forum

osu! (OS X) beta release

posted
Total Posts
show more
numbermaniac

Yuguiboy91 wrote:

It's work on OSX 10.11 ? Because when I launch Osu! :

The application X11 could not be opened.
An error occurred while starting the X11 server: "Failed to activate core devices."
Click Quit to quit X11. Click Report to see more details or send a report to Apple.
It does on work on 10.11, you sure you have XQuartz >= 2.7.7 installed?
AGRX
Message has been deleted.
AGRX
here is new build running cutting edge and without xquart, on my old macbook i am getting almost stable 240 fps.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/547 ... 21.app.zip
monkaGreg

Agrrox wrote:

here is new build running cutting edge and without xquart, on my old macbook i am getting almost stable 240 fps.
downloading and trying it right now, i'll let you know how it works for me

>it works really well, tyvm and well done
H4DES
Help! I'm sorta new on the OS X release but for some reason Chinese / Korean / Japanese fonts show up as boxes!
I've 'run' the cjkfonts in the Winetrick under Wineskin Advanced in the Wineskin.app of the Osu! application, but nothing changed.
What is the problem and how can I fix it?

AGRX
AGRX
Osu! Stable Latest:
Download

please tell me if this build installs and run on your side. If someone will have issues i will simply upload preinstalled SL.
H4DES

Agrrox wrote:

Osu! Stable Latest:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/547 ... Latest.zip

please tell me if this build installs and run on your side. If someone will have issues i will simply upload preinstalled SL.
I tried to install cjkfonts through Winetricks by opening the Wineskin app in Osu!.app, but every time I launch Winetrick it crashes. Other than that, the Osu! application runs just fine but Asian fonts are still boxes.
JellyAddiction
I am running cutting edge version on mac with good results, here is how:

get osu wrapper from here:
https://github.com/vsnrain/osu-wine

get and install xquartz:
https://www.xquartz.org/

osu cutting edge executable:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/54714869/osu%21.exe

optional: wineskin staging engine STG 1.9.12
http://portingteam.com/topic/10055-wine ... e__st__300

Install xquartz and place osu!.exe inside wrapper to folder osu!/
Use wineskin.app inside wrapper to change executable to file we placed inside.

now try to change wrapper settings as following:
screenshots

Using this setup game is running smoothly. However when i try to update osu to Stable it crashes and wont start, perhaps "Stable" is not 4.0 ? Will try update it to beta if it runs.
Also wrapper has option to enable CSMT function inside Tools -> Config Utility to make use of staging, not sure how it works but maybe osu will run better/worse when enabled ? For me its causing visual artefacts and decreased fps and lags.
Sorry, but i am noob when it comes to mac stuff.

Can you explain this in simpler terms? I am confused what things like place osu!.exe inside wrapper to folder osu!/ means.

Thank you for your time.
AGRX
JellyAddiction
Oh! Thank you very much, it works very well on my mac now.
My apologies for not noticing something so obvious on my own.
AGRX
AGRX
monkaGreg

Agrrox wrote:

my build is crashing, dont know why...

probably best working wrapper is vsnrain's which was cloned from peppy's github depository and modified, wish i knew what fixes been made there.
sad thing is that regedit and winetricks doesn't work on that wrapper.
i havent been getting results with vsnrains wrapper, i've been using the one you posted 11 days ago and its been working fine
MicroGintama
Generally, the latest OSX build is incredibly smooth and responses swiftly towards my input.

I think one of the probable needs for improvement is the way to click out of the application, a.k.a Wine + Osu itself. Generally, command+tab can cause quite a few problems such as a black screen, and just a loss of audio.

Otherwise, I'm quite happy with the new release!
mun hei
wow
J O K E R

Agrrox wrote:

I downloaded this and left osu! minimized for about 3 minutes (adding in my skins) and it gave my mac a kernel panic :/
kawaiicatxoxo

Agrrox wrote:

this link doesn't work- can you post a new link? i don't wanna have to download quartz and this method would be amazing for me!!!
AGRX
AGRX
Slips

Agrrox wrote:

Wine STAGING 1.9.15 build - Download
please let me know your results...
Getting really bad fps on this. I have beamoff and I'm using unlimited.

