forum

Ron + Lamaze-P - Fukkireta (Mischievous Function)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Mukku
Agreed with Orkel. I ended up with 3337 but who knows.
Topic Starter
Taggart_old
3335 seems fine on my end.
MeonS_old
Very nice looking map now that a few of those improvements have been made. Star'd.
Numbbi
So goddamn addicting song. In a good way.

Star~.
Topic Starter
Taggart_old
Oh, the uploader seems to have uploaded the half complete Hard.

I'll properly update it when I've finished mapping hard.
MeonS_old
Here's the guest difficulty I told you about. Tell me what you think of it.

Download: Ron + Lamaze-P - Fukkireta (Mischievous Function) (Taggart) [Meon's Hard].osu
-Pingu-
o3o Fun map
zerothefallen
Awesome map, have a sexy star!
pete2528
:)
i like it
ArmyofDarkness
Star for your efforts on bringing us this great version.
Soaprman
You can thank Orkel for putting a link to this in #modreqs. Which sometimes people actually do pay attention to. Only sometimes, though.

Note that my modding isn't terribly extensive. I don't spend much time in the editor. Majority of this is stuff I noticed while playing, since that's what really matters. If you require super details or nazi-modding, find someone else. :P

Overall
Let's get this straight: the video rules. That needs to be said. It lags my computer a little bit... not that the quality really needs lowered, though. I'm starting to think my computer is finally deteriorating after all these years.

Interesting stylistic choice on Easy and Normal with the map being basically a giant +. Not sure how intentional that is. Some might find it off-putting, though. You may want to consider adding some slopes/curves here and there. This is really up to you, though.

Easy

00:33:735 (1) - remove new combo.
00:36:135 (1) - remove new combo.
01:08:935 (1) - remove new combo.

Normal

Those circles are pretty small for a normal difficulty. I'd raise them a couple notches.

It's apparent here that you're not using distance snap. It's a good idea to use it most of the time, especially on lower difficulties that will be played by players who aren't yet fantastic at sight-reading.
00:11:335 (1,2,3) - 3 is farther from 2 than 2 is from 1. But if you use distance snap, they will be spaced evenly, just like on the timeline.

00:47:335 (3) - This slightly-curved slider looks really out of place with everything else being straight lines.

00:56:135 (3,1) - the jump here is a bit wide for normal difficulty.

Meon's Hard

01:19:937 (8) - looks a little weird. maybe move it down to align horizontally with 7?

Orkel's Insane

The hitsounds seem to be placed kind of randomly. They're so disorganized that it actually made the map a little harder to play. :(

01:14:941 (5,6,7) - This threw me off while playing. It's probably best to just make the spacing here like in the triplets after it. If you insist on keeping it as it is, put a new combo on 5 to at least give a minor visual indicator that something's up here.

The mapset needs work but it's a cool song and I like what it might become. Have a star. Good luck!
Topic Starter
Taggart_old
All difficulties updated. Thanks Soaprman.
Orkel

Soaprman wrote:

The hitsounds seem to be placed kind of randomly. They're so disorganized that it actually made the map a little harder to play. :(

01:14:941 (5,6,7) - This threw me off while playing. It's probably best to just make the spacing here like in the triplets after it. If you insist on keeping it as it is, put a new combo on 5 to at least give a minor visual indicator that something's up here.
I made the hitsounds have a bit more rhythm to them, check out if they seem better now.

About those jumps, I made the spacing a bit smaller.
eXperion
Hope this get ranked soon! Keep the good work up.
kuyukiP
Hi there~ I hope you don't mind my random barge in!

General:
Take 'Nico Nico Douga' out of the tags. Doesn't need to be there if it's the source. Same with Ron, and Fukkireta.
Add your own name to the tags. Add the guest difficulties names, too~
For all maps, the breaks are too long. Map some more of the breaks.
Also, kiai time needs to be added and placed in the same place.

Easy+Normal:
Modding these two together since I basically am saying the same for them.
Consider remapping these two difficulties. Especially Easy.
Don't make the whole thing just circles and Sliders making a plus sign.
Look at Meon's Hard and Orkel's Insane for reference. You want notes all over the place like that.
Move both difficulties circle size ticks one to the left.
Now; for easy:
Really, really conside remapping. It's only circles. Add sliders, and a spinner. I believe you have to have a spinner in at least each difficulty to make it rankable.
For Normal:
Same thing. Don't make it just in a plus shape. Make some movement, you know?

Hard and Insane are good to me, besides that.

