forum

Is anime real?

posted
Total Posts
show more
Jukkii

Kisses wrote:

Railey2 wrote:

It is very hard to prove that something is not real in a total sense, for you'd first have to go through everything that is real.
my super hot girlfriend is real
Mine is more real
Razzy
no
E m i
anime is just a world intelligently created by man in which free will cannot exist as man, being in a world that is a tier higher, has absolute control over it.
well you can't prove me wrong so obviously anime is real.

and if you have enough free will to post in this thread then ~ you are in the highest tier of "world" ! and were not intelligently created.
RemmyX25
Railey2

Momiji wrote:

anime is just a world intelligently created by man in which free will cannot exist, as man, being in a world that is a tier higher, has absolute control over it.

and if you have enough free will to post in this thread then ~ you are in the highest tier of "world" ! and were not intelligently created.
that was mostly gibberish.
1) when X has absolute control over Y, it does not follow that Y has no free will, for X could choose to not exert it's control.
2) This has no bearing on whether or not anime exists in "our tier", to use your words, which was what OP jokingly wanted to know.
You misunderstood the question.
3) You don't know if we are in the "highest tier".
4) Being in the highest tier and being intelligently created (what a stupid phrase btw), are not mutually exclusive.
Fourth
yes*
E m i

Railey2 wrote:

Momiji wrote:

anime is just a world intelligently created by man in which free will cannot exist, as man, being in a world that is a tier higher, has absolute control over it.

that was mostly gibberish.
1) when X has absolute control over Y, it does not follow that Y has no free will, for X could choose to not exert it's control.
2) This has no bearing on whether or not anime exists in "our tier", to use your words, which was what OP jokingly wanted to know.
You misunderstood the question.
3) You don't know if we are in the "highest tier".
4) Being in the highest tier and being intelligently created (what a stupid phrase btw), are not mutually exclusive.
that was mostly gibberish because you took it seriously, try semi-seriously next time!
1) if absolute control includes control over every action of an entity, it has no will. having no will at all, it cannot have free will. "not exerting control" cannot give free will if there is no will in the first place.
2) all i can say is yes . . .
3) all i can say is yes . . .
4) i was too busy misrepresenting my own logic to create something that seems like a valid argument at a first glance please don't bully.
note that in the case of anime, the tier/world itself is being created too, and thus the entity responsible for the creation of the world must come from a higher tier - it cannot exist within something that has not yet been created.
5) ?!
Railey2
1) this is only true when the control is exerted. Of course it would always be true for anime, as the anime-world only changes when we are actively exerting full control, but thats the thing with philosophical arguments: You have to expect very nitpicky rebuttals. If you had specified that activity in the lower tier world is conditional on absolute control from the higher world, then your argument would be complete.

4) in the section i was responding to, you didnt even mention anime. Even then, as soon as i can make up a hypothetical scenario in which something is created from within the same tier, the argument becomes invalid again. Also: what counts as created? How exactly do you define tiers and their hierarchy? We are throwing around these ill-defined terms like there is no tomorrow
E m i

Railey2 wrote:

1) this is only true when the control is exerted. Of course it would always be true for anime, as the anime-world only changes when we are actively exerting full control, but thats the thing with philosophical arguments: You have to expect very nitpicky rebuttals. If you had specified that activity in the lower tier world is conditional on absolute control from the higher world, then your argument would be complete.
noted, I appreciate this

Railey2 wrote:

4) in the section i was responding to, you didnt even mention anime.
i would if I was trying to prove something. throwing statements around is fun but I'm not sure what we're supposed to be "arguing" about 8-)

Railey2 wrote:

Even then, as soon as i can make up a hypothetical scenario in which something is created from within the same tier, the argument becomes invalid again.
It doesn't "become" invalid, I think you misunderstood me because I wasn't trying to disprove this statement

Railey2 wrote:

what counts as created? - to me and in this case, something that comes into existence with a pinpointable primary cause that would not exist without it.
(for example, alteration of its form should not count as creation - as it would exist independently of it and has existed prior to being altered)
How exactly do you define tiers and their hierarchy?
the tiers are a hierarchy that attempts to describe how worlds can influence each other. as worlds are contained within other worlds, the tier is a reflection of its "depth" and a world of a certain tier cannot directly influence the world in which it is contained. an anime character cannot poke your nose even if you make it do that in the story - you will have to insert yourself into the world in which the event will take place. as you can see, the outside boundaries of world tiers can be entered, but not exited - the anime character can, however, watch a tv show, read a book (world! anime about a manga writer!) if you make it do so.
_handholding
This thread was a lot better when everyone was still memeing
E m i
my first post was a low-mid tier crispy meme what do you want
Shyotamaze
has science gone too far?
Hibiya-chan

Shyotamaze wrote:

has science gone too far?
Since anime contrasts the laws of science and logic, nah.
hapiPlonz
yeah, anime is real. if you try reeaaaaaly hard, you might get your waifu to come to life.
and then you'd fuck her
Hibiya-chan

hapiPlonz wrote:

if you try reeaaaaaly hard,
Maybe this part means try rly hard to sleep.
Rilene
you failed to edit the quote
this is dramatically disappointing
Hibiya-chan
Oops hahaha xD
Rilene
you fixed
if i can give you a free reputation tho
KatouMegumi
yes anime is real
get a cosplayer, who's cosplaying your waifu, it'll be a great realtionship.
Foxtrot

Fizzn wrote:

yes anime is real
That's actually possible

in your dreams
Rilene

Fizzn wrote:

yes anime is real
if someone is willing to cosplay 24/7 and is devoted to you
Vuelo Eluko

Rilene wrote:

Fizzn wrote:

yes anime is real
if someone is willing to cosplay 24/7 and is devoted to you
just like in my mangos where all the fat greasy men get the cute lewd traps
hapiPlonz

_StormEx_ wrote:

hapiPlonz wrote:

if you try reeaaaaaly hard,
Maybe this part means try rly hard to sleep.
how did you mess this up fam
Vuelo Eluko
that avatar is so plagiarized it hurts
your british like grade though so ill let it slide
Hibiya-chan

hapiPlonz wrote:

how did you mess this up fam
I dunno xD I didnt even noticed the mistake till I checked it.
Topic Starter
anime is real
jesus christ what have i done im sorry guys i only wanted to shitpost badly
Aomi
your name is bad enough
_handholding
WE HAVE A CONFESSION!

Lock him away Stefan!
Topic Starter
anime is real

Aomi wrote:

your name is bad enough
but my picture is 10/10

actually my name is also 10/10
Topic Starter
anime is real
if you add them together you get 20/10
_handholding
my calculator says 1010
Hibiya-chan

anime is real wrote:

Let experienced peeps do the job.
Foxtrot

anime is real wrote:

people are serious about anime as if it's something to be proud of
Flaus
god has left us
Yuudachi-kun

VHS wrote:

anime is real wrote:

people are serious about anime as if it's something to be proud of
It's okay to like things
Rilene
10/10 = 1

i give the score just 1
abraker
Research in genetics will make anime real. Or robotics/AI, whichever will come first.
Xyrus_old_1

abraker wrote:

Research in genetics will make anime real. Or robotics/AI, whichever will come first.
Hopefully, I will live to see the age where Rocket Pawnches happen on a daily basis. :)
Mogsy
Is this the cringe thread? I think this might be the cringe thread
Jinn
Forget what everyone is saying, pretty sure anime is real. I mean i tried rasengan on my sister and it worked. i think she stopped breathing
show more