forum

[resolved] sorting forum topics

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
deadbeat
Right now all the forums topics are sorted by last post. could there be a way to sort by other means like sort by views or replies?
Derekku
Hmm... I guess I can see why you might find this useful, but is it really that necessary?
Luneko
seems good to me how it is right now
Topic Starter
deadbeat
its not really a major thing..just thought it might be usefull..if its not..feel free to deny
Gens
Um.

This works perfectly fine, just tested it.
James2250
Huh I didn't even know that was there...need to look around settings more
Derekku
@Gens: *blink* I thought about doing that, but then forgot a minute later. :V

Although, I assumed deadbeat wanted to be able to click the words at the top of the forum to sort like this:

Just like how the beatmap listings, ranking pages, etc. are:

I see how the options are useful, but it's a bit of a hassle to have to keep a second tab/window open in order to change the sortings momentarily (like to curiously see which threads have the most replies/views, of the find a list of threads by a certain user easily). So, I won't deny this (yet) since I think that temporary sorting right on the forums would be better than basically "permanently" changing the sorting in one's options.

Slightly off-topic, I just noticed this:

Is "All Topics" selected by default? If it is, then wouldn't it be a good idea to switch it to something lower (6 or [even better] 3 months) to prevent some necroposting? :c
Topic Starter
deadbeat

James2250 wrote:

Huh I didn't even know that was there...need to look around settings more
peppy
Oh god, those options exist?
Time to remove them D:.