forum

Monster Hunter series - help, showcases, & more!

posted
Total Posts
show more
-Maus-
Iirc it was already confirmed to have only high and low rank
Ciunek
Well that blows. Expecting same thing as MH4 then. First JP only and then G rank with worldwide release.
-Maus-
I hope that happens if we actually get #MHXForTheWest :F
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette

Dat parasol (at least, for me).
-Maus-
Snek urgent plis
Nekomurder
Your favorite weapon is the best weapon; and your favorite monster is the best monster.

switch axe is better than your favorite weapon though
PyaKura
ha who even plays sa

gotta admit I wish I could play SA ;-;
-Maus-
I wish I had a big willi ;~;
Nekomurder

PyaKura wrote:

ha who even plays sa

gotta admit I wish I could play SA ;-;
What problems are you having with SA? I find it fairly simple to play.

Transformau5 wrote:

I wish I had a big willi ;~;
SA users all have big willies :)
PyaKura
I have trouble with my timing. I can't figure out how long each of the SA's attack animations will take so I often try to hit more than I should. It's in that spot with medium length attack animations I have trouble with (same goes for LS and the DB combos. Never actually tried to play CB but I think I'd have the same issue). I main GS and I play around a lot with SnS/E.Lance which are good for me because the GS involves a single hit prediction and the other two are extremely flexible weapons with fast attack animations.
Nekomurder

PyaKura wrote:

I have trouble with my timing. I can't figure out how long each of the SA's attack animations will take so I often try to hit more than I should. It's in that spot with medium length attack animations I have trouble with (same goes for LS and the DB combos. Never actually tried to play CB but I think I'd have the same issue). I main GS and I play around a lot with SnS/E.Lance which are good for me because the GS involves a single hit prediction and the other two are extremely flexible weapons with fast attack animations.
I've mained GS for the same amount of hunts as I have with SA. But timing SA hits isn't all that hard and there's not really much of a secret trick to it or anything, just practice. How many hunts have you taken the SA on? It might be that you're just really novice with it. CB either has short attacks or GS-length attacks.
PyaKura
Around 60 quests done with SA versus 1200+ with GS so yeah...

The issue is I don't know if I hit enough times to deal meaningful damage so I often overcommit and end up being sent flying. My SA is a Power Phial one so I'm often using the Sword mode and use X (forward double-chop) then A (horizontal slash with a step back) to DPS, and the other moves occasionally. As you know the downside is the very low-mobility so I'm thinking about making an armor set with evade extender to help with that.

I guess it's just a matter of playing more to get an accurate feeling of the weapon lol.
Nekomurder

PyaKura wrote:

Around 60 quests done with SA versus 1200+ with GS so yeah...

The issue is I don't know if I hit enough times to deal meaningful damage so I often overcommit and end up being sent flying. My SA is a Power Phial one so I'm often using the Sword mode and use X (forward double-chop) then A (horizontal slash with a step back) to DPS, and the other moves occasionally. As you know the downside is the very low-mobility so I'm thinking about making an armor set with evade extender to help with that.

I guess it's just a matter of playing more to get an accurate feeling of the weapon lol.
Yeah, it's a matter of playing more often with SA to get better.
Just keep in mind that power phial axes aren't the only ones, even if it's not power phial, it can still be good. Axe mode can be just as strong as sword mode if you use it properly, and don't worry about hitting enough to deal meaningful damage; just worry about hitting it and not getting hit. For maximum DPS if you really need to worry for that, your current method is fine. But if a monster's going to be down for a while, go into axe mode, press X+A for the upward swing, then start mashing A, and just before it gets up, press R for a huge damage finisher, and R again if you want to switch right into sword mode.
-Maus-
Nothing is less mobile than HBG with its limiter off rip
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Ciunek
MHX in the West or riot.
I never cared too much about spinoffs to begin with, but it's good that they popularize the game more. Gives more hope for the future.
PyaKura
This news is actually about Stories the anime not the game, but yeah if this does come out in the west there will undoubtfully be more people interested in MH. Now with the kind of graphics Stories has (both in game and anime) I'm not sure whether people are going to see it simply as a kid game/show (*cough*pokemon*cough*) or not.
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
I already know there's gonna be "people" who will say lolPokémonripoff >_>
-Maus-
lolMHripoff
-Maus-
Sad story time by MHH admins:
>go online after many centuries
>join a room of a guy named Sonja
>The room is fatalis farming
>Use it as a test for my honed/exploit set
>The host is a GS user with a decent set
> another pleb joins
> we depart for the Quest, even if the host is a bit insecure
>not even 5 minutes and the other pleb quits
>Just me and the Host
>We kill fatalis with real teamwork
>2 other people join while we killed the dragon
>we go back to the hall
>they uselessly try to kill Pissed crimson
>we all cart
>we continue to a GQ
>2 jangs 128
>easy cake, the host really knows his shit
>suddenly he stays still
> I thought he went afk
>We fail the quest due double jang in the same area, always
>We try now apex jang
>we punish the fucker up
>bless the OHA
>The other guy who has a full chammy asked us where are we from
>I said Mexiland, the host said France
>I asked if he was in the shooting
>he says he was, got 3 shots
>fug.png
>one of them was in the hand
>He said "sorry for not playing well, my hand hurts like shit"
>fug_no.png
>We proceed to help the chammy guy with the star pleb armor
>Suddenly the host goes Afk
>Carts
>Goes back and shouts "sorry"
>We kill the quest quickly
>Back in the hall he said that his chest hurts
>He was in the hospital
>one shot pierced his lung
>Dammit.png
>I told him to rest
>"nah, second round. Like a damn hole in my chest could stop me"
>we proceed to utterly rape zinigger and seregios ass in sub 5 minutes
>the host dunked seregios from the air with a level 3 charge
>I lel'd a little
>We finish the quest
>He needed to rest
>I told him that I will joyfully wait to kill more iguanas
>He promise to go back
You better keep your promise Sonja, you fucking glorious french bastard ;-;.