Good work, all in all!
Take my star~
James2250
I know this is only your second map so don't take any of this too harshly

-Was reading previous posts, yes remove the stuff in the tags that is in the title/artist/source and add the guest mappers names, but don't add your own name onto it
-I would resize background so it is 800x600
-Delete osb file in folder and do full submit
-Make sure every difficulty has a preview point and in the same place
-Make sure all of the offsets are the same (I get around 1339)
-The video is....annoying...when playing (I don't think I would be the only one to say this) can't you find something else or just remove it?

Easy:
I agree with the mod before this, it really needs to be remapped or deleted, it is just notes every white tick in the same pattern, either remap completely adding sliders, spinners, some interesting patterns with the notes etc or just get rid of

Normal:
Stats are too high for a normal...HP Drain Rate -3 or -4
Overall difficulty -2
make the circles 1 size bigger
Again kinda same comment as easy, at least this one has sliders but its just so repetitive, try and spread your notes out more and put some more creativity into it
Not much else I can say about it at the moment

Meon's Hard:
This map still repeats alot, I realize the song repeats alot but you can still try and come up with several different ways to map it
00:10:737 (7) - new combo
00:20:937 - kind of empty, put something here
01:05:137 (7) - new combo

Orkel's Insane:
00:34:541 (4,5,6,7,8) - kind of confusing
odd to have a break at the end just for 2 notes

PM me after you have fixed all of this and I will star
Orkel
Updated my diff, thanks James and Kuyuki. Made the short confusing stream a more normal one, and mapped some more in the long break in the middle of the song so it's now shorter. I also made the cross streams less confusing. Waiting Tag to upload new version.

I'll probably keep the break->two notes at the end though, I've seen many maps with similar endings and it doesn't seem that bad in my opinion.
[DBF]
[Overall]
Need Easy difficulty, imo. Begginers can't read normal, because Normal have many moments like:

blue tick, red tick, red tick, white tick.. and etc. It's really hard for begginers.

Revome .osb file and do fullsubmission.

[Normal]
Why you don't want use only 1/2 for normal? I'm sure normal no need 1/3 and etc if you no have easy.
This rhythm really hard to understand if you can't read bits.

00:19:739 - need break.
00:47:335 (3,1) - this spacing looks hard for normal. fix this. Make it like 00:48:539 (2,3).
01:24:935 (1) - end in 01:26:539 also add finish.

[Meon's Hard]
Need Previev Point.

Pink bg + default colors + KIAI = Party time! Haha, just joke, you can keep it.

[Orkel's Insane]
This map have really bad spacing, i really don't know how i can explame it, but this spacign is bad.

Okay. First thing what i want to say - It's really insane!! Spacing really is hard.

00:06:541 (4) - so sharp. Remove this and add 2 bits, like 3x stream.
00:16:141 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11) - ohh.. It's not really good for play.
00:32:141 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - hard jump + hard stream with "cool spacing" not really good too.
You just can make it better spacing for stream.
00:34:042 (1) - remove this bit.
00:57:542 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - i really don't like it.
00:58:742 (9,10,1) - (1) is so close to (10) you don't think so?
01:00:942 (4,5) - revome slider and make 3x stream.
01:10:542 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11) - hell yeah, again.
01:14:942 (1,2,3) - need fix spacing.
01:18:942 (6,7,8,9,10,11,12,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12) - this part is confusing.
01:24:742 (1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6) - please, remake this.. maybe something like this.
Nachy
hihi faicpoonch fats animayo goyus

[Normal]
Cool, a bit on the boring side but meeep
00:07:539 (3) - Maybe remove this and make 00:06:935 (2) repeat?
00:09:139 (6) - Move 1/4 and make 00:08:539 (4) repeat? Note you might have to change note placement because of spacing again
00:11:335 (1,2,3) - This sounds better if you make them a single slider
00:14:535 (1) - This really sounds weird, I suggest shortening it by 1/4
01:00:939 - 01:06:939 - I suggest mixing up the patterns a bit like adding more sliders and less linear note placement to increase variety and fun factor :P

[Meon's Hard]
Nice and simple
01:25:937 (4,5) - I suggest stacking them and moving them to the right, next to 01:25:337 (3)

[Orkel's Insane]
>_>
00:16:141 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13) - lolwat
00:32:141 (1,2,3,4) - Really random jump, sounds weird as well. Recommending to change it/remove it
00:32:941 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - Sounds weird too, can't see/hear how this fits the music or the rhythm flow :<
00:46:541 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13) - This really sounds and plays better imho if you make them just 1/4 notes, feel free to make them jumpy and stuff
01:10:541 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13) - again lowat
01:16:741 (13) - Replace the clap with a whistle maybe?
01:18:341 (3,4) - I strongly suggest to either flip them so it forms a more smooth flow from 01:17:941 (1,2) or changing 3's combo colour
MeonS_old
Ugh, sorry about the lateness of this update. I've been damn busy the past week.

