forum

[duplicate] Split 4k and 7k rankings

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +4
Topic Starter
Aaeeschylus
I honestly think that splitting the 4k and 7k rankings would be a great idea. Here are my reasons:

1) If you play a standard map on mania 4k, the majority of the time, the top scores will be above 780,000, which 4k can never reach. This is because 7k has a max on 1,000,000 points while 4k has a max of 780,000 on converted maps.

2) It would allow for more people to enter into tournaments. A good example of this is the recent 4k world cup that just went by. To enter, you had to be top 3,,000. In the ranking, this would include 7k players. Why would it matter about their rank when going for the 4k world cup? I know someone who wanted to enter and was around the rank 3,500. If the 7k players werent counted in the rankings, he would have been able to play in it.

P
PyaKura
I agree with separating 4K and 7K ranking-wise, but you are using the wrong arguments here.

1) No actual mania players use keymods. Play mania-specific maps for a few weeks and autoconverts become obsolete. There's that and autoconverts are also not representative of actual mania gameplay.

2) The minimum rank requirement was #5000. Yes I agree having this kind of limit is arguably stupid, but that shouldn't be one of the main points to separate 4K and 7K (and any other keyamount actually).

Besides, it is very unlikely this will ever happen according to ppy's posts on the subject.
Trosk-
I don't see this happening. Also, it has been denied several times before. For example: t/299039 t/108597

peppy wrote:

Why not ranking boards for each country for each key number for each unique mod combination for each state in each country for each period since the last lunar eclipse.
LastExceed

Trosk- wrote:

peppy wrote:

Why not ranking boards for each country for each key number for each unique mod combination for each state in each country for each period since the last lunar eclipse.
For the same reason we have a 4k mwc and a 7k mwc but not a mwc for each country for each key number for each unique mod combination for each state in each country for each period since the last lunar eclipse.