forum

Osu/DDR/Bemani scoring system is heavily flawed

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Sumanituwolf
I don't understand why so many games stick to the combo multiplier based scoring system. You can have a much much better accuracy and get an S, but have a lower score than your C play of a song. Just because you missed 1 note right in the middle, instead of several at the very beginning and end of the song.

I'm not sure why almost every rhythm game sticks with this flawed system that does a terrible job of rating your performance as a player through score.

At least in Frequency, Amplitude, Guitar Hero and Rock Band, Harmonix has a much better version of the multiplier system. In Amplitude for example, every 2 bars (8 quarter note beats) that you don't break combo, it ups your multipler by 1, to a max of 8. In Guitar Hero and Rock band, they use a similar system but limit the multipler to 4x.
7ambda
scorev2
ovnz

Sumanituwolf wrote:

stuff
scoring in BEMANI games isn't combo based. in fact in most bemani games combo isn't even taken into account when calculating score.
Topic Starter
Sumanituwolf

F1r3tar wrote:

scorev2
Thanks, glad to see this game is still being improved in pretty major ways :)

Ovnize wrote:

scoring in BEMANI games isn't combo based. in fact in most bemani games combo isn't even taken into account when calculating score.
Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. But I'm pretty sure it worked this way in DDR games up til at least Extreme/8th Mix
ovnz

Sumanituwolf wrote:

stuff
DDR isn't the only bemani game