By the way, I hope Pya is alright D:
PyaKura
I am. Glad I'm not living in Paris, thanks for worrying about us. Props to that Sonja guy. Anyways I think I'll pick up MH once again while waiting for MHX (inb4 waiting for it forever)
-Maus-
Guys from MHH have published it on a site and will most likely put it on reddit (if they already haven't)
That guy deserves a load of appreciation for that level of badass
PyaKura
pls capcom

<---------------

Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
^ Your post is totally not gonna make sense in the future, rofl.
PyaKura
But only the present matters!

or that's what they say

edit : ok context
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Good job >w<b
-Maus-
#MHXForTheWest is a Gaijindrome piece of shit, you just don't do this
PyaKura
Say what you want it's pretty much the only hashtag and a very efficient way of showing the West's support for MHX, now that even Kojima-san is aware of its existence.
-Maus-
Do you really think that a hasthag will have anything to do with the game's release? Do you think that Capcom hires staff to search the internet for the amount of #MHX hashtags to start making the game?
The crucial factor of creating any game is money. They won't create a game that won't give profit. If the hype was too low, not even your hashtags would do shit. It's been always like that.
Anyway, I think they do realize that MHX would bring huge profit upon worldwide release. 4U gave them a good income, and thanks to the game, they received a wider audience. Now everyone is hyped for MHX and not releasing it would be self-harm.
My point is- don't whine for MHX to come for the west if the game isn't even released in Japan. Capcom will do as they wish, and a bunch of hashtags isn't going to change their decision. Just wait and enjoy 4U while it's not dead yet.
PyaKura
Or you could let people do whatever they want that works too. I'm doing it to move along with the hype. I know Capcom will not be making any statement about releasing MHX overseas any time soon, but keeping that hashtag up is a way to show that the western community is always ready and up for it, remotely supporting them. I don't like the comparison but stopping using #MHXForTheWest is similar to stopping supporting a music composer/whatever artist on the social networks (where they get the most, although biased, feedback) because their fans know that they will probably continue to make cool music or draw pretty stuff anyway. That's part of a community's little pleasures and a way to make it live on. Though the way you stated it in your post before your last was pretty much to stop follow GH's trends for some obscure reasons. I'm not doing it for him, I'm doing it because I want MHX and it's become the most used hashtag to keep track of what the community (read: not only GH and other well-known community members) comes up with.
-Maus-
I mentioned GH because he's pretty much who started the hashtag+Gaijindromes, de facto- MH Community's cancer, abuse that shit the most. It's almost as annoying as the PS whiners :v
PyaKura
So I went and... yeah, I'm importing a JP new 3DS + MHX bundle.
PyaKura

Can't wait
PyaKura
They were fucking late but it's here at last

PyaKura
Just after clearing village Dinovaldo quest...

capcom 10/10
-Maus-
Lost it at the Gargwa lmao
PyaKura

The gameplay is pretty confusing though lol, but yeah well I'm having fun.
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
The more I look at this, the more I wish I could understand Japanese:

-Maus-
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
But there's a reason why it looks like that. I don't know the actual story, but I know it was mentioned.
show more