forum

A silly dumb whine rant nonsense thread

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Frikandel
Hi!

I am noob in osu! For months upon months I raised my rank with DT! Easy! It was the only way since I sucked at everything else.

But since about 3/4 months the time has come where I'm even to bad to fc dumbass simple DT maps. So I had to quit it and decided to try and learn to play nomod.

After 3/4 months now I have still not improved. I don't know why this is hurting me so bad mentally. It is just a game but I seem to treat it as much more.
Now this wouldn't be a problem if I was actually good but I'm not. I have tried so hard to figure out what is holding me back. Is it my reading, my aim, my consistency or whatever. I still don't know the answer. I can't figure it out. I have asked many highranked players on tips but ofcourse you get the usual ''play more''. Well I have been playing my ass off and nothing changed. I asked some of those highranked players, if they think that I reached my limit. Some gave vague answers and some said no, you will get better.

Well I don't see it happening anymore. I truelly, truelly wish I knew what in god's name is making me so bad.

Now I'm in an area where I really just DON'T enjoy the game anymore, seeing every friend catching up to me, lower ranked players beat me in multiplayer, I just can't handle it. It hurts my feelings and self-esteem so bad even though it's just a game. It just makes me feel shit in everything.

What should I do? Quit the game? Somewhere I want to but a large part doesn't want to and keeps coming back (addiction?)
Hika
bye bye!
Topic Starter
Frikandel

Hika wrote:

bye bye!

Not yet! Said nowhere I was gonna quit btw. Just thinking about it.
Aurani

Yes, quit the damn game. You failed at being efficient and now you don't know how to take out your frustrations properly, so of course you need to either stop playing the game entirely or simply take a rather long break from it. You play a video game to have FUN, not because it's your job to do it. Just because you failed at being competitive doesn't mean you have to force yourself into it like your life depends on it.

Think more often about the situations you put yourself in, as the shit you're experiencing right now can serve as a valuable lesson in more than just the game. Simply suck it up and do something more productive until you either deal with the fact that you alone are at fault for not being able to advance (and then start playing the game again from scratch) or drop the game entirely.
Topic Starter
Frikandel

Aurani wrote:

Yes, quit the damn game. You failed at being efficient and now you don't know how to take out your frustrations properly, so of course you need to either stop playing the game entirely or simply take a rather long break from it. You play a video game to have FUN, not because it's your job to do it. Just because you failed at being competitive doesn't mean you have to force yourself into it like your life depends on it.

Think more often about the situations you put yourself in, as the shit you're experiencing right now can serve as a valuable lesson in more than just the game. Simply suck it up and do something more productive until you either deal with the fact that you alone are at fault for not being able to advance (and then start playing the game again from scratch) or drop the game entirely.

Sounds reasonable! Tried long breaks though, only made me worse. Guess I either indeed have to quit or stop trying to be good and play purely for fun. Both are hard for me. I don't know why!
Shohei Ohtani
get a job maybe
Topic Starter
Frikandel

Reditum wrote:

get a job maybe
I'm to autistic and socially awkard to leave the house.
Shohei Ohtani
you can be autistic and still get a job
Rilene
plz enjoy game - rrtyui
abraker
I am currently transitioning from DT to nomod, and I am expecting myself to take 9 months to recover (1 month down) maybe more. And yes, it's probably your reading. If you can't handle playing worse than before while you learn how to play without DT, then I suggest you spare yourself the torture and don't bother. Just like you, I am seeing little improvement in my performance in ALL gamemodes and have started to focus less on gameplay. I could quit osu!, but just like you I am well addicted to it. Instead of torturing myself with improving, I decided to let it come to me naturally and shifted my focus to other osu! related things. I became more involved with other stuff like programming osu!skill, researching beatmap difficulty and opening a mod queue. There are plenty of other things to do here other than being the top player.
Bweh
Oddly enough my biggest spurts in improvement come from actually having fun with the game. Being good is an arbitrary thing and thus it's a stupid thing to have as a goal. You never know when you'll get there—even when you hit that rank you always wanted you'll figure that there's alway something else to improve on. Your goalposts will move.

My suggestion? Brush it off. Stop stressing over shallow goals and competition that's fueled by mere arrogance. Pursue other goals and find what really makes you want to keep going. Get back into the game later.

Then try out different things. Challenge yourself with new things you haven't done before, like a faster speed, or a slower one. Bigger or smaller circles; slower approach rate; get comfortable with something completely new and see what you can gather from it.

Really should go in G&R but if you want my honest-to-God opinion

Reditum wrote:

get a job maybe
Is your best move here.
Rilene
Well, since you are 21 years old and it's time to...

Reditum wrote:

get a job maybe
Honestly, you need to.
A Medic

Reditum wrote:

I've worked with a Software Developer that was legally autistic and he was by far one of the best people there.
Kappa FrankerZ

A Medic wrote:

Reditum wrote:

I've worked with a Software Developer that was legally autistic and he was by far one of the best people there.
legally autistic? you mean medically autistic?
Rilene
nice spam
im your fan now
Kappa FrankerZ

Rilene wrote:

nice spam
im your fan now
thanks buddy
Kunino Sagiri
But you only have 31k playcount and already has 5k pp. Ok I get it, I just got trolled hard ha ha you got me.
MyAngelRemi
Find some songs you really like play them trough and don't care if you are doing a good combo or acc, just play to listen to the music. i usually lose my motivation to rank up every second week and i usualy then just play some songs i like not caring.
AcademyAhri
Zed is currently the 3rd hardest and the 7th weakest in the game, the only way to lose to him is to get outplayed. And he needs massive buffs to be able to escape his current state.
puccithecat
of course you have to play more. once you get 666 play counts you are now my spawn.
IppE

puccithecat wrote:

of course you have to play more. once you get 666 play counts you are now my spawn.
Are you satan-kun?
puccithecat

IppE wrote:

Are you satan-kun?
of course i am. as you can tell i got 666 play counts on ctb O3O
MyAngelRemi
Flaus
buy a pro gaming chair and a tablet and a 3127786hz monitor and a pro keyboard and a pro desk and a pro comp and a pro wrist brace and pay for lessons from a pro
fat pear
guys he quit already
Topic Starter
Frikandel

[ microism ] wrote:

guys he quit already

I CAN'T MAN! the curse is real.
Topic Starter
Frikandel

Kunino Sagiri wrote:

But you only have 31k playcount and already has 5k pp. Ok I get it, I just got trolled hard ha ha you got me.

Yeah so what that voids my right to complain?

Playcount doesn't say much anyways. I had 26k plays when I got to this rank and now I have 31k plays. Meaning I haven't improved one bit in 5k playcounts that is just horrible.