Cobo-
Username: Cobo-
Nationality: korea
Player ID: 3392
Asrielly
Username: Asrielly
Nationality: Vietnam
Player ID: 8822
Might as well, but a Paypal account for me ain't being created cause u sick ET players know why.
-Dom-
Username: -Dom-
Nationality: German
Player ID: 3085
[Crz]ScSolAr
Username: [Crz]ScSolAr
Nationality: China
Player ID: 0088
I was a salted fish. :o :o :o
LostCool
Username: _S h i r o_
Nationality: Thailand
Player ID: 6005

wow :o
Amerom
Username: andreymc
Nationality: Brazil
ID Number: 3593
EtienneXC
I enjoyed this tourney last year, so I gotta join again.

Username: EtienneXC
Nationality: USA
ID number: 0039

Time to spend weeks adapting to this game again (not really lol)
w1sp

[Crz]Flashstar
Username: [Crz]Flashstar
Nationality: China
Player ID: 4096
Topic Starter
kang
Update: The final invite for Wave 1 was sent yesterday. As always, the Player list will be gradually updated. If you participated in the previous event and still did not receive a message, PM "Kult". Your Username/ID may have been lost or mixed up in the process. Please note that there will be more invites sent out during the dates on the schedule with this being only Wave 1 of 3, so if you have not gotten one yet and feel as if you should have, there is still a high possibility that your name was listed for a different Wave. If you need more time before registering, the registration will remain open until the Map Pool is released as long as the ID number in the PM is kept.

There will also be some very slight visual changes along with an "Updates" section that can be found at the top within the next few hours for those that prefer not to scroll through the thread in the future.
Pope Gadget
I suppose I'll entertain it if it means friendly banter

Username: Pope Gadget
Nationality: United Kingdom
Player ID: 8830
AlexDest
Username: AlexDest
Player ID: 3918
GruzzlyBear
Username: GruzzlyBear
Nationality: Australia
Player ID: 0433

HYPE
MoTeSolo
Username: MoTeSolo
Nationality: Korea
Player ID: 9926

wow!
Shadow_SM
Username: Shadow_SM
Nationality: United States
Player ID: 3444
Jole
yes fam

Username: Jole
Nationality: Denmark
Player ID: 6600
Runa
Username: Runa
Nationality: South Korea
Player ID: 1990

:3
Topic Starter
kang
Update: The preview of the Profile Badge is now available. All credit goes to Jepetski !
Topic Starter
kang
Update: An faq section has been added to the thread due to the number of repeated questions that have been asked. If there are still any questions, please let us know through PM.

The youtube channel has also been added next to the faq, but it is currently unavailable. The link will be provided once round 1 begins.

There will be no more updates/changes until wave 2 of invites (August 19th). See you soon.
Shiv
How to get the invitation wwww
SpaceGorilla_old
Username: SpaceGorilla
Player ID: 4467

i've not a clue what i'm getting myself into here but who knows maybe i'll skillboost in the next few days
BZinc
Username: BZinc
Player ID: 0736

OwO!!
Halogen-

oh cool let's completely eliminate completely valid skillsets in an invitational tournament

rip anyone who's good at long notes because hey, that doesn't matter in a game that actually has release timing, right

EDIT: and before anyone uses this against me, SV maps deserve their fair share as well but they're certainly not as integral of a concept compared to LN which exists to some extent in nearly every map
feesh-
hey, long time no see ;)

Username: hamyer
Nationality: Malaysia
Player ID: 9992
[GB]SuddenDeath
cheetose
Username: cheetose
Player ID: 1237

thank you for inviting XD
u_e
Username: u_e
Player ID: 8882

Hi
EtienneXC

ooooooooooo
Paralit
Username: Paralit
Nationality: Singapore
Player ID: 4925
moni
Username : moni
Nationality : Thailand
Player ID : 2112

oo o o o o k even i didnt notice in 4k for long time ww
Akeyro
Username : Akeyro
Nationality : Belgium
Id : 2340

Belgium has been rekt in the MWC
Lets get rekt a second time :'D
SourToast
Username: SourToast
Nationality: United Kingdom
ID: 1114
pizzahead911
Username: pizzahead911
Nationality: United States
Player ID: 4878

Ready to get whooped in my first tourney
lemonguy

disappointed.
KenZ

Gekido- wrote:

disappointed.
Agree.

change name to SM league? zzzz
Halogen-

Zenonia wrote:

Gekido- wrote:

disappointed.
Agree.

change name to SM league? zzzz
might as well

it'd be fun to actually have some interesting matches determined by ability to play the game overall, heh
Topic Starter
kang
Hello,

It's understandable (and also to be expected) that there will be a portion of players that prefer ln's in their map selection, but please keep in mind that there are also those that do not enjoy ln's in the slightest including the SL staff (unless they are done correctly), and those that refuse to say so in public to avoid any conflicts which is okay. STAR LEAGUE is not something that will determine a players ln ability because there will not be maps heavy in that category, and unfortunately that is something that wont change. Although, also keep in the mind that the FAQ mentioned ln's will be limited, not absolutely removed. For example:

You can tell which map that is from the image. That does not mean it is in the pool, but that is something we find acceptable in terms of structure.

This on the other hand

is not something that will be considered for the pool.
In short, yes, you will be seeing some LN's, but it is not our priority to fit them into every single inch of the pool.

It should also be mentioned that this
although for some is acceptable, we are against it for many different reasons and will not put it into consideration for the pool.
Will the pool have less diversity because it is limiting LN's and removing SV's? To an extent, yes, considering you are removing an entire skillset from a game that encourages it, but at the same time sv's and ln's are not required in order to test a players capability in a variety of categories. It is simply diverting the attention towards specific categories and away from those that the staff wants to avoid. This could also create frustration with some players because it is essentially stripping some people away of a skillset that they might be so good in, it could push them to the top, and it is very clear on who those people are, which is fine, but from Star League 1, it has not been our priority to create equality between every skillset that exists regardless of how large scale an event becomes. That is the MWC's job as an "official" event. As mentioned before, it is all for fun, and the competition/prize that comes with it is a bonus. If LN's are fun for some, then I apologize on my behalf, but if you are expecting an LN heavy structure, then the maps that will be available will most likely be a disappointment.

As a side update, for those that have yet to receive an invite, expect wave 2 to be possibly larger than wave 1. Update 6 will be on August 19th.
show more