forum

Skin Playfield not showing?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Irontheater
I tried turning on "Ignore all beatmap skins", and turning it off, as well as changing resolution. This happens will the skins I download, and not just one.

What am I doing wrong?

When I download the skin, I click and drag it to the osu! window, and it installs it. But only the icons change :/ The spinner, and pause screen also change.

I feel like there are more stuff that don't change, other than the playfield, but I can't really tell what they are exactly, cause I've never seen what the skins are supposed to look like complete.

Any help would be appreciated
Haskorion
Don't drag it into osu! Doing this will treat it like a beatmap and not a skin. When you download a skin in .osk-format just double click it and it will extract itself automatically into the osu!/Skins directory. If you download it in .zip-/.rar-/ or .z7 you have to unpack it manually using programs like 7zip or WinRAR. After extraction just move the folder into the osu!/Skins directory and restart your game. After that you can choose your skin from a dropdown list in the options menu.

Now to the playfields:
  1. playfield.png is no longer supported. And this is not the file you seem to look for
  2. menu-background.jpg requires you to have a Supporter Tag to be loaded. It is used only as a playfield if a map has no background.
For future questions, please ask them in this thread: t/51694