forum

[duplicate] osu! LAN Mode ( another Thread - take your time

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +2
Topic Starter
Cryptor
Hello Everyone!

As the title already says i want to suggest a Offline LAN Mode for osu!. And yes i know what the most people are thinking....." another LAN request " , " not again " , " nobody needs it " and so on. But let me try to explain it a little bit and maybe i can tell you some good things about it.

I'm very sad about so many dead threads about the LAN Feature in osu!.And im sure that my request is going to end up like all the others but a LAN Mode nowadays is pretty Important in my opinion because many games on Big Platforms like Steam for example are having many great games but most of them don't have a LAN Support. Earlier days it was normal to have a LAN Mode as a Option in various Games and everyone was happy about it to spent some time with Friends in a Local Network. Many countries are having LAN's from time to time but it just isn't that intensive as years before but LAN's aren't dead at all.

I grew up with LAN sessions and it was and still is a great Time to play many Games with 15 or more People in LAN Mode.It's interesting to see how people behave , how they react to various situations and it's probably the greatest feeling to win the game and the enemy team congratulates you or vice versa.
We spent a lot of time to help other players to get better or we just tried things out. And the best thing is that me and my Friends still opening a LAN 2-3 times a year out of Berlin to have a good time! 8-) We bought a lot of new stuff to buy better equipment for the LAN to increase the stability and all that. Iv'e also met a lot of new friends just by participating on that LAN...it's just great.

Many of my friends diddn't even knew about osu! and i explained them how it works and many people tried it on my PC in Offline Mode and there were suprised how much fun this game is. They asked me several times if is there a LAN Mode to play the standard mode but i just could answer that this feature isn't available and they just asked me "why?" but i couldn't find an answer.

I hope that i convinced some people to vote for it.........maybe we can heat it up a lil bit.

some suggestions from my side:

> People should register and verify the account before having access to the LAN Mode
> osu! Standard as LAN Mode
> Spectating Feature
> Creating a Offline " Tournament "
> Text chat could be a nice feature but on a LAN your'e mostly connected via Teamspeak
> own LAN ranking ( offline Rank )
> LAN Achievements ?!
> Online osu! and Offline osu! has to be seperated for sure
> maybe some "special LAN mods" for osu! standard

Thank you for spending time to read it!

greetings,

Cryptor!

*EDIT* At least i tried :(
troke
Hmm nice good stuff
NeXt4r_
good