forum

[duplicate] Uploading a screenshot copies link to clipboard

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +10
Topic Starter
Azure_Kite
Currently when you upload a screenshot, it is automatically opened in your browser. This is fine if you don't have it open, but for those of us with shit slow computers, it causes quite a bit of lag when opening osu!. Fair enough, I get that it's because it's loading another application. What I'd like to suggest is that it copies a link to the image to your clipboard instead, to paste wherever you may desire.

As an alternative idea, maybe osu! could check if a web browser application is open or not and react accordingly?
peppy
I originally decided against the clipboard option just because it isn't a really obvious behaviour. Maybe it could be a toggle.
Derekku
Now that many players are using puush, clipboard behavior seems a bit more obvious. I'll sometimes still use in-game uploading just to see the screenshot pop up in my browser, but it would still be nice to have it automatically copied to the clipboard. (:
Topic Starter
Azure_Kite

peppy wrote:

I originally decided against the clipboard option just because it isn't a really obvious behaviour. Maybe it could be a toggle.
sure why not. :)
Mercurial
Ultra bump.
Aqo
Super bump.

For me and I'm sure that for many others as well it's more obvious with the clipboard than without. Can't count the amount of times I posted a wrong link into chat thinking my /ss/ link is autoclipboarded when it really wasn't. Please add a toggle.
Sakura
Sometimes when uploading the screenshot it opens the tab and everything then it stops loading at about:blank and there's no way to retrieve the link so the only way is to upload again, this would save me from that hassle.
Archangel Tirael
You may use puush for uploading clipboard.
deadbeat
however not every one uses puush. plus as saruka mentioned, sometimes the image doesn't load. having the clipboard for shift+F12 would help
Topic Starter
Azure_Kite
Not only that, but puush tends to lag osu! out when used on a low end computer. At least, it does for me.
Archangel Tirael
I also have a weak computer and the speed of my internet does not exceed 7 kilobytes per second, but despite it all works well. :)
Stefan
Duplicate of t/28025, moved as one.