R-R-R-R-ROASTEDD
Frolski

roshan117 wrote:

Ephemeral wrote:

what the fuck would half of you even know about dying

some of you haven't even lived yet
R-R-R-R-ROASTEDD
DeletedUser_6709840
it is a fact though and it's not just anime, all forms of art are getting dull from the death of originality. You just have to live with it though.
SuwiXL
MAKE OSU GREAT AGAIN

WE HAVE TO BUILD A WALL TO KEEP THE WEEBS OUT
Hibiya-chan

SuwiXL wrote:

MAKE OSU GREAT AGAIN

Its useless coz there might be some colossal weeaboo out there to break it.
DeletedUser_6709840

_StormEx_ wrote:

SuwiXL wrote:

MAKE OSU GREAT AGAIN

Its useless coz there might be some colossal weeaboo out there to break it.
I kekd
OSUSpeed_old
Anime is just like cartoons, but Japanese...

The thing that's keeping into anime, is the weird comedy, some anime has, but i can say the same to western cartoons.

But other anime has also a good plot and story, which makes me like ainme a bit more though ;3;)/
Hibiya-chan

OSUSpeed wrote:

But other anime has also a good "plot" and story, which makes me like anime a bit more though ;3;)/
ok ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Ameth Rianno
tfw you guys watched fanserviced, girls, +dense character, and the repeated place setting like academies animes. many people says that kind of anime to be a cancer type of anime.

you guys need to watch some Iyashikei genre animes.
Miyu
oh love mi sum grab a reaction thread,why all of you fall for it this guy prob dunks to anime..js
Yuudachi-kun

Ameth Rianno wrote:

tfw you guys watched fanserviced, girls, +dense character, and the repeated place setting like academies animes. many people says that kind of anime to be a cancer type of anime.

you guys need to watch some Iyashikei genre animes.

Those many people are also wrong and can't enjoy all animes
Glysce

xxjesus1412fanx wrote:

why tout your closed mind as if it's something to be proud of?
Wat?
Mogsy

CDFA wrote:

never have i ever agreed w/ a video so quickly
Yuudachi-kun
Anime is good.
Railey2
anime is not good. Most anime are really terrible when you compare them to.. say American TV series in terms of how they flesh out their characters. Can't fault most of them, since they seem to be mostly targeted at angsty asocial teens, but maybe if anime stopped pandering to a fanbase that merits nothing beyond getting cock-teased by braindead tsundere archetypes who follow a useless harem self-insert bland boring idiot MC, we'd get more than 2 worthwhile shows a season.

To be fair, these 2 shows are often stellar when you look how much they accomplish in just 11 20 minute episodes. Still, the genre as a whole is utterly lacking, and the amount of trash that gets put out each season is absolutely appalling. So much wasted potential.
There_old_1

Mogsworth wrote:

CDFA wrote:

never have i ever agreed w/ a video so quickly
Best video I have watched today . Thanks for this masterpiece
Yuudachi-kun

Railey2 wrote:

anime is not good. Most anime are really terrible when you compare them to.. say American TV series in terms of how they flesh out their characters. Can't fault most of them, since they seem to be mostly targeted at angsty asocial teens, but maybe if anime stopped pandering to a fanbase that merits nothing beyond getting cock-teased by braindead tsundere archetypes who follow a useless harem self-insert bland boring idiot MC, we'd get more than 2 worthwhile shows a season.

To be fair, these 2 shows are often stellar when you look how much they accomplish in just 11 20 minute episodes. Still, the genre as a whole is utterly lacking, and the amount of trash that gets put out each season is absolutely appalling. So much wasted potential.
All I see are your opinions about those things - I like "cock-teased by braindead tsundere archetypes who follow a useless harem self-insert bland boring idiot MC" so it's good to me. And it's good to other people too, so they make it.
Railey2
Of course you can say that its ok as long people like it, and I can respond that its also ok when people enjoy rolling around on glass shards while being covered in a mix of Vaseline and cow-dung, and we'd both be right about that. In the end the market dictates what shows get produced, and that too is fine.

