forum

HP drain

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
L1nk1_old
Hello folks.

Suggestion: HP drain can't end your game unless you do not get 300 from next beat. I'm not sure what would you do with the spinners though. I guess it should be calculated after finishing a spinner, maybe?

Reasons: Some beatmaps have parts where you can't gain hp fast enough to survive if missed a beat or two just before it. This makes the difficulty of the beatmap imbalanced when compared with other same level beatmaps. It would also be more fun if you can still survive from being on a verge of death since you know, failing in that beatmap part, you are dead anyway after 10 seconds.

Anyway, what do you guys think? would it make the game better or not?
Chrli
As mean as this may seem, this seems really useless. Just use no-fail imo... But hey that's just my opinion.
Adder
my opinion is completely remove it, who cares about hp drain in old plays
Kibbleru
well unreally shouldnt be dying UNLESS u get constant 100s etc so this kinda just makes things pointlessly confusing
Bara-
It has been this way for years, it'd be bad if you suddenly change it
Besides, it's a feature of the old Ouendan games
Sea_Food
A few years ago I did a megapost where I suggested all kinds of different new mods, back when I didnt know such post are not allowed nor were there any capable moderators deleting it. Anyway one of them was called "second chance" which was a mod suggestion asking that you can only fail map after you miss a note while already being on 0% HP, meaning drain alone could not do it. This is similar to that but your idea is worded worse IMO.
Topic Starter
L1nk1_old

Bara- wrote:

It has been this way for years, it'd be bad if you suddenly change it
Besides, it's a feature of the old Ouendan games
I know right. Maybe devs are too afraid to make such change since people are usually very conservative when it comes to quite big changes in game mechanics. Although, I don't think it would change the game too much. It would certainly make beatmaps easier to finish but for most people will find their new level and anyone can make new beatmaps even harder as they are now. And, I'm not sure if devs have already decided that there will not be any this kind of changes. It would be nice to know.

Sea_Food wrote:

A few years ago I did a megapost where I suggested all kinds of different new mods, back when I didnt know such post are not allowed nor were there any capable moderators deleting it. Anyway one of them was called "second chance" which was a mod suggestion asking that you can only fail map after you miss a note while already being on 0% HP, meaning drain alone could not do it. This is similar to that but your idea is worded worse IMO.
You don't have to take my suggestion word to word. It's there just to give an idea how it could be, not to be a definitive solution. I was thinking like there could be like difficulty factor there like in very easy maps you must miss a beat to fail and some harder ones you must get at least 100 or so on.

edit: it would make too confusing having different rules for every map