forum

Elswordsu! v1 - An Elsword skin for Osu!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
TMCraze

Hi! This is my first time skinning but I think this skin came out well! I wanted to make this skin as a central Elsword skin for Osu that all Elsword players could use, instead of having one favored to one character.

I also wanted to make sure the skin was still playable for the more competitive people out there but still referenced the game at least in some way (even though that's really only the Lifebar)

Included in the skin is the lifebar PSD if you want to make your own custom lifebar and add your own picture

The two most common fonts you will see are Jaapokki and MankSans, now unfortunately I'm not good at remembering but you will see those two fonts often :3

Version 1.0.3 Mediafire

Old 1.0 screenshots
1.0.3 screenshots

Unfortunately this skin is not skinned for Taiko, CtB or o!m. I know, it sucks, but I do not have the capacity to do so right now as it took me little over 2-3 years of inactivity to finish this skin in a span of 2-3 days.

Only ~5%-3% of the skin is a mix, the rest is entirely original and made by yours truly.

I'm sorry if this is barebones but this is my first time posting in the skinning forums in osu.

Hopefully you all enjoy the skin!

Anyone that can create better elements is greatly appreciated. Sorry if there's no bounty or reward, I'm broke :3

Changelog
Version 1.0
  1. 5/24/2016 - Formatting
Version 1.0.1
  1. 5/24/2016 - Changed hitcircles, added Cinema mod icon, changed spinner (added Luciel and recolored some other stuff), added play-skip and skinned selection screen at the bottom
Version 1.0.2
  1. 5/25/16 - Added Elsword sounds and found a better hit circle thanks to user MonsterEmerald
Version 1.0.3
  1. Added mode-osu/mode-taiko/etc thanks to user DimensionWitch. They did an excellent job making the icons! I just modified them to fit. They also included a menu background and a better (imo) section-fail.png
  2. Kept hitcircleoverlay.png but reverted back to 1.0.1's hitcircle.png. It now looks a lot better!
  3. Fixed InputOverlay and SongSelect colors. Both are now white making them easier to see, no more guessing!
  4. Replaced Luciel with Aisha for spinnermetre for better vision
To do list
  1. Mania support
  2. Taiko support
  3. Catch the Beat support
  4. Replace sounds with Elsword equivalents
  5. Make a better hitcircle than found in 1.0.1 (found a better one)
  6. Better menu-back, section-pass/section-fail (found a better section-fail)
  7. Better menu-back
  8. Possible themed variants? (Elsword, Aisha, Rena, etc)
---------------_old_1
looking at the screenshots, I don't see Luciel. Are you planning to add them later on?
Topic Starter
TMCraze

--------------- wrote:

looking at the screenshots, I don't see Luciel. Are you planning to add them later on?
Probably for the cinema mod if I have the time.

I'll probably release specific character themes for Elswordsu in the future.

Other things are meh
Trick Witch
im in love <3
If you want i can skin some parts
Topic Starter
TMCraze

Dimension Witch wrote:

im in love <3
Like what parts exactly?
Pawsu
The skinning forum does not allow mixed skins without permission from those you've taken the elements from. Make sure you get permission soon or it'll get locked. See here.
Topic Starter
TMCraze

Pawsu wrote:

The skinning forum does not allow mixed skins without permission from those you've taken the elements from. Make sure you get permission soon or it'll get locked. See here.
But this isn't a mixed skin? Only a small percentage isn't mine, and like I said in the post, I need people to help me properly credit the skin creators
Pawsu

TMCraze wrote:

Pawsu wrote:

But this isn't a mixed skin? Only a small percentage isn't mine, and like I said in the post, I need people to help me properly credit the skin creators
You've still claimed that some of the elements aren't yours. (Like the most important thing, the hit circles) You need to get permission before posting, not relying on someone else to help you get permission?
Topic Starter
TMCraze

Pawsu wrote:

You've still claimed that some of the elements aren't yours. (Like the most important thing, the hit circles) You need to get permission before posting, not relying on someone else to help you get permission?
Alright fair enough. If someone would be kind enough to take this down I will repost this again when I've added more original skin elements to this skin.

Thanks for the heads up.
Topic Starter
TMCraze
WAIT WAIT WAIT

I CAN MAKE AN ORIGINAL HIT CIRCLE RIGHT NOW DON"T DELETE THE THREAD JUST YET
OsuMe65
De-nuke this when done.
I'm just marking this one as a "mixed skin with elements w/o permission". Since you're changing some elements down there, you may change thread icon when done.
Topic Starter
TMCraze
UPDATE
5/24/2016 - Changed hitcircles, added Cinema mod icon, changed spinner (added Luciel and recolored some other stuff), added play-skip and skinned selection screen at the bottom
Trick Witch

TMCraze wrote:

Dimension Witch wrote:

im in love <3
Like what parts exactly?
Things Like the Selection-mod/mode/options/random
Mode-osu/Taiko/O!M/CtB
Spinner
Selection-Fail/Pass
Fail/Pause Screens
Number fonts
stuff like that
Topic Starter
TMCraze

Dimension Witch wrote:

Mode-osu/Taiko/O!M/CtB
Spinner
Selection-Fail/Pass
Fail/Pause Screens
Number fonts
stuff like that

Yeah, can you do those things save for the number fonts? Or just the fonts I general? I'd like to keep it unified. Also maybe a better hitcircle? Possibly?
Trick Witch

TMCraze wrote:

Dimension Witch wrote:

Mode-osu/Taiko/O!M/CtB
Spinner
Selection-Fail/Pass
Fail/Pause Screens
Number fonts
stuff like that

Yeah, can you do those things save for the number fonts? Or just the fonts I general? I'd like to keep it unified. Also maybe a better hitcircle? Possibly?

sure i can do both if you want i'll pm you when i finish the things
Topic Starter
TMCraze

Dimension Witch wrote:

sure i can do both if you want i'll pm you when i finish the things
Sure, you can do that. Thank you very much for helping!
Though you may want to download V1.0.2 when I put it up because it has updated hitcircles and now includes sounds from Elsword for menu and stuff
Topic Starter
TMCraze
NEW UPDATE

Version 1.0.3
  1. Added mode-osu/mode-taiko/etc thanks to user DimensionWitch. They did an excellent job making the icons! I just modified them to fit. They also included a menu background and a better (imo) section-fail.png
  2. Kept hitcircleoverlay.png but reverted back to 1.0.1's hitcircle.png. It now looks a lot better!
  3. Fixed InputOverlay and SongSelect colors. Both are now white making them easier to see, no more guessing!
  4. Replaced Luciel with Aisha for spinnermetre for better vision
ZenitH-AT
nice job