But you can't tell me that its all just opinion and all just subjective. "What makes quality?" isn't just a subjective question. There are things like how clear and consistent a show is with its themes, how relatable and realistic the characters are, how inspired a show is or if its just a copycat of commonly used themes within the media.. and so on. Of course you can just go ahead and equate quality with how much a random person enjoyed the show, but that is not how the question is commonly tackled, and when you define words like that you might as well want to call a tree a cat and a cat a unicycle.

If an anime is as intellectually challenging as an hour of reading the backside of a cornflakes pack, and similar in execution to 95% of the equally challenging shows, then I'm sure that there is an objective statement just waiting to be made about its quality.

It's fine when people enjoy shit. But I will still call it shit, because it IS shit. I too enjoy shit sometimes. But its still shit.
Yuudachi-kun
I like how you try to claim that some things aren't subjective but them all of the things you list actually are subjective if you use them to determine if something is "good" or not.
Foxtrot
There's nothing great about anime, but it's not utter shit either.
Faust
2 people whom I like are butting heads, what do I do ?

Here have this complimentary gif.

AutoMedic
these blacks make me wanna fucking go back again but no
Hibiya-chan
Anime isn't trash, weeaboos are.
Railey2

Khelly wrote:

I like how you try to claim that some things aren't subjective but them all of the things you list actually are subjective if you use them to determine if something is "good" or not.
consistency isn't subjective, realism isn't subjective, percentage of plagiarized content or new innovative content isn't subjective. I could list more if you like, but the point is, there are a whole list of criteria that people use to determine quality, that aren't subjective.
Yuudachi-kun

Railey2 wrote:

Khelly wrote:

consistency isn't subjective, realism isn't subjective, percentage of plagiarized content or new innovative content isn't subjective. I could list more if you like, but the point is, there are a whole list of criteria that people use to determine quality, that aren't subjective.
They become subjective if you use those criteria to determine if something is "good" or "bad"

Does it have innovative content? Objective question

Not having innovative content means this anime is bad - Now you're being a subjective little shit when you want to use this to say it's bad.

All your reasons for something being bad can just as easily be reasons for it to be good for someone else.
Railey2

Khelly wrote:

They become subjective if you use those criteria to determine if something is "good" or "bad"
Sure. But if you approach the question like this, you might as well say that everything is subjective and bury criticism as a whole. If everything is subjective, we have nothing to talk about. In fact, you'll never be able to make any statement that goes beyond "I liked this".

In a strict, philosophical way, you'd be correct. But as I said, this is not how the question "what makes quality" is usually answered. If you look into how people answer it, you'll notice that there are recurring questions that they ask themselves in order to answer it. Animation quality, coherency of the storyline or the universe within the show, etc.

These are the things that can be objectively answered, and they are commonly used as criteria to check if a show is quality or not. Now, if a show fails all of the criteria, you can still enjoy it for all I care. But the show will be shit. And you'll have shit-taste. Do you have shit-taste, Khelly?
Yuudachi-kun

Railey2 wrote:

Khelly wrote:

Sure. But if you approach the question like this, you might as well say that everything is subjective and bury criticism as a whole. If everything is subjective, we have nothing to talk about. In fact, you'll never be able to make any statement that goes beyond "I liked this".
Good. Now shut up.
Railey2
if you honestly hold this view, then you got nothing to do in threads like this. Just put "its subjective" in your sig and be done with it forever, but stay away from any thread that discusses shows or a medium more thoroughly than "I like dis".
Helyana

_StormEx_ wrote:

Anime isn't trash, weeaboos are.
Yuudachi-kun

Railey2 wrote:

if you honestly hold this view, then you got nothing to do in threads like this. Just put "its subjective" in your sig and be done with it forever, but stay away from any thread that discusses shows or a medium more thoroughly than "I like dis".

I think I'm free to do as I please
[-CeMAqpOP-]kee
what the fuck is happening here

are we still on topic with the original post
Foxtrot

Fser wrote:

what the fuck is happening here
people trying to be serious when talking about anime
[-CeMAqpOP-]kee
every single of you people need jesus.
Tae
(see signature)