forum

[duplicate] Polished Multiplayer Room Layout

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Reqayon
Suggestion to create a more practical and visually appealing layout for multiplayer rooms.

First off, the room layout as it is works just fine. What I'm suggesting is a simple design difference that would be nice to have, not a major change to the game.

What I've found to be somewhat annoying in multiplayer is that one needs to scroll down to see all the players, given there are more than eight. This may not sound like an issue at first, but it can lead to the lobby leader unknowingly starting the game while others are still downloading the beatmap. Furthermore, it can lead to players getting annoyed and spamming "go" or similar stuff in chat, because they simply don't know about the other players. Overall, the layout is far from bad but could definitely use some polish.

The possible solution that I came up with is quite simple:
I do not want to change the maximum amount of players, but rather have all of them visible at the same time. What I'm thinking of is a layout with two columns, eight players per column. It could look something like this:

https://imgur-archive.ppy.sh/UXK6y52.jpg

The free section in the middle of the screen could also be used, if displaying the players' names and ranks requires more space.

I'm looking forward to any feedback.

I'm sorry if this is a duplicate.
Bara-
I like this

This can also work well in team matches. Left column is Red, right column is blue
Sandy Hoey
I just started playing in mp lobbies and I think this would make it a lot easier for everyone (and also a lot less annoying for people with slow download speeds)
Support from me
Pawsu
Peppy already has plans to redo the multiplayer layout (probably with osu!next) as seen here: p/2588750
Topic Starter
Reqayon

Pawsu wrote:

Peppy already has plans to redo the multiplayer layout (probably with osu!next) as seen here: p/2588750
Oh, you're right, I didn't know about that. But then again, the other post is 3 years old and I'm wondering how likely it is to see a multi update anytime soon..
Adder

iRebellion wrote:

Pawsu wrote:

Oh, you're right, I didn't know about that. But then again, the other post is 3 years old and I'm wondering how likely it is to see a multi update anytime soon..
In osu it takes 2-7 years for a good request to get added
Nathanael
Regardless, a duplicate. :P
I suppose it would be applied at osu!next.
Topic Starter
Reqayon

Nathanael wrote:

Regardless, a duplicate. :P
I suppose it would be applied at osu!next.
Well then, thanks for clearing things up.