EDIT: Nvm it's just my computer. I tried another build and I still get the fps lag. I haven't changed anything since it used to work so idk what's happening...
AGRX
Slips

Agrrox wrote:

you better limit your fps to avoid frame drop spikes on low end machines especially when on wine. 120 or 240 is fine...
It was an application that I installed which was for some reason making me have unplayable frames. I just made a new login and installed osu and I get 240 fps again
AGRX
Slips

Agrrox wrote:

just curious, which application that was ?
I don't have a clue so I just made a fresh login which fixed it
Oswald
overall it works fine.

just when i carelessly change my osu! settings then it says that osu "is unable to find a version of the runtime to run this application"

(such as trying beta mode or compatibility mode)

PS: osu! wouldn't run anymore and i have to reinstall osu! again

EDIT: would be great if the official osu! on OS X page got updated soon
AGRX
Vertify

Agrrox wrote:

osu! Stable (Latest) wine staging 1.9.14

- cjk installed = osu supporting Japanese, Chinese and Korean fonts

Download ~409mb
There a separate DL for this? Or is this implemented within the program? I hate seeing boxes =(

EDIT: Thanks for doing all this mate. Really appreciated- I thought I was doing a good job before by giving not-100%-advice, but here you are making new .exe builds lol. (Feelsbad)
tiffqny
I have to downgrade from OS X Yosemite to OS X Mavericks now :?
AGRX
AGRX
Akane Ousaka
I don't know how to make a new difficulty for my song on mac can you please tell me?
Slips

-CPR- wrote:

I don't know how to make a new difficulty for my song on mac can you please tell me?
Click in the top left corner above the compose tab and then click create a new difficulty. For some reason the buttons above compose, design, timing and song setup are hidden, but they do still work.
AGRX
Novixion

Agrrox wrote:

bump something new ? i noticed that osu lazer repository has been renamed to osu. hope they are making good progress
IIRC there was a comment on somewhere that said that lazer should be compatible with Mac natively, should solve most of our problems. Also hope that it will be out soon.

Side note:
Swapping from Wine Engine 1.7.24D3DBoost (600+ FPS) -> 1.9.15 with only 120-180 FPS was actually a better idea than I originally thought. Although lower FPS, I don't have as many random lack of key hitting responses. Latency ended up a bit lower too. However, am only using ¼ cores for 1.9.15 for some reason.

On stable-fallback though.
beaw
Alrighty... Here I am on this official thread thingy...

I haven't been able to run osu! due to admin restrictions (I have a school-issued laptop). Last year, I was able to run osu! by going into the MacOS folder and dragdropping the WineskinLauncher and WineskinX11 exec. files into Terminal and running them that way. For some reason, that was able to bypass the block or something, because it worked every time. This also worked with any other exec. file. That's how I run puush and Colloquy (my IRC client).

This year, though, it doesn't work. I've never really looked at what I was doing when I dragdropped, but I noticed that if I dragdrop only the WineskinLauncher into Terminal, it will show me this: After showing me this, it closes itself and I am left with the default "- bash" window running.

The same exact thing happens when I dragdrop only WineskinX11! It closes itself and leaves me with the default "- bash" window.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

There's something else that's super 4p00ky... If I run Wineskin, (by dragdropping the Wineskin exec. file from the MacOS folder, of course) then open a new Terminal window and dragdrop WineskinLauncher, (from the osu! MacOS folder) I get THIS message from the WineskinLauncher window:
4p00ky 4cr33n4h0t4 ;w;

It shows me that, sits for about 10 seconds, then opens osu! (actually labelled "Wine") and gives me THIS!

This only happens when Wineskin is running. If Wineskin isn't running, it will just do the regular routine (pictured in the first box).

WineskinX11 closes itself as well.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

So I suppose what I'm getting at... How the hell did I run this last night?
No but seriously... When I'm dragdropping all these files, what's really going ion? Why do the processes close themselves? Why doesn't it allow me to run the files? I can run anything else by dragdropping the exec. file from the MacOS folder, so why doesn't it work with osu!/Wine?

What do "WineskinLauncher" and "WineskinX11" actually mean? What are they supposed to do? etc. etc. etc.

Thank you for any information you can give me. I want to be able to play on my Mac again.

My school has ≈150mb/s internet and I want to spam maps with my osu!direct :(
EthanclineW
I tried to install it but on Google Chrome, it says: "This type of file could harm your device." Do i install it?
(I installed the .dmg file, not the wine file.)
Xinnoh
yes, install the game if you downloaded it from this website.
Jeni-Desu

Agrrox wrote:

Wine STAGING 1.9.15 build - Download
please let me know your results...
This build works, but its dropping frames inconsistently but sometimes it runs smoothly. Which is frustrating because everytime i was about to FC a song, the game losses frames and input lag etc .Unlike the 1.9.14 Build which was very smooth but glitches a lot (the texture went "weird"(i dont know how to explain it))

Another thing, why is there some missing icons such as the music player thingy in the top right corner and when you submit a score in the leaderboard, theres supposed to be a "up arrow" icon thingy (sorry vague language :? :lol: )
AGRX
show more