forum

[invalid] Make chat ban not be applied while chatting with mutual friends.

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +23
Topic Starter
Wishy
Title, make Bancho don't mute you even if you send lots of messages fast when chatting with mutual friends. It's kind of annoying to get chat banned while chatting with a friend when you're not bothering anyone. Plus I think the same could be applied in multiplayer, since if you get some retard spamming you can just kick him.

If you think this won't work because some people can just go and leave a bot sending 999 messages, then just make it so you can send way more messages between friends (or in multi) without getting muted.
SapphireGhost
Today I got silenced by BanchoBot for spamming myself.

Make of this what you will.
Azure_Kite
actually, I support this. It would be logical that if two friends are being stupid with each other, or chatting excitedly, that this limit be at least extended, to compensate. Maybe.
Luna
Yes, I get silenced way too often when I'm just chatting with friends xD
Metro
Support.
Jarby
Just because I'm mutual friends with someone doesn't mean that I'd like to be spammed by them.
Topic Starter
Wishy
If you're mutual friends with someone and that guy keeps spamming you even when you gently ask him to stop then I wonder why is he even your friend.
NoHitter

Jarby wrote:

Just because I'm mutual friends with someone doesn't mean that I'd like to be spammed by them.
If you were mutual friends, then you could work out being spammed at without having them silenced.
Sakura
Not like i support this but, if this does get implemented then:

Jarby wrote:

click > cancel friendship > gets silenced
Soaprman
All for this, yes.

For multiplayer, maybe prevent it from happening in passworded rooms since random people won't be walking in... it's not much different from a group PM between friends, really.
Takuya
That's a good idea, yes. If one gets annoyed by a friend's spam, can either ask to stop or /ignore . Supporting this
GladiOol
How about you don't spam? ~

It might, just might be useful... but it's not needed at all. So I'm not supporting this.
Topic Starter
Wishy
I (and I'm sure many other people) am used to press enter every just a few words since by doing that the conversation goes way faster and is kind of less boring to the reader since he doesn't have to wait to start reading my message so I don't have to wait that much for him to answer, maybe not everyone chats like this but I do and I'm sure (since some people supported this and I've experienced many friends getting muted in multi) lots of players chat like this and therefore have trouble with those annoying chat bans that don't really make any sense since you're not annoying ANYONE. Maybe make like in some MMOs that chat ban doesn't affect whispers to your friends or chatting in private rooms (like parties that here would be something like multiplayer private rooms).
Hika
Support.
Ekaru
When you type like this
in public chat
it is very annoying
because you flood up
the chat and
crap when we
only have like
6 lines to
work with.

However, when chatting with a friend this isn't a problem at all because there's only the two of you and thus nothing to flood, and mutual friends don't purposefully spam each other anyways. I support this.
Larto

Soaprman wrote:

All for this, yes.

For multiplayer, maybe prevent it from happening in passworded rooms since random people won't be walking in... it's not much different from a group PM between friends, really.
You have a point, but you know what? I love your signature. Well done.

That being said, I agree with this request. If you're mutual friends with someone, you probably won't mind them typing a few too many lines at once in a chat tab. And if you do, you can ask them to stop, and if they don't stop, you can easily remove the friends thingy. And you shouldn't be friends with a person who doesn't respect that wish anyways. Same thing for passworded rooms like Soaprman with the awesome signature already explained. I have nothing to add, really.

GladiOol wrote:

How about you don't spam? ~.
I find it hilarious that you're saying that ;p
Hernan
Support jajaja.
Shohei Ohtani
I don't think bancho is able to go "wEEEEEEEEEEEEl, theeese guais happen ta be beeeestest pardners, saw I'll let dies sliiiide"

Although most of my mutual friends tell me to shut up even when I'm not spamming, so I guess I don't have experience in this department or something.
Firo Prochainezo

Soaprman wrote:

All for this, yes.

I was going to say something, but your signature already explained it.
GladiOol
@Larto; I've never, ever had a silence through PM \:D/ I'm srs.
Topic Starter
Wishy
Lies!!1
mm201
You're all forgetting the punitive aspects of silences and bans. If you're a troll and you're not annoyed by them, you're not going to stop doing what got you banned in the first place.
Larto
But this is just about when you talk to mutual friends. There should be no punitive aspects involved when you're just talking to your friends (even if you spam; except, of course when the friend of the spammer doesn't approve of him spamming him with PMs. Then that person can easily ask him to stop, which the spammer should respect if he's the other person's friend. Or, if nothing else works, the other person can remove him from his friends and thus get him silenced if he does that.)

And obviously, when you get silenced in public chat, you shouldn't be able to PM anyone, including mutual friends; there, punitive aspects, as you put it, make sense.
mm201

Larto wrote:

And obviously, when you get silenced in public chat, you shouldn't be able to PM anyone, including mutual friends; there, punitive aspects, as you put it, make sense.
I guess I misunderstood the request because I thought this was it.

Removing auto-silences for friend-friend chat should be fine. IRC clients are more difficult since you can't friend them and they don't have friends lists.
Topic Starter
Wishy
Yeah pretty much Larto explained the idea way better than me. I'd like to add to what he said though that it should be good too to add this feature to private multiplayer rooms.
Shiirn
People who get silenced can just relog and keep talking in private chat and avoid public. Nobody will know / care (unless you're dumb enough to talk to someone who DOES know and DOES care). Just gotta watch out for repeat bancho silences which turn into bans.
Nagandrea
I totally support this. I was accidentally spoiling SAO II Episode 4, and I spammed F to my friend really quick so he wouldn't get a chance to read it. but I think the solution to perfect this as a feature is quite simple. Why not make an OPTION for PM chat to allow spam? (either through options or a command/button in the chat itself)
if you want your friend to type a little less, then just let us put a restriction, like, if they do that 10 messages in 5 seconds thing then they get silenced for 10 seconds with no warning on their profile (ugh), and a friendly heads-up when it gets activated for your friend.

I can see how you would want someone to shut up once in a while and don't want to unfriend, nor get them silenced. then just add this option so that if they do spam it gets limited without punishment! PM chat is chatting, not for autosilence.

P.S. no ignore option either? :?:
Sea_Food

Shiirn wrote:

People who get silenced can just relog and keep talking in private chat and avoid public. Nobody will know / care (unless you're dumb enough to talk to someone who DOES know and DOES care). Just gotta watch out for repeat bancho silences which turn into bans.
#offtopic

Did this guy get b& for this post or something else?
deadbeat
i vaguely remember eph talking about flooding is still flooding in a thread similar to this one. we also confirmed with peppy that this isn't valid. so nope

also Sea_Food, please don't ask about ban reasons on the forums. they're hidden for a reason
BaraWolf
lol this happend to me 2 m8 this needs to be fixed why cant they make it so that your Friends can mute you :(
Bara-
1.) Don't bump old marked threads
2.) Your friends don't Mute you, it happens automatically
3.) Please use interpunction (or how that's called in english), reading your sentence without commas and fullstops is really annoying
4.) Invalid means: Not gonna happen
BaraWolf

Shiirn wrote:

You Have a point.
Underforest
1.) Don't bump old marked threads >.<