forum

Noticeable PM tabs

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +5
Topic Starter
Zerostarry
Sometimes I get ignored when trying to PM someone that is in-game, because they didn't notice the small highlighted tab. For PM tabs, it would be easier to notice if it flashed/blinked every few seconds.
James2250
Have it blink to bpm of the song you are listening to

but anyway this has happened to me too, at least have it blink for a short while (like msn etc) so support~
Derekku

James2250 wrote:

oh you <3

James2250 wrote:

but anyway this has happened to me too, at least have it blink for a short while (like msn etc) so support~
I miss PM tabs all the time, so this would be very helpful. :>
Buni_old

James2250 wrote:

I support because it will make it more notice-able and look pretties.
Roddie
I suppose having blinking PM tabs would be helpful.

James2250 wrote:

Yes, James! xD

Support!
Ekaru
I have that problem, so yeah, support.
Firo Prochainezo
Support!
Jarby
No, this would just be annoying.
Galkan

Jarby wrote:

No, this would just be annoying.
Exactly. More visible = more distractive from the game.
Zekira
Why the heck would you answer PMs while playing anyway?
Firo Prochainezo

Zekira wrote:

Why the heck would you answer PMs while playing anyway?
>Implying that if you are on osu! you HAVE to play.
anonymous_old
Hows about just colouring tab labels of conversations in which you have been recently highlighted, like in irssi and many other chat clients?

Blinking is pretty silly.
Jarby

Galkan92 wrote:

Exactly. More visible = more distractive from the game.
To be fair, I don't think many people keep chat open while actively playing osu!.

strager wrote:

Hows about just colouring tab labels of conversations in which you have been recently highlighted, like in irssi and many other chat clients?
But yeah, something like this would actually be somewhat useful.
Kitsunemimi

strager wrote:

.....There was a thread for this but I can't find it.... I think it might have been denied maybe. I still like colouring our tabs the most.
Topic Starter
Zerostarry
Not everyone actively plays while chatting, most of the people I talk to are in the editor or just idle on the start screen while chatting

EDIT: Colouring, blinking, whatever. I just want it more noticeable.
Yunacat
I agree. I've missed PMs before because I already had the tab open but I didn't know I'd gotten a reply...
I like the idea of coloring more than flashing though. The "distraction" isn't a problem as long as the notice is in the chat and not on the game board...
Powerdrone
I don't think I like the idea of it blinking, but perhaps a color that doesn't look the same as when your mouse hovers over the tab?
mm201
Hmm should be a one-liner.
FurukawaPan
umm, can we make this such that it tries to get your attention, during a *break* or at the *end* of the song?

I have broken too many combos on a hard map already being distracted by the PM pop-up. This would make it worse.

Honestly, I do NOT want to know if someone's PMing me if I am in the middle of a tough combo, I just want them to screw off until I'm at a break.

In short, do not want.

EDIT:
(went back and read again)

ooh, that's what you meant. Okay then. so long as this only happens while the tabs are *open* I can't say I have any issue with it.

Here I was fearing blinking lights and blipping every 2 seconds during a play for nothing. Carry on.
Astom

Zerostarry wrote:

Not everyone actively plays while chatting, most of the people I talk to are in the editor or just idle on the start screen while chatting

EDIT: Colouring, blinking, whatever. I just want it more noticeable.
Support~ sometimes I miss some pm and I found it later (like 1 hour haha)
anonymous_old

FurukawaPan wrote:

umm, can we make this such that it tries to get your attention, during a *break* or at the *end* of the song?

I have broken too many combos on a hard map already being distracted by the PM pop-up. This would make it worse.
You know there's an options screen, right?

With an "online" tab?

With chat options?

Which disable this behaviour?

Right?

MetalMario201 wrote:

Hmm should be a one-liner.
TS;DR I'll ask the boss on this one.
FurukawaPan

strager wrote:

You know there's an options screen, right?

With an "online" tab?

With chat options?

Which disable this behaviour?

Right?
Right, except then it won't even notify me after I'm done playing. It's like the PM simply never happened. I'd rather be blipped when a (sufficiently long) break occurs, or the song ends. Can't I have some cake and eat it too? :cake:
anonymous_old

FurukawaPan wrote:

Right, except then it won't even notify me after I'm done playing. It's like the PM simply never happened. I'd rather be blipped when a (sufficiently long) break occurs, or the song ends. Can't I have some cake and eat it too? :cake:
Well, yeah. That's a feature. I use it. Look for it.
Topic Starter
Zerostarry
bump, made the title better.
Underforest
bump from a duplicate thread
great idea, i'll support this
abraker

Underforest wrote:

bump...
Stefan would call this a very tiny bump

Same here, when the chat tabs go on the second row above or more, it's really hard to notice.
Vlidenhart
good idea