forum

[duplicate] osu!direct on 1st week joined

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Adder
New players should have osu direct for 1st week since their registration, would make the game more beginner friendly, easier for downloading beatmaps in multiplayer.
Zafufu
Would it be easier to just start with supporter in general for the first week? That way they can know what they're buying if they ever decide to purchase it in the future. I don't see anything very wrong with the idea to be honest, and it may even influence purchases of supporter if it's the whole thing. Only other suggestion I could give to your idea is make sure the new players receive a message about it, so they know what's going on when features vanish.
Bara-
Wouldn't this cause people to multiaccount more so they keep getting these features again?

Zafufu, that wouldn't work, due to some permanent effects (userpage, temporal map cap increase etc.)
Zafufu

Bara- wrote:

Wouldn't this cause people to multiaccount more so they keep getting these features again?

Zafufu, that wouldn't work, due to some permanent effects (userpage, temporal map cap increase etc.)
I see, I did think I may have missed a detail somewhere since that wasn't the initial idea. My bad. As for the multiaccounting, I'm not sure if people would find it worth it to always start over their profiles for a convenience, but it could happen.
Pawsu
I don't think this is needed.
Sandy Hoey

Adder wrote:

would make the game more beginner friendly, easier for downloading beatmaps in multiplayer.
I really dont think that Osu!direct is very beginner friendly because it is so hard to find maps that are good for your level. You actually have to search songs directly by name or artist. The only other maps that show up are the recently ranked
abraker

Bara- wrote:

^ this and also peppy does one day supporter events annually afaik, so not really needed.
Seijiro
I changed the title of this thread since it was more a joke imo: osu!direkt? Be serious...
AncuL
or just an 1-week trial of osu!direct
Ayesha Altugle
no
abraker

MrSergio wrote:

I changed the title of this thread since it was more a joke imo: osu!direkt? Be serious...
Instead of marking this as dupe/invalid? Be serious...

This and similiar has been requested enough times already
t/259120?hilit=supporter
t/247571?hilit=supporter
t/358208?hilit=supporter
t/342347
Nathanael
I don't see this as user friendly because when the user's free access has expired, they might ask something like "Where is the download manager? Do I have to pay to get more beatmaps?".

Well anyway, this is a duplicate. Thread #rekt