-Changed according to all mods so far
-Changed the placement of a few combos so they flow better
-Mapped through the latter half of the long break
-Added 2 very small break points where I thought the HP drain was unfair

Also as a general mod I'd recommend setting the timing points of all the difficulties to 00:05:939 or 01:00:339 (probably 00:05:939) for good presentation.

Thanks to everyone for the mods by the way.

Download: Ron + Lamaze-P - Fukkireta (Mischievous Function) (Taggart) [Meon's Hard].osu
RaptorRed
Nice work guys, star'd, keep it up.
Dottedline
Starred! :)
Wesmeister
Star~
Hanyuu
Star
sveta-insane
<3
Topic Starter
Taggart_old
Got most of the current updates ready, just waiting on Orkel, although I'm taking this time to see if there is anything I can polish on Normal.
Shiny_skydragon
Ahem...I'm kinda new at this, so I don't really know how to do this, but...

I've created two new maps for this song, an Easy difficulty and what I call a Normal difficulty. Are you interested? Or am I too late to jump into this? And how would I go about uploading them? Do I just use the uploader as if I was submitting a new map?

I also have a Teto skin I threw together. Would you like to see it?

I feel like a noob. Sorry for asking such silly questions.
Topic Starter
Taggart_old

Shiny_skydragon wrote:

Ahem...I'm kinda new at this, so I don't really know how to do this, but...

I've created two new maps for this song, an Easy difficulty and what I call a Normal difficulty. Are you interested? Or am I too late to jump into this? And how would I go about uploading them? Do I just use the uploader as if I was submitting a new map?

I also have a Teto skin I threw together. Would you like to see it?

I feel like a noob. Sorry for asking such silly questions.
Oh, sure. Just upload them in a zip/rar file and PM them to me and I'll check them out.
Orkel
upped the fixed diff to taggart yesterday, took some advice from nacho (thanks)
Orkel
Shiny_skydragon: About your normal map:

use distance snap

At the moment the spacing is very inconsistent, even though the speed is the same the beats are further or closer apart. Choose a suitable distance spacing, turn on the "distance snap" button and re-position all notes in the map.
tehman
yadda yadda have a star

oh ye this avatar is cool
VETJasper
this is p hot
nixx_old_1
Awesome!
ouranhshc
Hard
1k spinners are unrankable
00:58:739 (6) - 1 less repeat
00:59:339 (1) - unrankable

Insane
not too crazy about the spacing
Westy
A star for my actual brother.
Akuma_Lektro
star!
Shiny_skydragon
Sorry I've been gone for a while... my internet died for the past two days, so I couldn't see any replies even if I tried.

Thanks for waking me up, Orkel... anyway, here's a bit of an edit on my normal map... I might play around with it some more, but I have to leave in a few minutes and I won't be able to do any more for tonight. Sorry if this is a little too soon. I mainly just snapped most of it.

Figures it would be spacing that gets me, now that I'm addicted to distance snap on another map I was working on that I haven't uploaded yet.

[EDIT]: Turns out I had more time than I thought. I think I worked out a lot of the problems on my beatmap now. Reuploaded.

Download: Ron + Lamaze-P - Fukkireta (Mischievous Function) (Taggart) [Shiny_skydragon's Normal].osu
Orkel
Much better now, good job!

Now we gotta wait for more modders to give tips and point other errors in all of our maps.

Something I noticed though,

00:58:535 (1,2,3,1,2,3) - Atm these have same spacing, but the other goes faster than the other so the spacing is wrong :P
Sigillum
;)
Shiny_skydragon

Orkel wrote:

Much better now, good job!

Now we gotta wait for more modders to give tips and point other errors in all of our maps.

Something I noticed though,

00:58:535 (1,2,3,1,2,3) - Atm these have same spacing, but the other goes faster than the other so the spacing is wrong :P
Okay, fixed it! Thanks! Uploaded again.

And I better star this map before I forget 8-)

Anyway, this is just my general opinion, but I think this map really needs an easy difficulty. I don't think Normal can be passed by a new player (I'm lucky if I make a B on it), and my Normal definitely can't be passed by someone new. I know that this map already has 4 difficulties, but if they can't pass any of them, they won't play it.

Download: Ron + Lamaze-P - Fukkireta (Mischievous Function) (Taggart) [Shiny_skydragon's Normal].osu
show more