset with the same song those audio file sounded better (it was listed it 192kbps, but mmm)

If that procedure is wrong, please feel free to ignore me

I went and got the same program as you Lasse, here's the acoustic spectrum of the above mp3
Lasse

Rizen wrote:

it was listed it 192kbps, but mmm
you could even reencode some 64kbps file to 192 and it would show as 192 then : v

but yes that one does indeed sound better now, if it also fixes the offset shift thing (didn't try it in editor), changing it should really be considered
but if you cut it using audacity, the offset thing might still be there cause it tends to mess that up for some reason
Fycho
current MP3 is acceptable and it doesn't affect the playing in my eyes, but if you want to take another MP3 which you think it's better, feel free to poke me.
Topic Starter
_handholding
Because of what Fycho said as well as a few other people I've asked, I've decided not to go through with changing the mp3
Plaudible
Nekomata
personally i can hear instruments much better with the new mp3 by rizen (in turn leads to better gameplay), and after some playing with the offset with the new mp3 it's +19 local

i actually really hate the distortion in the current mp3. kinda disappointed the change didn't go through. pretty sure qat can insta qualify afterwards