forum

Choose combo colours from the BG [Denied]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
RandomJibberish
Maps like Love like Woe and Jump out of your Car used combo colours taken from the BG very effectively. If you could choose combo colours from the BG with a droppper it would make this easier

There is of course the potential problem with the colours blending with the BG if the mapper uses it badly, but that should be filtered out as the map gets modded.
-Xero-
Thought about that too.
Support!
NotShinta

RandomJibberish wrote:

There is of course the potential problem with the colours blending with the BG if the mapper uses it badly, but that should be filtered out as the map gets modded.
Not always, somehow.

Yeah, you don't have to the exact colours of the BG. Nobody'll care, It'll be easily abused too.

Plus, can osu! actually do anything with the image other than use it?

No support
Topic Starter
RandomJibberish
What I'd often do it pick the colours with the dropper to get the right hue/saturation then darken or lighten them a little to keep them from blending
mm201
Love Like Woe doesn't use colours from the backdrop. I deliberately chose brighter variations so they wouldn't blend in too much.

No support.
Ekaru

RandomJibberish wrote:

What I'd often do it pick the colours with the dropper to get the right hue/saturation then darken or lighten them a little to keep them from blending
In which case you're using a different color than the one from the BG. You could have just chosen a lighter/darker color without getting it from the BG first.

It's not that hard to choose a similar yet different and contrasting color from the BG. On the other hand we'd just end up with a bunch of lazy bums and even more hard-to-read maps which we have enough of already. No support.
Derekku
I've thought about this before, but is it really that hard to take a few seconds and manually find similar colors?

Plus, if you're having to try and pick the right hue/saturation with the dropper anyway and then adjust it, why not just pick a similar color to begin with? o-o;

No support here, either.
Firo Prochainezo
I always thought that the combo colors were not important at all. I guess spending 5/6 minutes on finding a decent color it's not the end of the world.

No support.
peppy
Use paint (or anything greater than).
mm201
Also, for the record, when the backdrop is a portrait of the band and the object colours are a bunch of fleshtones, nothing irks me more.
Shohei Ohtani
Black background with black notes ;~;.