forum

[resolved] Dimmed osu! play area control

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +2
Topic Starter
-SiN-
lately i've been checked some SB without a warning to the mapper (well, get kicked out from MAT lol)

most of their SBs are make me disturbed and missed the circle

eg happy30's sb:

it would be good if this can be controlled by our-self without adding black layer in front.
LuigiHann
It does dim a bit already, but it would be nice if there was a slider in the options so that a player could control the level of dimness a bit
Topic Starter
-SiN-

LuigiHann wrote:

It does dim a bit already, but it would be nice if there was a slider in the options so that a player could control the level of dimness a bit
yes thati s what i mean. =D
peppy
It already dims enough in my opinion?
anonymous_old
You can either fade everything with a black background, or use the colour command to scale the output.
Topic Starter
-SiN-

peppy wrote:

It already dims enough in my opinion?
its not enough for something like this http://osu.ppy.sh/s/12564

@strager
it will be lag on some old PC : )
anonymous_old

-SiN- wrote:

@strager
it will be lag on some old PC : )
Have you actually tested this? It shouldn't.
Topic Starter
-SiN-
yes. i've tested it. First time released Neko Miko Reimu was using black layer and lagging.

my testing machine:
Pentium 4
GF 4 MX
256mb

and some players crappy PC's like Jerrysr has :p
anonymous_old

-SiN- wrote:

yes. i've tested it. First time released Neko Miko Reimu was using black layer and lagging.

my testing machine:
Pentium 4
GF 4 MX
256mb

and some players crappy PC's like Jerrysr has :p
I said fade all your objects out or set the colour. I didn't say add a black layer.
mm201
Fading/dimming objects has a different effect on alpha blending.

Just make your black layer image super-low-res and it shouldn't hurt performance on anything non-ancient.

Edit: Kfine peppy. It won't hurt your performance as much.
awp
everyone else wants to make it darker and I want to make it lighter

there is no justice
Derekku

awp wrote:

Yeah, I think it's fine as is. :<
Topic Starter
-SiN-

awp wrote:

there is no justice
this is when you need dims control ;)
peppy
If a control was added I doubt I'd let it go any lighter than it is, anyway.
Rena-chan

awp wrote:

there is no justice
Hey, not everyone.
I'd love to see it keeping its original brightness.
theowest
Yes, I'd like this a lot.
Rena-chan

theowest wrote:

oh.

Many people delete the SB because it's too disturbing to watch. YES. They do disturb gameplay and deleting BG might also improve gameplay too. The more you focus on the actual beats, the better your play will be. For n00bs that play a lot of easy beatmaps, this isn't a problem. But for pro's who's got loads of beats to have a watch on, this becomes a problem!

Just sayin'.
I don't know about you, but I find that I can play the maps with the most intense SBs that have been made to my knowledge (read: Flying High's old SB, ask jericho for more information) without any trouble at all.

Are you sure that those "pro's" really don't just suck at what they're doing ?
Deleting SBs/backgrounds is cheating. Yes, I went there.
RemmyX25
God forbid any of you play an arcade music game
Sakura

RemmyX25 wrote:

God forbid any of you play an arcade music game
^ this.

Many music games have video/background/objects moving in the back while you play
mm201
Placing a star on this for now. If it's added, it will be BAT-controllable and shared by all players, much like universal offsets.

Some maps have exceedingly bright backdrops they never should have been ranked with in the first place. The dimmer would be applied to these maps.

Edit: Maps like dis: YES THERE ARE A BUNCH OF HITCIRCLES UPCOMING!

I took this screenshot a while ago to make a point. I don't have the setid handy.
Shiirn

MetalMario201 wrote:

Placing a star on this for now. If it's added, it will be BAT-controllable and shared by all players, much like universal offsets.

Some maps have exceedingly bright backdrops they never should have been ranked with in the first place. The dimmer would be applied to these maps.

Edit: Maps like dis: YES THERE ARE A BUNCH OF HITCIRCLES UPCOMING!
I took this screenshot a while ago to make a point. I don't have the setid handy.
This is a bad example since it's beyond the worst kiai I've ever seen in any map whatsoever in existence.
mm201
But this IS a ranked map, which makes it a perfect example. And I found which one it was: http://osu.ppy.sh/s/9104

The fact that these maps are odd occasions, yet indisputable is why I think a BAT option would be perfect.
Stefan
Seems like a request to dim the background which is solved by the Visual settings. Marked as resolved.