forum

Where did your username originate from?

posted
Total Posts
show more
Daxxor
My very first username was "blafferke", it's basically a tiny version of a pistol in pirate language. I got it out of a pirate book I got when I was young. (Kappa)

Daxxor was made up on the spot by a friend of mine. We played Allods Online, and decided to create a new character. I asked: "Hey, think of a name for me as well". That's when "Daxxor" was born.
Valentine
Literally my real name with with otay at the end for no reason \o/
-Atri-
For easier understanding, I'll split both the meanings of "Kurante" and "Melodii"

For "Kurante", as some you know, that's the name of the girl from FREEDOM DiVE, yes, they named it

As for "Melodii" , it's from a closed species in DeviantART, I owned one here , according to their closed species page, "Melodii" means... of course "Melody" in Korean

So I combines those 2 words, and my username was born
puccithecat
my cat pucci
Kyozoru
Kyozoru, i mixed it with my old name in osu - Kyou-kun, favorite character in one piece is zoro, changed the o in zoro to u then remove the u in kyou = Kyozoru
Trubble
It's a nickname that has followed me around all my life.
defiance
well

being a skrub in a game has always been my passion

so i just did this
Antlia-
I made a You Tube account in the 2000's and decided to keep the name, it's from "Star Wars The Clone Wars"
Also, why isn't this in surveys? Drum Drum you know better
[ Kakuja ]
:D I got my current username from the anime Tokyo Ghoul.
I went to the Tokyo Ghoul wiki and read a bit more about the incomplete kakujas and other stuff, after I've read the first sentence:
''A kakuja (赫者, red one) is a kind of ghoul with a transformed kagune.'' in exact that moment I went to my Osu! profile and changed name because I love the color red. My osu! skin is bloated with red colors, my computer is red/black theme and most of my clothes are red/black too.

How I got my old username: HaiHaiAnkan.
This was just a random name I choose because I couldn't make up a good name when I made my account.
HaiHaiAnkan directly translated from swedish to english: HelloHelloDuck.

___
Edit: I don't even know if Kakuja actually means the red one.. but it still sounds cool 8-)
bolt997
Coz also named my mini pomeranian after that.

And I was born in 1997.

It was also around the time porsche released the carerra 997.

bolt997 looked cooler than bolt97.

And it's nice how 6 years later, naruto's son is bolt (ボルト) Hence my caption~
Nealth
Well, the name I originally wanted was taken so I put this random name together and I guess I kind of stuck with it.

But I mean, I like it. :P
mosvannen
Biri Biri
Neat new forum design. Been a little while. Copied directly from my userpage. p:

Origin of my username
For the sake of misinterpretations and similar sounding words, the name Kamidachi breeds from several things, and is a "fanmade" one if anything.

Kami - Referring to "god" or a godlike figure. Also stemming from the anime "Kami Nomi zo Shiru Sekai", (The World God Only Knows) where the main character Katsuragi Keima is nicknamed as "Kami nii-sama" to his partner. I'm able to relate to him in many ways so I felt it was symbolic for me at least.

Tomodachi - Meaning friend(s) or close acquaintance. In life, I place large value on my friendships because they've helped me through life and blahblah misc other stuff. That's all for that.

Putting both together and ignoring japanese rules, "Kami" and "-dachi" make a "God/Godly Friend". Making the last and final meaning of my name reflect who I am individually, as someone who can be relied on at any time and would do anything for a friend. <3
George
It's my IRL name.
Otrebor
the origin of my nickname is pretty dumb, but let's say it anyway

My real name is Roberto, so i just took the "R" and i wrote it with the Italian pronunciation (erre) and then wrote the rest of my name.
Electovoid
It is my IG name ;;~

