forum

[invalid] Make a video preview

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
garowo
We can make a video preview on osu!direct and the web
Rilene
I guess peppy can't do that due to osu!'s current space usage.
Adding video preview to every song would cause space usage to skyrocketed more than 2 TB, because of every difficulties and the sounds in the video.
Or... Do you mean upload videos to YouTube? If it is that, players could do that by themselves, and if uploading all those video would cause them to be removed anyway since that would also cause a strain to YouTube (staff there would remove because 10000+ videos just for every difficulties).

Unless if it is for special songs (from contest which isn't bundled to the client installation), that would be nice and wouldn't cause a problem since songs like that are extremely rare (all I currently know is Evanescent which is in a contest but not bundled).
Bara-
Why?
Hardly anyone plays with video on nowadays
Also, a video doesn't make a map, a song does
drum drum
do you mean a video preview of the map being played or a video preview of the video?
Flanster
Video preview is already available on some maps.
It's a pretty big workload to do a preview of every single map though.

drum drum wrote:

do you mean a video preview of the map being played or a video preview of the video?
video preview of the video makes no sense!
Gumpy

LoliFlan wrote:

Video preview is already available on some maps.
The ones that are there are rarely used from what I see. I watched them once just so what it was, but other than that I didn't care.
Bara-
Why do some maps have it while others don't?
I find it a little weird actually
abraker
Just to clarify, video preview of the video in the beatmap, or video preview of the map itself like the preview in Tom's difficulty calculator?
drum drum

abraker wrote:

Just to clarify, video preview of the video in the beatmap, or video preview of the map itself like the preview in Tom's difficulty calculator?
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/50771
Gumpy

drum drum wrote:

https://osu.ppy.sh/s/50771
- Marco -

abraker wrote:

i would like the second one :)
Bara-
That would be cool actually
Stefan
Video previews are broken and having a preview video for all maps is kinda impossible to have done unless adding a own team (like in the past) and uploading on a own website which is not affected by copyright - YouTube is an awful place to upload them.