forum

[Archived] theme notes missing

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
oddysea682
Well sometimes when I change my theme, no notes come out but they are like invisible but the sliders

Derekku
What version of osu! are you using? (and perhaps some other details in options such as renderer and screen resolution?)
aRiskOfRain
Yup, happens here too, DirectX, 120 fps, 800x600 resolution.
Derekku
I'm not able to replicate. This was an old bug but was seemingly fixed (at least for myself). Are any special conditions needed for this to happen? Does it always happen? Does it only happen after switching skins (multiple times)? Etc.
Topic Starter
oddysea682
Well it s normally happends when I kind of speed into options and osu! would freeze for like a sec before going into themes and resolutions and setting:
DirectX
1200X800
unlimited and around 120 fps
Repflez
The bug happens for me sometimes in OpenGL at 648x480 with Unlimited Frame Limiter
Randy96
Confirmed on my end. DirectX, 1024x768, Vertical Sync (60fps)
Oh yeah, I rushed into options and skins really fast.
Topic Starter
oddysea682
and what was the results randy
Randy96
same as what you got, no circles, only sliders. if I left and came back it fixes itself though.
Topic Starter
oddysea682
I also have another issue with the theme selection
this is rare but when I choose a theme, the default backround (like when the song doesnt have a banner) will show, but it happens every few weeks and then its just a black backround

Keki_old
Change your renderer to OPEN GI (Not DirectX) It should work :)
Topic Starter
oddysea682

Keki wrote:

Change your renderer to OPEN GI (Not DirectX) It should work :)
Dont want to because open gl is is too laggy on me when fullscreen
Zekira
Just to add

This actually happens to me as soon as I open the skin menu.

OpenGL, 1024x600, 60fps(vsync)

I'm thinking that the enormous lag (around 0.5-2s) before the skin menu opens can contribute to the replication. I'm not sure though, but I do get this 100% of the time. But as soon as all the skin elements are done loading, I can freely open the skin menu without it going haywire anymore. It's just the first time that I open it and I haven't played any beatmap yet (thus no skin elements have been loaded yet?)
Xanek

Zekira wrote:

Just to add

I'm thinking that the enormous lag (around 0.5-2s) before the skin menu opens can contribute to the replication. I'm not sure though, but I do get this 100% of the time. But as soon as all the skin elements are done loading, I can freely open the skin menu without it going haywire anymore. It's just the first time that I open it and I haven't played any beatmap yet (thus no skin elements have been loaded yet?)
Same thing, you could be correct from what you said last
It's just the first time that I open it and I haven't played any beatmap yet (thus no skin elements have been loaded yet?)
happens in both opengl & directX
Topic Starter
oddysea682

Zekira wrote:

Just to add

The Enormous lag happens to me too. I have a feeling it might be of a loading issue.