:o

about the BG the only thing that is random is that female character,

suggest something like this
XinCrin
This one is great too ^
Yauxo
agreed, that one looks pretty neat.
Gero
Posted again due my previous post, indeed the background suggested by Harbyter looks great too.
Shiirn
I think the current BG is perfectly fine. People are way too anal over backgrounds and needing them to be SUPER DUPER RELATED. It's not like it's touhou + tanks to pendulum music.

It's a pretty background that fits the song. It has a well-done sakura tree in a black backdrop with specific lighting on it and the girl. Who cares if there's a drawn girl in it, ya'll get way too serious about it. The photograph background of an actual sakura tree is far, far too bright for a piece that is fairly calm and relaxed. And the lindsey stirling background Gero suggested, is, well, let's face it, not exactly pretty.

Backgrounds should be relevant, yes, but there's no need to get up and arms over it not being ripped straight from the source of the track.
Topic Starter
Seijiro
God, sorry guys, but I won't be able to reply and fix all the problems atm.
I'll see what Ican do for the end of the week
RikiH_
If this piece of crap has got a lemur in the BG, then this map can keep the actual BG, which is pretty cool in my opinion.
Topic Starter
Seijiro
Ok, nvm. Connection returned apparently so I can update everything

So... first, the BG...
I'd like to clarify the reasons I choose the current BG (it took me 3 days to find it, so...): The giant tree in background, well, that's obvious as to why; the general "anime theme" of the BG is because I wasn't able to really find anything fitting which was also "real" and since Miku is itself an anime character I thought of a vague "resemblance" with that; the girl in the front is supposedly "dancing" imo, which resembles well the music's motif; the "dark and gloomy" feeling you guys are perceiving I can't feel it at all (I actually think the opposite on this matter: the dark surroundings give more emphasis to the pink, which is the real protagonist of the song); last but not least, wtf, the BG is the last reason I would have expected here, seriously. Just because someone got mad over an inappropriate BG on another map (not mentioning who, since everyone does it already) this doesn't mean we all have to go around and accusing every mapset with an anime BG of "inappropriate BG" since I can't see the problem on my mapset (the fact you don't like it doesn't count, obviously, and I really spent 3 afternoons to search for it because there wasn't one fitting).
If someone can Photoshop a dancing Lindsey on Harbyter's BG suggestion I may consider it.
Last note: the video was placed because of this, actually. Since there was no "relevant" BG to Lindsey I thought of using the video as a supplementary material for it, that's all.

tl;dr The BG is fine, you're just nitpicking on nothing

Back to the actual mods:
@Gero Darn, I thought all snaps were correct since both Okoratu and CB told me to use the actual snaps (maybe I took this too far and mapped snaps I shouldn't have) and also the last 2 QATs posting on this thread didn't mention anything else...
While I'm aware of them being human and not being able to be "perfect" I'd appreciate an unique post where all the QATs speak their mind, or at least do a general check on it in order to avoid the same DQ for the same reason... (Let's say the QATs can DQ a map and lock the thread as long as there is no post from them with all the problems on the map taken in examination. If that would be the case I would gladly wait even a couple of days for that, since I would be sure that fixing those problems leaves me with no more doubts on my map's state. Just throwing an idea...)

@Bakari Fixed everything you mentioned besides the matter with the general SV on the Easy: while I do understand the reasons I also think that the difference in distance from x1.5 to x1.0 isn't that big after all. (above all because it is an Easy diff...)
Also, I didn't really understand what's the problem with the slider shape (on Normal) since it doesn't matter at all if it's a plain curve or just a decoration, but whatever, it's not a big deal to fix anyways

I hope that's all, if anyone has something else to add "speak now or forever hold your peace."
Updated with the fixes and no BG change for the aforementioned reasons.

EDIT: I gave kudosu for Bakari's post only, since Gero already gave himself the kudosu on second post :P
Okoratu
i don't remember telling you to use 1/12 XD
Topic Starter
Seijiro

Okoratu wrote:

i don't remember telling you to use 1/12 XD
The actual story is "you told me to use the correct snaps" >>> me in my mind "I have to use all the complex snaps everywhere" looooooooool
(same goes for CB lol)
Harbyter
BN can't kudosu their own post, i think someone else kudosu his second post if you didn't xd
-Makishima S-
no kds

Question:

Insane

I have weird feeling that AR8 is actualy an bow into DT players and setting made a little against common sense. Amount of objects and its density makes it hard to read, especialy at the end in stream jumps parts. Long time ago some nice and wise QAT told me that setting lower AR than is actualy should be is innapropiate.

Let me give you reasoning:
AR8.5 = playability is at least 50%+ better since dynamic mapping and object density makes map way less an "confused reaction based game" and memorizing ceratin parts to make it 100% acc FC.

