forum

[invalid] Reset your score

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +2
Topic Starter
Unlucky_w
Yes. The title might said it all, but I know what you're all thinking: no.
Reseting your scores (play) is like deleting your file's account; I know, but that's not what I mean.

What I mean is (Precisely): you delete your saved score at the last moment. Meaning that when you just finished a difficulty play and you aren't satisfied with your score( or rather because you accidently or it is automatically saved at the last moment of the gameplay, (Example: Didn't SS because forgot to put "Perfect", or because your spins are bad and you can't pass the map again.) you can have the choice to leave it away (forever, until you beat your score again), or delete it and never see it again even in the local scores, at the result screen only.

This (Maybe) might be a good idea in multiplayer: I mean, when you finished a match and you aren't satisfied with it 'cuz it's saved, you can delete it, rather than failing your play during the match(where it won't saved the score anymore, just in local), which that can cause your rank(as not global rank but the gameplay rank with people) to go down and you don't want that.

I don't know if this topic has been existed already, similar to it, or, somewhat, is a bad idea. But just let me know if it's good or not, I don't mind if it's bad (cause I didn't take the time to look at the others topics similar as this, and it might be my fault).

Have a nice day. :S3
Pawsu
Unfortunately this has been requested and denied before: viewtopic.php?p=50811
Topic Starter
Unlucky_w
Unfortunately this has been requested and denied before: viewtopic.php?p=50811
But it didn't say something like: "What I mean is (Precisely): you delete your saved score at the last moment(=during result screen only) Meaning that when you just finished a difficulty play and you aren't satisfied with your score(or rather because you accidently or it is automatically saved at the last moment of the gameplay, (Example: Didn't SS because forgot to put "Perfect", or because your spins are bad and you can't pass the map again.) you can have the choice to leave it away (forever, until you beat your score again), or delete it and never see it again even in the local scores, at the result screen only, not after a month, which can mess up the rankings.
(viewtopic.php?p=50811 was similar, but not precise like this, is it?)

If I'm wrong: Thx for doing the research for me. I'm out!
[Rejected]
Seijiro
1 second before finishing the map or 1 month is the same, sorry.
Just make sure to not forget to press Esc before completing the map (or failing, if you're in multi).
Topic Starter
Unlucky_w

MrSergio wrote:

1 second before finishing the map or 1 month is the same, sorry.
Actually, it's not the same. If you reset after completing the map, it won't mess up the rankings, compare to reset after one day completed the map, it will. Why 1 second before finishing the map? Because if it's one month, you can just delete all your saved score like deleting your account.

Just make sure to not forget to press Esc before completing the map (or failing, if you're in multi)
I can't. Imaging yourself at the end of the (hardcore) map, then you missed the last combo. Just before you had the time to escape, the game will just automatically save your score, which you won't like it. (Like advanced players)

Another thing I want to add: when you already played this map before one month for example, then you beat the score but got a terribly accuracy tho, you can delete it, and leave the other saved score behind.

If I'm wrong again: I'll keep fighting on. Nah, I might give up eventually.
Seijiro
I forgot about a system peppy is working on where you will be able to choose which score to keep among all your scores on a beatmap.
Deleting scores (this request) tho, it's out of question for the time being.
Topic Starter
Unlucky_w
Fine... as you wish.