forum

Heya! Nice to meet ya!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
dangerousD_old_1
Hey whats up guys?

Just started playing osu a few days ago while taking a break from CS:GO and I'm really getting into it. I used to play DDR a lot back in the day when we still had arcades in our area so I guess it's no surprise that i'm hooked on this game. I still miss using my feet though and using a tablet is kinda weird but I do notice the difference between that and a mouse... just gotta find the right surface space and learn how to keep my wrist from hurting D:

Not sure if this is a good place to ask questions so I'll just ask a few... How do multiplayer games usually work? If I'm new should I look into playing or should I keep striving to break into 3 star songs? How do people typically make friends in osu?

Thanks for reading! 8-)
GSG95
I'm also from CS:GO. My computer is low-end so I'm not getting out of silver anytime soon. I don't see a reason to get out either.

You don't make friend in oss because everyone is already your friend.

Welcome to oss, my frand. don't die.
miyukiyoshi

GSG95 wrote:

I'm also from CS:GO. My computer is low-end so I'm not getting out of silver anytime soon. I don't see a reason to get out either.

Ok !!!!
Bara-
First of all, welcome!

dangerousD wrote:

Not sure if this is a good place to ask questions so I'll just ask a few...
How do multiplayer games usually work? There is a host and regular players. The host picks the map, and the rest need to download it if they don't have it. Then you can pick your mods if it's a free mods game (Host can choose this). Then every player needs to click the ready button, and then the host can start the game. There you just play with other people to try to get the most points (or accuracy/combo, depending on what the host set it to)
If I'm new should I look into playing or should I keep striving to break into 3 star songs? Do whatever you want. In the beginning, until you're rank 30k, don't even bother about ranking. Just play songs you like, and if you can't pass them, play something easier. The most common answer to things like these is "Play More". Play more maps you can easily pass, or even full combo (make no misses). Then try to get a high accuracy, aim for 98-100%. Then you can slowly advance to harder maps. I currently play 5 star maps, as I can do most 4-4.9 star maps with 98-100%
How do people typically make friends in osu? I regularly just ask them, and if you look at my profile, it works. You can also help others, or just ask them for some help. Some time ago, I also lurked around in the chat, thus a big part of #dutch (chat channel) is friends with me. If you want to be friends, it never hurts to just ask. It can help to say why you want to be Mutual friends, for example: Hey, I saw you play, and, wow, you're good. Can we please Mutual? It might not work, cause you are still fairly new, but eventually they will

Thanks for reading! 8-)
I hope this helped you!
PM me if you need some help, I'll happily help oyu :3
Have fun!
Topic Starter
dangerousD_old_1

Thanks for the reply! Silver isn't so bad. I'm LEM and I used to think that's where I wanted to be but playing against cheaters 1 out of every 4 games gets old. Made it up to Supreme once but it was even worse up there. Thanks for the warm welcome! :D

Also thanks for your reply baraatje123... about to PM you some more questions
Alea
Welcome to Osu*

Also i'm from csgo xD
Nameless
Nice to meet you, too.
Lovalyn
Welcome to osu and forums!
HazeL
ENJOY OSU!
blooming tea
Hey!
xXBIGKAHINAXx
HI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
minibethangel

deadbeat wrote:

If a thread hasn't had any posts in over a week, please don't bump it. Bumped threads will be locked.
-SayaKai
Welcome
Gans
lol :)
Bara-
Dat bump
shouta98_old

Nameless wrote:

Nice to meet you, too.
shouta98_old

Nameless wrote:

Nice to meet you, too.
Tae
oml literally why
Swadze

dangerousD wrote:

Hey whats up guys?

Just started playing osu a few days ago while taking a break from CS:GO and I'm really getting into it. I used to play DDR a lot back in the day when we still had arcades in our area so I guess it's no surprise that i'm hooked on this game. I still miss using my feet though and using a tablet is kinda weird but I do notice the difference between that and a mouse... just gotta find the right surface space and learn how to keep my wrist from hurting D:

Not sure if this is a good place to ask questions so I'll just ask a few... How do multiplayer games usually work? If I'm new should I look into playing or should I keep striving to break into 3 star songs? How do people typically make friends in osu?

Thanks for reading! 8-)
Bara-

minibethangel wrote:

deadbeat wrote:

If a thread hasn't had any posts in over a week, please don't bump it. Bumped threads will be locked.
Jellyblob
bump
SrBenamon

xXBIGKAHINAXx wrote:

HI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hikona
Welcome to the forums!
yoginandap
hiyaa!!!
Mints

deadbeat wrote:

Tari
Why is this not locked yet.