AR9 = here i could discuss becouse at least for me, playability is perfect or even above perfect, there is like zero reaction based movement, reading is generaly not affected by density and dynamic mapping fit this into song way better.

Ofc it's your choice, i am aware that changing AR will affect amount of people who could actualy take way more pp from this map by adding DT or HDDT (many can play ar9.6, but ar10 and 10.3 is actualy diffrent story).
It's just free proposition. Please think about it.

Wish you best in ranking this map, waiting for it sooooo long already ;w;

As i said - no kds.
Topic Starter
Seijiro
That reasoning is totally wrong: I mapped for nomod players, not DT-farmers.
The totally unfitting AR is actually the one on the Extra, since such a low BPM song doesn't go well with a high AR.

Also, I'd like if you avoid mentioning "some wise and nice QAT". The most possible case is that you wanted to say the same thing but you thought that mentioning a QAT will give your comment more importance, which isn't the case.
If any QAT would have had problems with that I guess they would have mentioned it already, seeing that I already received 2 DQs.
-Makishima S-
Also, I'd like if you avoid mentioning "some wise and nice QAT". The most possible case is that you wanted to say the same thing but you thought that mentioning a QAT will give your comment more importance, which isn't the case.
This agressive posture is not nesesery, i didn't mean to sound this way.

Thank you for answer tho.
ConsumerOfBean
(insert blind rage about dq here)
JBHyperion

FailureAtOsu wrote:

the fuck? it got dq'd for the BACKGROUND!?
How does this get dq'd for the background but No Title get away with a FUCKING LEMUR and a storyboard of nothing but a shaking lemur? Come on, ffs.
Dude, did you even read the DQ post or any of the subsequent mods? There's an unsnapped object which needed to be corrected, as well as some questioned gameplay settings and other stuff xddd
Topic Starter
Seijiro
I already fixed both snaps and mods from everyone tho and I also clarified my reasons for the BG, so everything should be fine.
HappyRocket88
Checked the snap of Gero's concern in Insane and Hard difficulty. It seems it was well addressed and correctly snapped now. Aside from the BG subjective issue, I don't see any other problem of re-pushing this to the ranked page.
Gero
The mapset is still on "Works In Progress/Help" did you talked with the mapper before setted the icon or something?
HappyRocket88
orz
Topic Starter
Seijiro
Could this be my misclick? xD
lol, gonna move this back to pending ahahahah
I swear it wasn't intended at all, sorry

EDIT: back in pending, sorry ;w;
HappyRocket88
(ノ・ω・)ノ
Pereira006

MrSergio wrote:

Could this be my misclick? xD
lol, gonna move this back to pending ahahahah
I swear it wasn't intended at all, sorry

EDIT: back in pending, sorry ;w;
You could ask QAT or GMT to move pending beatmap, like map app 1 diff lol ho well anyway I will just putt only important

[AsaNe's Easy]

Gameplay:

1. 02:46:131 (4,5,1) - inconsistency spacing

[Hard]

Gameplay:

1. 00:27:430 (1) - Missing snap to 1/6 like other diff's
  2. 02:17:300 (5) - ^ same happen Change snap 1/4 to 1/8
Call me when done
Topic Starter
Seijiro
lol, that DS on the Easy was totally my fault after checking Bakari's mod x)

Fixed everything :3~
Kyouren
What wrong with BG? OwO

Senbonzakura = Thousand Cherry Blossoms
Qiyana

KittyAdventure wrote:

What wrong with BG? OwO

Senbonzakura = Thousand Cherry Blossoms

Litterally, yes. Though the BG is pretty dark and doesn't really fit in with the mood this happy/jumpyish song

Harbyter wrote:

BN can't kudosu their own post, i think someone else kudosu his second post if you didn't xd
Yes, I read Gero's history on kudosu and it said Natsu had gave it.
Pereira006
alright, check everthing and snap.
Let's try !

Re-qualify
Topic Starter
Seijiro
Refer to p/4831893 please xD
Bara-
Gratz!
Surono
Congrats!!1!!1
Qiyana
Gratz and stuff.
Aurele
Congratulation !! :D
snz
Gratz!
Blocko
Hello.

As we discussed, I have some concerns with the map, mainly with the mania diff naming. Please change them to NM and HD without the + signs as those kinds of diff names have been abolished for ages.

After that, you can call me to instantly requalify it without having to call other BNs to bubble/heart it.

Good luck.
Harbyter
my bad sergio didn't know about the issue with the + :o :o
Topic Starter
Seijiro
Fixed ~
Blocko
Alright, let's get this moving again!
Harbyter
we can see this map in the ranked section now without worries
Okoratu
... maybe