forum

Option in Editor to have a 'screen filter' when Accuracy's s

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Ekaru
What I mean is...

Okay, some beatmaps have a right background, right? However, when a break comes up, and the accuracy is shown, it's really, really hard to read the accuracy because you can only see the parts of it that aren't on the white, and if most of the area is white, it's really, really hard to read the accuracy, almost impossible. This is because it's transparent, but I LIKE it being transparent, and would like to keep it that way.

So my request is an option in editor to have a 'screen filter' while the Accuracy shows up. By this, I mean like in the new arcade DDR where you darken that part of the background. In this case, darkening the background a bit so you can read the accuracy.

After the accuracy comes and goes, the screen can return to its normal brightness during breaks.

This way, you can still have the Accuracy be transparent, but on certain maps with a lot of white in the background, you can see the Accuracy.

tl;dr: Request to have an option that lets you darken the screen when the Accuracy is shown, so you can see the accuracy during breaks, then have it return to normal brightness when the Accuracy goes away and the break continues.

P.S. I'm requesting this because I'm running into the issue in Butterfly!, and having a little checkbox for this would be nice, since I checked, and couldn't find any option for this. If there's one, I apologize, but I really couldn't find one. XP

EDIT: And Plastic Girl as a ranked demonstration of situations where this would be somewhat useful.

EDIT2: Basically, I just want an option to keep the screen dark during a break, so you can see the accuracy when the background is mostly white.
ThePassingShadow
I heard this brought up to peppy in chat once after the feature was released. He described it as a non-essential feature. He said he had no plans of making any changes to its visibility. He will probably confirm this.
Topic Starter
Ekaru
Okay, that's fine then, he probably WILL confirm it, plus it'd be hard to tell a break. I could just storyboard a black background during that one break if it bugs me enough. Thanks for answering anyways.

Case closed. ~
ThePassingShadow

Ekaru wrote:

Okay, that's fine then, he probably WILL confirm it, plus it'd be hard to tell a break. I could just storyboard a black background during that one break if it bugs me enough. Thanks for answering anyways.

Case closed. ~
Clever.