forum

Local multiplayer in taiko mode

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +9
Topic Starter
personne3000
Hi there !

Apparently, osu! is the only game available on PC with good graphics the same gameplay as Taiko no Tatsujin available.

However, most of the fun when playing Taiko no Tatsujin on PS2 comes with the multiplayer mode : it is a LOT more fun to play with somebody else, and it would be quite the same on osu! in taiko mode.
Unfortunately, there is no way to have two players play osu! in taiko mode at the same time. This is a feature that would make the game a lot more interesting and make it the only free taiko game, with song modding available.

I really hope this request will be seriously considered...
Thanks !

Edit : since this request doesn't seem quite clear for those who have never played taiko no tatsujin, I'll try to be more precise : this request is about a multiplayer mode on the same screen with a friend, at home. (See my other post below if you still don't see what I mean)
Randy96
We do have a multiplayer mode?
peppy
This is low on the list of priorities for the time being, but definitely a consideration. If I had the resources, I would implement it right now in fact.
Randy96
ohh, he wants to connect without using Bancho
anonymous_old

Randy96 wrote:

ohh, he wants to connect without using Bancho
I'm not sure, but I think he wants it like the real taiko games (which I've never played).
Derekku

personne3000 wrote:

Unfortunately, there is no way to have to players play osu! in taiko mode at the same time.
Makes it sound like the request is to have a mixture of game-types per room instead of all-taiko, all-osu!, or all-CtB. :?
peppy
The request is for 2 player taiko on a single PC.
Topic Starter
personne3000

Derekku Chan wrote:

personne3000 wrote:

Unfortunately, there is no way to have to players play osu! in taiko mode at the same time.
Hmm I meant "two players". That probably didn't help with the understanding.

Anyway, I guess this is not quite clear for those who have never played Taiko no Tatsujin in two players mode. Two players are playing at the same time on the same screen ; you have a different "line" for each player (see what I mean? It's quite like if you were playing a multiplayer console game in split screen mode, except that it's not that splitted... Since there is definitely enough space to put another player on the screen).
And I can tell you, playing like this with a couple of friends at home is really much more fun...
I'm sure lots of Taiko no Tatsujin fans are going to swith to osu! after it's implemented. Being able to use your own songs would be so great...

So I'm glad to hear it's a consideration. Actually, I wanted this so much that I had already started coding a "PC taiko no tatsujin" game... (What I had done so far worked pretty well. but it was far from being finished, the graphics were awful compared to osu !, I haven't made any song file for it, and although I'm pretty sure I didn't code it that bad, it lags a lot on my friends laptops... Anyway, this is off topic.)
Too bad it's "low on the list of priorities" though. But I have to admit this is not a "tiny fix"... But again, that would make osu ! a lot more appealing to lots of people.

(I played the "normal mode" for the first time today... This game is great ! Especially the graphics, it's amazing to see how much it can be customized for each song. Well, this is off topic too...)

Thanks !
Derekku
Ahh, I see.

Neat~
Miterosan
can be closed now ... It is added
Trosk-

Miterosan wrote:

can be closed now ... It is added
You just have beaten the necro post world record.
TheVileOne
It's not added. Multiplayer existed 6 years ago. nothing has changed since then.
Sync
AlyNight
Love to see this in the addition of 2P on a single PC on osu! taiko.

Really I was thinking about pippikatsu for a while
Bara-
I highly doubt this will happen, due to ghosting, and small space for everyone (I use DFJK, so most part of the kayboard is already covered)
OnosakiHito
Though, having an online mode like that would be great afterall. We thought about this pretty often back then.
vitail
i agree, i would like to play with my brother some of osu
Dzym
I would also like this to be implemented :)
AuDyr_old
I would personally love this as it would allow me to play taiko with my brother as we do in the arcade
Korrui
it would be a nice idea, peppy even said he would if he had the resources but also as he said, it is a low priority right now BUT, i do agree that it is a good idea
Silverdesu
please no more necro
Reha
-
Heuy
This will probably not happen, but good idea.