Where it came from?
I liked the word void for no apparent reason

I also like Electro - Im assuming because of electronic music but who knows

I didnt like Electrovoid, so I took out the R
Simples 8-)
xXxSkippyxXx
I pretty much stole mine from a youtuber called Skippy9191. I suck at coming up with user names.
Pituophis
Its a genus of snake. I like snakes.
Chaosemerald
The Chaos Emeralds from Sonic the Hedgehog
NaTha
My old name was Kazutodacer. I wanted to write Kazutodancer but i lost the N and dacer sounded nice.
Then i changed to NaThaNeL. Thats because i saw a tv spot where a passanger called Nataneal but you speak the Name "Natanäl"
Now my Name is NaTha its a short version of NaThaNeL cuz anyone in osu called me NaTha
EtienneXC
A post-hardccore band "Etienne Sin." I have no idea how I used to like them.
The "XC" part refers to the sport Cross Country
Offdensen
'Feliciano' comes from Feliciano Vargas,which he comes from an anime called 'Hetalia'.
'Gasai' comes from an anime called 'Mirai nikki',or,in English,'The Future Diary'.
Jarvis
Now that I've gotten a new name.

I used to binge on reading competitive game wikia's (League of Legends/Dota/CS:GO) so whenever my friends needed to know shit for games or builds. Just call Jarvis...
Eiuh
I was tired of my previous nickname so i wanted something new and unique.

it's pronounceable and i was desperate ok ;_;
otoed1
5 or 6 year old me.
Darth_Mula
because mules and star wars so
DeletedUser_6709840
I used to part of a clan in runescape called "Roseus Deos" and pretty much it stemmed from that. The 'Jaeger' part is a little Attack on Titan inspired apart from the meaning literally meaning 'hunter'. My username is supposed to mean 'pink hunter' and just sound cool
Darth_Mula

RoseusJaeger wrote:

I used to part of a clan in runescape called "Roseus Deos" and pretty much it stemmed from that. The 'Jaeger' part is a little Attack on Titan inspired apart from the meaning literally meaning 'hunter'. My username is supposed to mean 'pink hunter' and just sound cool
no way, u cant
Emayecue
In other games and forums that used my forum name used to be "Made In Quebec". After a while, the diminutive MiQ was used for most people who interacted regularly with me.

At some point, I was looking for a new name for a new character I wanted to create, and one of my friends on that game suggested I use now, which stands for Em (M) aye (I) cue (Q)

Since then, it kinda grew on me, and now it's a standard wherever I go I always use that name... Thank god he never asked me for copyright fees :D
DeletedUser_6709840

Darth_Mula wrote:

RoseusJaeger wrote:

no way, u cant
I can't what?
Darth_Mula

RoseusJaeger wrote:

Darth_Mula wrote:

no way, u cant
trust me.
NiuCriu
I originated as Niudoru, because Nudoru wasn't available so I added an "i" in there somewhere. As I got more involved into the twitch community, every time a 1 miss or choke or 80% acc FC's, my friends and I would all type niuCri, as an emote. I thought it was clever to rhyme Niu to Cri, thus NiuCriu...
carljcdc
From my real name, my previous universal ign is "Botch Carl" cuz i was called "botchipig" cuz i used to be fat lel, then "carl" cuz my name's Carl, "jcdc" cuz of my 2nd name, MI, and surname.
-NikoNiko-
I cant remember
Sonolux
I first discovered the word known as "Sonoluminescence" through a certain fact page on FB some months ago. It sounded cool, so I shortened it and made a variation. Thus, Sonolux was born.
Deimousxo
GTA and WoW.

There was a car in a GTA Game called "Deimos" and I was searching a WoW Character Name aswell. Deimos/Deimous was already taken so I made it Deimousxo.
Scyan
Fleeting: This describes my streaming ability perfectly: "lasting for a very short time.".

Jake: What can I say, I guess it's my first name :oops:

Not very original but I try :P
birra
Birra is my real first name and my nickname. Then it has a good meaning as well according to my parents which is "kindness". I hope I can always keep and be the thing that my parents message me through the name they gave me, and I'm trully glad they gave me the name.
AcademyAhri
From a game called league of legends, a video game character named Ahri, its a skin that you buy
Daichi Shinku
My Personality, which is Mixed up...
and a Linkin park's song
show more