forum

Sigma ft. Paloma Faith - Changing

posted
Total Posts
show more
Underforest
Title and artist should be the following:
Sigma Ft Paloma Faith - Changing

t/248186/start=134 - for reference, you can see this discussion from another ranked map of this song
Topic Starter
Exote
Eh? The metadata I used is from iTunes and as far as I know iTunes is an official site: https://itunes.apple.com/gb/album/chang ... d898201144

Also, I've discussed the metadata thing with two mappers/modders, one of them being Strategas.
I talked about it with him and he said it was totally fine and that both of the metadatas (the one from Hula) and mine are fine to use
proof
2016-08-27 19:33 Strategas: also
2016-08-27 19:33 Strategas: you can use both of those metadatas
2016-08-27 19:33 Strategas: so whatever
2016-08-27 19:33 Exote: for the sigma?
2016-08-27 19:33 Strategas: but itunes one seems much better
2016-08-27 19:33 Strategas: more pleasing for the eye
2016-08-27 19:33 Exote: exaCTLY
2016-08-27 19:33 Strategas: ye

The ones that Kwan provided are also an option, I've asked Kwan and hasn't gotten a response yet. I also don't trust Youtube at all as a source for metadata.
IamKwaN

IamKwaN wrote:

iTunes is not considered as a(n) official/valid reference since long time ago as it is only a platform to sell works/music. The only situation we treat iTunes as valid is there is no other official information regarding the song at all and obviously, your map isn't the case here.

So, unfortunately, I have to disqualify your map. Please fix it using whatever I have mentioned in p/5202035 , poke me if you need me.
So, ye

I really hope people stop quoting iTunes, isn't it a question in the BNG exam?
Yuii-
Wikipedia, Touhou Wiki, Music data base. No iTunes! Would be nice to add it, though. Although some artists (especially YouTubers) only post the real metadatas on iTunes or even Spotify.
Cryptic
Its worth noting it uses similar metadata as Exote's current on the official Amazon listings (other here) as well as when you go to the actual album here (its also the same on .uk) it also uses the metadata.

In addition to amazon and iTunes, various other websites use the same metadata like here and here.

I know that 3beat records doesn't use this but many other sources do so why was it DQ'd? Also, iTunes was not listed as an option on the BN test, like Yuii- said.

Just to clarify, I'm not saying he shouldn't change it, but how am I supposed to say this isn't correct when it shows up as this in numerous (purchasing/official) locations. (You can't even buy it off 3beat's website so I'd actually be willing to say that Amazon/iTunes is a better source since they're the ones selling the product.)

TL:DR; You gave 3 options, why could this not be a fourth?
IamKwaN

Cryptic wrote:

something
Amazon, same case as iTunes, a third-party platform selling works/music. I'd say they are indirect sources of the artist/CD publisher, while mine are all directly quoted from 3beat records or the artist themselves. This is the distinct difference.

Also, kinda shocked about what you mentioned. You mean if there are numerous locations stating the same thing, it is correct? I hope I did not interpret your words wrong.
Cryptic
Thats not quite what I was saying. I was saying the official sources vary a lot in and of themselves, and I thought the point of metadata is to provide an accurate representation of the song's title/name in other locations. If it has numerous appearances from what some would view as official (even though they're third party), then why is that not accurate metadata? Its clear there are enough sources to view it as a trend, whereas for the three you linked I wasn't able to find as many references as I did for the one Exote currently has.

I guess my overall question is, at what point does an "offical" source become less reliable than "unofficial" sources and why is that not the case here?

Sorry for dragging out the discussion but I'm curious to know for future reference.
IamKwaN

Cryptic wrote:

I guess my overall question is, at what point does an "offical" source become less reliable than "unofficial" sources and why is that not the case here?
I think I have answered your question. What you link is not official since the beginning. By official, we mean anything published by the official on the web directly.

Quoted from p/4561967, you should not use the following unless you are desperate and unable to get anything more reliable.
  1. Music stores (such as iTunes and Amazon)
  2. Unofficial/fan-made websites
  3. Wikipedia/unofficial YouTube channels/Music databases (like VGMDB or Discogs)
So, when there is nothing official related to the song, iTunes/Amazon can be used as a fallback.
I hope I have explained this concept clearly.
Cryptic

IamKwaN wrote:

What you link is not official since the beginning. By official, we mean anything published by the official on the web directly.

So, when there is nothing official related to the song, iTunes/Amazon can be used as a fallback.
I hope I have explained this concept clearly.
No, I got that part. The one thing I really wanted to know is why do we have to consider 3 different metadata variations from the official sources correct when the distributor/seller's metadata is consistent within themselves? Aren't record labels more likely to make sure their music goes to the websites with correct naming/formatting compared to when they just post it to their website for display?

Maybe I'm just being stupid since it's stupidly late here and I'm tired. Thank you for taking the time to respond.

@Exote: Call me back when you need me.
IamKwaN

Cryptic wrote:

Aren't record labels more likely to make sure their music goes to the websites with correct naming/formatting compared to when they just post it to their website for display?
aww sorry, I have no idea about this to be honest, so I cannot comment lol

You can call me too if you need someone to bring this forward again~
Cryptic

IamKwaN wrote:

Cryptic wrote:

Aren't record labels more likely to make sure their music goes to the websites with correct naming/formatting compared to when they just post it to their website for display?
aww sorry, I have no idea about this to be honest, so I cannot comment lol
Yeah, I think I'm going to do some research on this because I think that would make sense, but who knows?

Thank you for the discussion, once again~!
RyoKazuka

tbh record labels are very accurate because its either the record offers the artist or the artist apply their music to get promoted

and they have to fill in a form as in what album/genre/title and such
they will also discuss the price but make sure the record labels is official like Monstercat, Subsphere Records etc.

basically the artist gives the record label all the metadata and such (about the track) so i doubt the source from any official records are wrong

Strategas
how is itunes, soundcloud, amazon not good enough if they are confirmed to be official on the video itself?

the naming of the video itself is rather weird because it uses "ft" instead of feat. ft is usually used for multiple artists and feat just for one, so it really seems to be just for display like Cryptic mentioned.

like overall I still think both metadatas work, but the current one is just much more pleasant for the eyes.
Topic Starter
Exote
holy a lot of stuff has happened here :<
Cryptic
Everything should be fixed now, so rebub!
Yuii-
There is this thing I still don't understand. Shouldn't the Artist be "Sigma Ft Paloma Faith" instead?

Taken from http://www.3beat.co.uk/media.php?perPage=48

On another hand, there are another 2 websites (that are also labelled as officials by Sigma) that show different metadata:

Taken from https://soundcloud.com/sigmahq

Taken from http://www.sigmahq.com/media/

Meanwhile, the YouTube account where this was uploaded, shows something different from the previous sites mentioned:

Taken from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAeotgCHL3E

So now my question is... what the hell is wrong with this song

EDIT: Gotcha!
Cryptic
KwaN said any of the three choices she provided are correct, Exote chose the soundcloud source.
Topic Starter
Exote
This is one hell of a song lmao
Strategas
requalified!
Topic Starter
Exote
Thank you very much again~
RyoKazuka
CONGRATSDX[PAKCSLDK;HJASDG]L[LKJFEAGLKNAWRGFSLNK'VFSGA